Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR40 - cannot log into ORBI app

KPUN
Initiate

RBR40 - cannot log into ORBI app

I cannot log into the app, even after resetting the password at the Netgear site. I can log into the site (as I am now) but cannot to the app. Have had this issue in the past but nothing works this time - it just keeps saying an error has occurred try again. Help appreciated!
Message 1 of 15

Accepted Solutions
Stev3D
Luminary

Turns out to be a buggy app.  I had the same problem and found the solution on another thread in this forum..

Uninstall and reinstall the app, and that should clear it for you -- it worked for me.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 15

All Replies
Stev3D
Luminary

Turns out to be a buggy app.  I had the same problem and found the solution on another thread in this forum..

Uninstall and reinstall the app, and that should clear it for you -- it worked for me.

Message 2 of 15
KPUN
Initiate

Thanks man that totally did it!
Message 3 of 15
vetvietnam11b
Aspirant

Re: RBR40 - cannot log into ORBI app I cannot long in as administrator, only guest,

I CANOT LOG N MY NETWORK AS THE ADMINSTRAT

Message 4 of 15
Stev3D
Luminary

Re: RBR40 - cannot log into ORBI app I cannot long in as administrator, only guest,

@vetvietnam11b, please clarify: Are you referring to joining the network as a client (connecting to the wireless signal) to use the Internet, or are you trying to connect to the device itself for the purposes of managing it? I ask because the former doesn’t use your administrative password, and the latter can’t be done as guest — unless the passwords are switched in the device configuration. Please clarify. Also see my note (I think it is #2 in the thread) about a buggy app.
Message 5 of 15
vetvietnam11b
Aspirant

Thank you Steve

i wanted to be able to log in and manage the router. But I can not log in keeps telling me password is wrong. And if I have to reset the Orbi it’s going too ask me the log in code that comes with the Orbi and I don’t have that either

Message 6 of 15
Stev3D
Luminary

Try this simple thing to do: Delete the Orbi app from your mobile device, and then install it fresh. Report back what happens.
Message 7 of 15
rsaylor78
Tutor

@Stev3D wrote:

I tried this as well and it did not solve my issue.  When logging into my Netgear account in the app it does not give me any error messages.  It just goes back to the login page.  I typed an incorrect password on purpose and it told me my email or password was invalid.  I expected that.  Tried to log in with correct un/psw and it just goes back to the login page with no error message.

Message 8 of 15
Stev3D
Luminary

As an experiment, try turning off cellular data on your mobile device (to force Wi-Fi-only operation) and see what happens.
Message 9 of 15
rsaylor78
Tutor

There was an update last night to the app and that resolved my issue.
Message 10 of 15
excitonic
Aspirant

The app is still buggy. After logging in the app throws me back to the login screen again, forcing me to re-enter the login credentials. After re-entering the credentials, it gives an error that too many invalid attempts.

I have removed and re-installed the app at least three times now with no success. This only started to occur recently, so with a more recent update.

At this point the router cannot be managed from the mobile app. As the bug causes the app to become completely useless.
Message 11 of 15
Stev3D
Luminary

Sounds like you’ve done everything you can do in the app side. One more idea: Using the Web browser interface, verify that your Orbi is running the most current firmware, which I think for your model is 2.3.1.58, according to this support page:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK40.aspx

The current version of the firmware is shown in the upper-right corner of the browser window.

If you aren’t running the most current version, that may explain the issue. If you are current, I am out of ideas.
Message 12 of 15
Stev3D
Luminary

And when I wrote “The current version of the firmware is shown in the upper-right corner of the browser window“ I was referring to the management window for your network’s Orbi (I should have been clearer about which browser window).
Message 13 of 15
excitonic
Aspirant

My router firmware Version is: 2.3.1.60

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 14 of 15
Stev3D
Luminary

@excitonic , the Subject line for this thread is "RBR40 - cannot log into ORBI app" -- but the firmware version you cite is for the current one for RBR50.  Please confirm which device (40 or 50) you have.

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7