Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 system 4 sats one is outdoor Y model.

nlieber
Follower

RBR50 system 4 sats one is outdoor Y model.

Network shows 4 sats all talking to router but only one sat shows up on map.I have seen this error mentioned for months going back to last year. I have the latest version from apple store for mobile app. Connecting through the PC all is well but if I am away from house I can't easily tell system status.

I wonder how can such a seemingly easy problem linger on so long?

I will likely be shopping elsewhere in the future.

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: RBR50 system 4 sats one is outdoor Y model.

Because sometimes one app update fixes it, and the next breaks it. 

Tough to know. 

If you do go elsewhere, good luck. I've tested quite a few of these devices and all of some types of bugs. They all have forums that you see stuff posted. the newer/fancier these get, the more errors you find. 

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded on the RBR and all RBS?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the Orbi app version installed? 

What Mobile device are you using? 

Be sure any MAC Address randomizers are disabled while at home:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-p/222...

Is this seen on other mobile devices? 

Does the RBS all appear correctly synced on in GOOD status on the RBRs web page? 

Do the devices appear in the app while at home and if the Orbi app is selected for the local network? 

@nlieber wrote:

Network shows 4 sats all talking to router but only one sat shows up on map.I have seen this error mentioned for months going back to last year. I have the latest version from apple store for mobile app. Connecting through the PC all is well but if I am away from house I can't easily tell system status.

I wonder how can such a seemingly easy problem linger on so long?

I will likely be shopping elsewhere in the future.

Message 3 of 4
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @nlieber ,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

I understand that you are not able to see all of the satellites connected to your RBR50 through your Orbi app. Please ensure that you are using the most recent Orbi app version 2.27.0.77.  Simply navigate to your app or play store and update your Orbi app once it is available. 

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7