Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR20 Router Issue SECURITY CERTIFICATE

CLDawson
Follower

RBR20 Router Issue SECURITY CERTIFICATE

I lost internet connection suddenly today, but after I connected via my Orbi RBR20 I could not connect to the internet on any of my devices... android phone, iPad, HP laptop, or my HP work laptop. Whenever I tried to connect to my company's network or to a website on any of my devices, I receive a message saying my connection is not private. It also referenced an ERR_SEC_CERT issue, indicating that there was an issue with a security certificate. When I connected my devices directly to my internet provider's modem, everything works as it should, so this pinpoints my issue to my Orbi and not to Xfinity. Orbi will also noy allow me to log into my Orbi app, saying that my password is incorrect, although I had successfully logged into the Orbi app earlier in the day. Does this sound like a hardware or firmware issue with my Orbi? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Message 1 of 5
microchip8
Master

Re: RBR20 Router Issue SECURITY CERTIFICATE

Most likey firmware issue. Try a factory reset.
Message 2 of 5
plemans
Guru

What modem/gateway is it connected to? 

Message 3 of 5
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @CLDawson ,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

I understand that you are not able to log into your Orbi using your admin credentials. Please factory reset your Orbi to re-establish the connection. The issue mentioned above may be linked to a feature that is found in most routers that is enabled by default. This feature has the ability to reroute packet destinations based on current network parameters. If you are still having certificate issues please try toggling off the SIP ALG feature on your RBR20. 

Please follow the steps below to turn off the feature mentioned above:

1. Orbilogin.com
  2. ADVANCED
  3. Setup
  4. WAN Setup
  5. "Disable SIP ALG"

Please let me know if you need additional assistance!

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@CLDawson wrote:
I lost internet connection suddenly today, but after I connected via my Orbi RBR20 I could not connect to the internet on any of my devices... android phone, iPad, HP laptop, or my HP work laptop. Whenever I tried to connect to my company's network or to a website on any of my devices, I receive a message saying my connection is not private. It also referenced an ERR_SEC_CERT issue, indicating that there was an issue with a security certificate. When I connected my devices directly to my internet provider's modem, everything works as it should, so this pinpoints my issue to my Orbi and not to Xfinity. Orbi will also noy allow me to log into my Orbi app, saying that my password is incorrect, although I had successfully logged into the Orbi app earlier in the day. Does this sound like a hardware or firmware issue with my Orbi? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7