Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR750 unable to connect to router

antipatico
Star

RBR750 unable to connect to router

Hello and Help, my app on both my iPhone and iPad has this message “Unable to connect to router.” I,ve rebooted both the router and the Apple devices as indicated by both mfg. All on my Wi-Fi devices through out my home including the Apple devices mention are functioning as they should. It’s just  I cannot use the Orbi app, in fact it will freeze when ever I try to use one of its functions. My worst fear is loosing its security feature along with the  bitdefender software. Hopefully someone can help me resolve this issue.

Message 1 of 54

Accepted Solutions
antipatico
Star

Re: RBR750 unable to connect to router

Hello All,

If you haven't noticed, the REPAIR has been completed by Netgear. This morning (26, May) my iPhone and iPad Orbi app was able to login and started communication with my router.

Thank you Netgear, greatly appreciated.

Signing off and thank you to all that took part in this post.

Wayne

View solution in original post

Message 38 of 54

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 54
antipatico
Star

Thanks. I disabled the the private Wi-Fi function on my device; it didn’t resolve the issue.

Message 3 of 54
babybilly
Tutor

Same exact problem.  Internet is working fine but the app and login says I'm not connected to wifi.  Sounds like a Netgear problem?

Message 4 of 54
FURRYe38
Guru

What about the Limit IP Tracking and iCloud Relay? 

Can you access the RBRs web page any at 192.168.1.1 or orbilogin.com?

@antipatico wrote:

Thanks. I disabled the the private Wi-Fi function on my device; it didn’t resolve the issue.

Message 5 of 54
babybilly
Tutor

No, I cannot.

Message 6 of 54
Woodslink
Initiate

I don't see any QA job openings on GlassDoor or any other site.  I'm hoping that changes by Monday.   Whomever tested the latest firmware update should be fired.  Nobody can connect to the Orbi interface.   How did this pass any kind of testing?   

Message 7 of 54
Allen-Davis
Initiate

I have the exact same issue on my iPad mini. No 'private address' on my Wi-Fi, and no "Private Relay" on my iCloud to turn off. Did not update my iOS on iPad since last use. Tried to reboot my modem and router/satellites. None of it helped. Don't know what to do next. Internet connects fine, but cannot manage my network on the Orbi App. 

Message 8 of 54
antipatico
Star

WTFO Netgear, it appears there are lots of us who have exhausted/duplicated our troubleshooting on this identical issue. Someone needs to step up to the plate and resolve this... I don't know about anyone else but it's bad enough to continually have to insure my security is secure adding this issue to the mix just increased my stress irt security. After all one of if not the main reason I purchased this Orbi router was based on its security features; not being to connect to the router via the app I have not way to determine what's happening.

Message 9 of 54
dbnorton
Tutor

I am not even on an apple device I can't even access my router from a PC on the network.  I don't understand what is going on!!  This sucks.  I have rebooted the router multiple times.  Everything connects and works but I just can't manage my router!

Message 10 of 54
FURRYe38
Guru

Are you accessing the routers web page using HTTPS or HTTP and connecting to 192.168.1.1? Try using HTTP if your browser is changing to HTTPS. A factory reset and setup from scratch maybe needed with a wired PC and web browser using HTTP.

Message 11 of 54
dbnorton
Tutor

I have tried multiple PC's with multiple browsers on both http and https.  I have even nmap'd the router IP and only 2 ports are showing open and that is port 53 DNS and port 5000 upnp.

Message 12 of 54
Mfgusella
Initiate

Is this happening with everyone starting today? Was there a firmware update that was pushed?
Message 13 of 54
wreck99
Tutor

I am also just now having this same problem as of today 5/8/22 Mother's Day.  Was there a firmware push or something?  Every device in the house is working as it should but I cannot manage the Orbi router in the app.  I also cannot connect to it via wired PC 192.168.1.1 in browser.  In the app, it says could not connect to router.

Message 14 of 54
ecw
Guide
Guide

My Orbi login bombed out today (05/08/2022) as well.  I have an Android w/o zero updates recently.  I can't log into it via the browser on my desktop nor the app on my phone.

Did NetGear push out an update today or recently that might have caused this?  I can't log in to check to see if it was updated obviously.

E

Message 15 of 54
ecw
Guide
Guide

Ouch... Confirmed with Netgear that is was a firmware update to the latest version and the ONLY way to fix it is a 30/30/30 factory reset.
Message 16 of 54
MB_Love
Apprentice

What’s a 30/30/30 reset?
Message 17 of 54
antipatico
Star

30/30/30 reset! Both of my apps are frozen in a loop: iPhone on firmware update and iPad detecting product. This is totally irresponsible of NETGEAR. They pushed a firmware update which caused this fiasco, they certainly can push another firmware update to correct it. 

Message 18 of 54
FURRYe38
Guru

Try the 30/30/30 reset and then setup from scratch using a wired PC and web browser at HTTP and 192.168.1.1

@antipatico wrote:

30/30/30 reset! Both of my apps are frozen in a loop: iPhone on firmware update and iPad detecting product. This is totally irresponsible of NETGEAR. They pushed a firmware update which caused this fiasco, they certainly can push another firmware update to correct it. 

Message 19 of 54
FCE2007
Initiate

Bought this router for ease of use.  Thought it was a plug and play set up.  What is 30/30/30???  

I got back from vacation and was getting lower than normal speeds, open the orbi app and cannot connect.  

Is this something they will fix with a firmware update?  

Are their clear instructions somewhere showing how to update factory reset to 30-30-30 without going through the app?  

Thanks!

Message 20 of 54
wreck99
Tutor

Just factory reset my RBR750 system which has resolved the issue. In the process of installing the new wifi I was given a firmware update. All is well now.
Message 21 of 54
ecw
Guide
Guide

Just got done performing a factory reset myself.  All is good over here now even after it updated to the version that broke us over the weekend. 

For some reason, the factory reset was more painful that the original install though.  Maybe I was just pissed off going into it versus happy when I originally installed it.  🤷‍♂️

Message 22 of 54
antipatico
Star

Just out of curiosity, did you attempt a soft reset prior to the 30/30/30? I'm asking because, my understanding of a 30/30/30 reset (hard reset) will entail the same process as if I were installing a new router and it is recommended to use a new device name and login password for the main and guest logins which would make me also reconnect 40+ wifi devices. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone on the amount of devices which will have to be reconnected to the network. This is total BS and I still say NETGEAR should forward a fix from their end instead of us end users jumping through hoops just because someone from NETGEAR screwed up!

Message 23 of 54
CrimpOn
Guru

@antipatico wrote:

it is recommended to use a new device name and login password for the main and guest logins which would make me also reconnect 40+ wifi devices.

This is absolutely not correct. Every time I install a new WiFi router (or Factory Reset the current router) I always use the exact same SSID/password.  Have used it for almost 15 years.

Message 24 of 54
wreck99
Tutor

In my case soft reset did not work. As for installation yes it's like new setup. However I just set it up the same way as before and everything just auto reconnected. Even the parental controls carried over which was a nice surprise. The only annoying part for me was renaming the devices that had anonymous names and ensuring they got put under the right kid profile. All in all took me about 20 minutes to reinstall. Not terrible. I agree Netgear should provide a remote fix like they remote broke us. But if you're impatient like me to fix it yourself it's not too bad.
Message 25 of 54
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7