Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR750 - OrbiApp Scanner data

VijayC
Tutor

RBR750 - OrbiApp Scanner data

The OrbiApp scanner comes with some data, and it appears we can't make any meaning out of that or change any channel settings in the web interface. See the attached file for additional information

I would think, if we are not expected make any changes in channel setting ( via web interface), it may be useful to call it out like that, to be more helpful.

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR750 - OrbiApp Scanner data

@VijayC wrote:

The OrbiApp scanner comes with some data, and it appears we can't make any meaning out of that or change any channel settings in the web interface. See the attached file for additional information

I would think, if we are not expected make any changes in channel setting ( via web interface), it may be useful to call it out like that, to be more helpful.

The original Orbi web interface allows the user to set the 2.4G WiFi channel (1 to 11 in NA, 1 to 13 in the rest of the world) and the 5G WiFi channel 36 through 48 in NA.

• Not having an AX Orbi, I have no idea if the web interface omits those choices for the AX product.
  • If the question is posted in the AX community forum, someone may be able to comment on that:
    https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax 
  • This is an example of why I find the Orbi "app" so frustrating. It is as if a team went off with great intentions to develop a smartphone version of the Orbi web interface, got started, and then..... just quit.
  • There are numerous Orbi features that cannot be accessed or controlled by the app: IP reservations, DHCP range specification, subnet IP specification, DNS servers, DDNS, VPN, Port Forwarding, Orbi logs, saving/reloading configuration, etc. etc.
  • It is even more goofy that there are some features that can only be managed with the app, such as Armor and Parental Control.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR750 - OrbiApp Scanner data

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7