Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR750 and RBS750 firmware update. Now app doesn't work

mulrey
Follower

RBR750 and RBS750 firmware update. Now app doesn't work

I just updated the firmware on my Orbi wifi 6 system via the Iphone app.  After it updated, the app now says it cannot find Orbi.  I have the RBR750 and two RBS750 satellites.  Not sure the firmware version.  Assume it is the newest.  I just updated May 6, 2022.

The Orbi is working and is connected to the internet.  Not sure if the satellites are working or not.  I can't tell because the app isn't working.

Message 1 of 14
plemans
Guru

Re: RBR750 and RBS750 firmware update. Now app doesn't work

are you able to log in through the browser to access it? 

Are you on iOS? if so, disable icloud relay and random mac/ip address on it and reboot your phone

Message 2 of 14
kgs1951
Initiate

The technical support team just advised me that the latest firmware has caused an issue with logging in to your router. A fix is expected in the next couple of days.

Message 3 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 14
jay3860
Aspirant

Still can't access my Orbi Router.  Unable to access from my iPhone App or from a browser on my Windows PC.  Very frustrating.

Message 5 of 14

I’m having the same problem. Cannot access the Orbi router from the app on iPhone or iPad. I also cannot access through web browser. I am connected to the wifi that the Orbi is broadcasting though. Has Netgear put out any word on this? Are they at least saying they are aware of the problem and working on a fix?
Message 6 of 14
jkk4_1998
Apprentice

Bubble_Bobble, you really need to sit down and read through all the threads. Yes, Netgear is aware they messed up and we are all waiting for them to force thru a new firmware to fix this problem. This is a total screwup on their part. 

Some have gone ahead and done a factory reset that seems to fix this issue, but I for one am not about to do this. It can be very dedious depending on how much customization you have done to your system, unless you have a backup.

Message 7 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

FOR ALL USERS WHO CAN'T ACCESS THE RBRS WEB PAGE USING A WEB BROWSER:

Factory reset the RBR and setup from scratch using a wired PC and web browser. Is working for users:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBR750-RBS750-Firmware-Version-4...

Message 8 of 14

Jkk4,

Thanks for the reply. I’ve read through quite a few threads but haven’t had time to get through them all yet. I guess no ETA stated yet, huh?
Message 9 of 14

Coming up on a month since I first encountered this problem. I’m still not able to access the router from the app or web. No response from netgear on when I can expect a patch… smh.
Message 10 of 14
plemans
Guru

Message 11 of 14

Thanks plemans. Took me an hour the other day to find this post. Just wish netgear was more proactive and clear in their communication about the problem..
Message 12 of 14
plemans
Guru

Problem with rolling out an update is they have to make sure it doesn't cause more problems than it fixes. So they start with small groups and rollout or increasing numbers as they ensure its stable/working. Sadly, half of the stability is watching the forums for new posts on issues with that firmware version. 

Message 13 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Use can manually load this up on the RBS first then RBR lastly. Helps resolve issues seen. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/RBK750-and-850-Series-Firmware-Versi...

Both web page and Orbi app are working for me.

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7