Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50v2 – unable to connect remotely and issues with SPC

TeddyT
Aspirant

RBR50v2 – unable to connect remotely and issues with SPC

I am having issue connecting remotely to RBR50v2 router from the android Orbi App. Getting error “we can’t find your orbi”. It only lets me connect locally and Internet runs fine via router. Updated android orbi app to latest version 2.21.0.2590 and FW of router is on v2.7.4.24. Tried resetting router (30/30/30), erased the app, reinstalled but still doesn’t connect remotely. Any suggestions?

The second issue I had was on activating SPC ( Smart Parental Control).  Was getting error code SPC-ACT-FAIL two or three times before I get activation confirmation. Why is this error coming and looks SPC does not look to be applying rules, logging history..

Thanks

Message 1 of 12
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR50v2 – unable to connect remotely and issues with SPC

@TeddyT wrote:

I am having issue connecting remotely to RBR50v2 router from the android Orbi App. Getting error “we can’t find your orbi”.

Just to double check..... Anywhere Access has been enabled on the Android device?

When remote, the device has internet connection? (sometimes my smartphone complains about Cellular Data when I open the Orbi app).

Message 2 of 12
TeddyT
Aspirant

Yes anywhere access is enabled and internet connection is working from remote location. On app from remote it shows RBR50 being disconnected when actually it is connected

Message 3 of 12
CrimpOn
Guru

@TeddyT wrote:

Yes anywhere access is enabled and internet connection is working from remote location. On app from remote it shows RBR50 being disconnected when actually it is connected

(Trying to follow this...)  The Orbi app works remotely.  Displays information about the Orbi system.  Claims that the system is "Disconnected".  i.e. that it is not connected to the internet, when obviously it must be connected because the Orbi app has gathered information about it???

I thought the problem was "we can't find your Orbi".

I have never figured out what the Orbi router does to decide that it has an internet connection.  My guess is that some program in the Orbi firmware attempts a connection to some specific URL (maybe http://netgear.com , who knows?).  If there is no response, then the router says "No Internet", which it relays to the Orbi app. 

Sorry to be so confused. I'm not sure I know what the problem is.

Message 4 of 12
TeddyT
Aspirant

It is when I chose “connect to a different product” I see RBR50 as disconnected. Main issue is “Unable to connect to router” when trying from remote. One new error screen I'm seeing under we can't find your orbi is “ your Orbi may be in bridge mode… Turn Bridge mode off and try using the app again”. The RBR50 is configured on Router mode and I haven’t configured any bridge mode. Do you think downgrading firmware will help ?  

Message 5 of 12
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello TeddyT,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

Which Orbi app version do you have currently installed on your mobile device?

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 6 of 12
TeddyT
Aspirant

Hi Kevin
I just upgraded app to 2.21.1.2602 but remote access still not working. I also did 30/30/30 reset reinstalled app same issue.
Message 7 of 12
TeddyT
Aspirant

I wanted to add to my earlier note.. I noticed when I try to slide toggle Enable Anywhere Access to left (off position) it does not slide and I get the message “This operation is not available using Anywhere Access”

Message 8 of 12
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Teddy,

Thank you for your post!

This could be because you are currently using Anywhere Access to access your Orbi. This issue generally occurs when the user has Private IP enabled on their mobile device. Please toggle off your private IP feature on your mobile device then connect you Orbi app then toggle off Anywhere access. 

(You may need to close the app then log back in once the iOS feature has been turned off.)

To turn off the Private IP address please follow the directions listed below:

Open "Settings"
"Wi-Fi"
Select the "i" icon next to your connected network
Toggle off "Private Wi-Fi Address"

Best,
Kevin
Community Team

Message 9 of 12
TeddyT
Aspirant

Hi Kevin

I'm on Android Samsung phone and kindly let me know if you have any suggestion..
Message 10 of 12
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi TeddyT,

Thank you for your response!

Please provide the following information so I can endorse you to our support team:

Name:
Email:
Phone Number:
Device Model:
Firmware:
Serial Number:
Preferred time to be contacted:
App version:

Please provide this information as soon as possible!
I look forward to hearing from you!

Best,
Kevin
Community Team

Message 11 of 12
CrimpOn
Guru

Maybe in a private message.

Click on a user display name and a page will come up offering a way to send a private message.

Things like names, phone numbers, email address, etc. might not be suitable for posting on public forums.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7