Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50v2 Problems with the phone app

ron111157
Aspirant

RBR50v2 Problems with the phone app

RBR50v2, RBS50v2 and RBS50,   version 2.7.4.24, Apple IOS & OS. App version 2.25.0.44

After the last couple of app updates I have been having problems with the phone app.

It will show I am connected online and have 2 Satellites with xx amount of devices online BUT.. If I click device manager I get "no devices connected" OR  a pop up that says "Sorry, your device list failed to load. Please try again later".   The system "seems" to be working ok but the app is also slow. I get the loading circle most of the time.

I have logged out and back in. I have rebooted the router with no results.

If I go to the web and connect locally on my laptop I can see all my devices and it appears to be working ok.  

The iPhone app is connected locally. I am not using Anywhere Access

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions

All Replies
ron111157
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 

Thanks for the info. I did not know about the report-a-bug for the app. I have submitted one now.

I was aware that a newer FW update was out there but as many have said it does not show in the update tab on the web. I have seen that post before.  I have downloaded the updates but am reluctant to do a manual update given the problems people have talked about in the post.  The last thing I want is to have to do a factory reset and go thru all that reloading and rebuilding again. 

I have went thru several updates (most auto, one manual). All those went smoothly so far.

I don't use Armor or SPC and my laptop page works fine. The phone app has the latest update so I'll wait to see if the bug fix route helps before I move forward.

Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

Message 4 of 10
ron111157
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 

I do have a recent CFG file saved. Thanks

As for the original problem/issue It has resolved and the phone app is working properly again.  Never heard anything back on my Bug report But hey it works now soooooo who knows.

I was browsing around the site and reading posts and it seems there were multiple recent issues across the Orbi family. Good to hear that most have resolved.

Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 6 of 10
ron111157
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 

Oh, almost forget. One last question. once upon a time I used to get a mail notification when someone replied to a post. Somewhere along the line it stopped doing that. What changed?  

I'm looking at this page right now and on the top right just below "Associated Products" I see the "Email me when someone replies" and the Box is checked but I don't get a mail. 

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Don't know. I dont' usually have mine set. I've checked it now. 

Reply and lets check this...

Message 8 of 10
ron111157
Aspirant

@FURRYe38   

Replied for test.

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya not getting any notification. I'll ask about this...

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7