Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR40 Cannot Change Primary Device to new IPHONE

BenInDbg
Follower

RBR40 Cannot Change Primary Device to new IPHONE

I searched the community responses to similar trusted device questions and cannot find a useful answer. There is an older thread that began on 2019-11-29, but as replies #4, #5, and #6 express - the solution suggested is not a viable solution in my case. 

The trusted device on my account is 'still around' but old. I want to add a newer device but I cannot find anywhere in the IPhone ORBI App to do this. This should not be this difficult in my opinion. The place that makes the most sense is under settings / login settings / Two-Step verification/ My Trusted devices - but there is NO OPTION to add a new device. Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RBR40 Cannot Change Primary Device to new IPHONE

Hello BenInDbg, 

Thanks for reaching out. May you send me a private message with the following info:

Email:

Router Serial Number:

Old Phone Number:

New Phone Number:

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 2 of 4
Rayfire
Aspirant

Hello @Christian_R ,

I'm also experiencing the same issue as the OP @BenInDbg  listed. I upgraded to a new phone, on the Orbi app > Home > Account Management > Login Settings > Two-Step Verification > Trusted devices - I don't see any option to add a new trusted device, it still lists my old one. Please advise.

Thanks

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Notice he wanted a private message with personal details which should not be posted on a public forum.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7