Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR750. Just updated iPhone app to v2.20.19 and no fun. Lost login. Shows WiFi settings as NONE.

JoesOtherCat
Aspirant

RBR750. Just updated iPhone app to v2.20.19 and no fun. Lost login. Shows WiFi settings as NONE.

I hope this is in the correct forum . . .

RBR750 and RBS750 (x1). I just updated to offered iPhone Orbi app version 2.20.19. Upon next launch it had forgotten my login (not that unusual). This may get you stuck, hence my cautions:

FaceID was used before, no longer working. You MUST enter the correct password or you will never get in.

"Forgot Password" simply attempts FaceID, fails, and returns to the login screen.

Once in the app, I'm seeing it's not ready for production. One glaring item is the WiFi settings screen show my WiFi has blank settings! Ruh Roh. Fortunately it's correct logging in via the web UI.

A few other things are amiss, such as the usual "picture" of the router is missing. Some known connected devices are not listed.

I'm NOT going to try to use the app to make any changes! However, I'm now seeing issues with the web UI not letting me change things as well. I'll start another thread for that.

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
JoesOtherCat
Aspirant

Re: RBR750. Just updated iPhone app to v2.20.19 and no fun. Lost login. Shows WiFi settings as NONE.

Screenshot coming in a separate reply (from the offended device 😄 ).

FYI I have not updated the Orbi iOS app on my iPad, still version 2.20.00.223 . That version does not have the issues - WiFi settings appear fine, it had remembered my login, Etc. 

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR750. Just updated iPhone app to v2.20.19 and no fun. Lost login. Shows WiFi settings as NONE.

Latest Orbi app for iOS is v2.20.0.322.

What FW version is your 7 series using? 

Message 2 of 8
JoesOtherCat
Aspirant

Minor typo: iPhone Orbi app updated today to version 2.20.1.9. I've forced a refresh in the AppStore and no other version popped as available.

RBR750 is running firmware V4.6.9.11_2.3.5, and is not finding a newer version upon checking (in the web UI).

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, I refreshed mine as well. I see it just came in. 

So can you log in to the RBRs web page using a PC and web browser ok? 

Message 4 of 8
JoesOtherCat
Aspirant

Yes, the Orbi's web UI is available. I noticed a flaw there too though, started a thread entitled:

RBR750 firmware 4.6.9.11_2.3.5 cannot change admin password via web UI

I've emailed netgearteam@netgear.com today regarding both issues, separately.

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Would you post a screen capture of the WiFi Setting here in this thread? 

Message 6 of 8
JoesOtherCat
Aspirant

Screenshot coming in a separate reply (from the offended device 😄 ).

FYI I have not updated the Orbi iOS app on my iPad, still version 2.20.00.223 . That version does not have the issues - WiFi settings appear fine, it had remembered my login, Etc. 

Message 7 of 8
JoesOtherCat
Aspirant

Well never mind! Want to grab a screenshot of the blank WiFi settings, and today all appears normal!? I’ve changed nothing. The Orbi app on iPhone was still logged in, so did not take any action in the app and mysteriously all is normal. 

I’ll take it - but always disconcerting when programs behave like that. I sure wish I had that screenshot . . . Oh, I did save one while it was happening. 

427E0749-E24F-4B8F-9635-206881947C2A.jpeg

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7