Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR850 We can't find your Orbi

nortakales
Tutor

RBR850 We can't find your Orbi

Today my internet connection suddenly dropped while I was working. Upon troubleshooting, I found that the Orbi app, and 192.168.1.1 from my PC, are both no longer working. The app says "We can't find your Orbi" and never connects. 192.168.1.1 from my PC gets me a ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED. Scanning 192.168.1.1 for ports shows that port 53 (used for DNS) is up, but not 80 or 443 (used to serve the web UI). My internet connection is still working, but I have absolutely no way to access the router UI to change any settings now. I am not sure if this coincided with a firmware update or not because I have no way to check what firmware the router is on. And yes, I disabled "Private Wi-Fi Address", "Limit IP Address Tracking" and "Private Relay" on my iPhone. Disabling those settings has not helped at all. I've power cycled the router a few times too, that hasn't helped either. Now I've reinstalled the Orbi app. When it gets to "Detecting Product" I get "WiFi Not Detected" even though I am connected to the Orbi's wifi. Going through "Connect via Anywhere Access" is fruitless as well. It shows my Orbi with the model and serial numbers (I assume this is stored in my NetGear account), but shows that the Orbi is disconnected. I also have no access to orbilogin.com, I get the same ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED as when I go to 192.168.1.1. What is going on here???

Message 1 of 654

Accepted Solutions
ChristineT
Admin

**Updated 5/25/2022 at 12:00 PM Pacific Time

Hello Orbi Family! 

Thank you all so very much for sharing your experience with us! As previously mentioned, based on the feedback we received after deploying the first patch to a select group of customers, we learned that we had an opportunity to improve the next interaction of the patch. I am happy to say we have tested this patch internally and start to roll it out to those of you who have already submitted your serial numbers. This group includes those that were in the first round so that your Device List and Armor services will be restored without any intervention on your side.

Update: If you've private messaged me and have not received a response, I promise I'm not ignoring you! 😉 As you can imagine, I have received quite a lot of messages. To ensure the patch is pushed out to as many of you as possible, I am focusing on grabbing the information and getting it in the hands that need it to push the update. 

Update: We have begun to roll out this patch in a phased approach. Several of you should have received the patch overnight. You can check to see if you're system received the patch by going to http://orbilogin.net/debug.htm  and confirming the SeAL value shows -2. If you are unable to access this page it means the router has not received the patch. If you've submitted your serial number to me on or before 6 PM last night 5/24/2022, please restart your system by unplugging it and plugging it back in and wait approximately 5 minutes after the router is fully restarted and check again. We have heard a second restart has proven more successful if the router was affected by this issue.

For more information please visit: NETGEAR is rolling out a fix for an issue affecting the Orbi RBK85x and RBK75x Series Mesh Systems. 

Please note: the satellites do not need to be updated at this time and may show on a different firmware version. This is expected.

Please continue to add the results of your experience with this issue so we can look into this further if needed. If this is a new issue after being able to access the router settings please create a new topic for better visibility. Thank you!

Best Regards to All,

Christine

View solution in original post

Message 301 of 654

All Replies
Jeffmadness
Aspirant

I am in same exact situation.
Message 2 of 654
zoggins
Aspirant

I am in the same situation. Connect refused when going 192.168.1.1 and the Orbi app cannot find the router.

Message 3 of 654
daffinito
Guide

The same thing has happened to me today. My internet connection was being unreliable, so I went to troubleshoot by logging into the orbi using the app on my Samsung S20, but it keeps saying 'We can't find your Orbi', 'Issues connecting', 'WiFi Not Detected', etc.

I tried the Anywhere Access feature but that also was unable to connect. I thought maybe if I remove the orbi from the app and re-add it, maybe that would help, but it made it worse. It let me remove it but I can't get it to re-add or detect the Orbi.

So I switched to my PC which is wired and tried:

- https://www.netgear.com/home/services/orbilogin/ - This says 'Looks like you’re not connected to your Orbi’s WiFi network'
- http://192.168.1.1/ and https://192.168.1.1/ - These say '192.168.1.1 refused to connect.'

I also tried from my mac laptop both wired and wireless and got the same responses.

So I ran nmap and the only ports open are 53 and 5000:

PORT STATE SERVICE
53/tcp open domain
5000/tcp open upnp

I fully power cycled the Orbi base and satellite, and my modem (Arris SB8200), which fixed my internet issues but I still can't connect to the Orbi.

Was there a firmware update recently? I personally didn't apply anything but maybe it was auto applied?

On my end, I've made no changes since getting the Orbi.

Message 4 of 654
imgaryshap
Guide

same problem as all above.  happens quite often.

Message 5 of 654
daffinito
Guide

Looks like there was a recent firmware update https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBR850-RBS850-Firmware-Version-4...

As painful as it is... I'm going to try a factory reset and see if that fixes it. I'll report back here.

Message 6 of 654
Welki
Tutor

I am in the same situation. Let us know how the factory reset works out
Message 7 of 654
Pf14nj
Initiate

Same situation -
Let me know if the reset works
Message 8 of 654
imgaryshap
Guide

I did a factory reset.  That got orbilogin.com to work again, but not the app.  I downloaded the orbi app on another device (my iPad) and was able to log in.  Once I did that, it began to work on my iPhone again.  I have no idea why.  

Message 9 of 654
Johnhlocke
Initiate

just happened to me as well, I’m connected to the internet, but can’t access orbi via app or web interface

Message 10 of 654
MB_Love
Apprentice

Exactly the same situation. WiFi works, but have zero access to router.
Message 11 of 654
Welki
Tutor

Factory reset also got me into orbilogin.net
Message 12 of 654
nortakales
Tutor

For those who did the factory reset, did it also get the app working again? And 192.168.1.1?

I'm going to try the factory reset tonight and will report back.

Message 13 of 654
asafhas
Initiate

Same here. Web interface is not working today. Did several reboots without any luck.

Factory reset is unacceptable - I have many configurations in the router which I can't lose. 

I can access the satellites web interface successfully and they show latest firmware is installed: V4.6.8.2

Message 14 of 654
Welki
Tutor

Yes, for me the app and IP access are back online after factory reset.
Message 15 of 654
xianas
Initiate

I had the same problem on my iPhone after the app prompted me that there was a firmware update. Installing the Orbi app on my iPad, logging into the router from the iPad app, and then returning to my iPhone resolved the problem

Message 16 of 654
scottymoon
Aspirant

Re: RBR850 "Unable to connect to router" message

I am having a similar problem. The issue began after I re-powered on all of my networking gear.

All wifi devices are connecting to the router and have internet access.

However, the Orbi phone app says "unable to connect to router".

Also, accessing the webportal through 192.168.1.1 gives me "refused to connect" error message.

Orbilogin.com also fails: it's the same "refused to connect" chrome browser error message.

In both cases, I am not able to even get to the actual login screen to enter any credentials.

I can ping the router successfully.

I have a RBR750 with 3 satellites.

Firmware 4.6.5.14

Spectrum ISP

Modem connection is good from ISP. Ethernet from modem to router.

It seems like this happened after the re-powering. Yesterday I had a regular Netgear Armor alert and I opened the app to read it just fine. So it was working as recent as yesterday.

I repowered everything in sequence: Modem, Router, Sat 1, Sat 2, Sat 3. 

All devices in the house seem to have connected just fine. I have a PC connected to a satellite via ethernet and the PC has internet access. So I am assuming the satellites are connected to the router. No LED indication of issues with the sats or the router.

The network was powered off because of some electrical work in the house, so i unplugged everything prior to the power going off. Then plugged all back in after the power was restored.

Hoping a factory reset is not necessary.

Any thoughts on what is happening?

Message 17 of 654
jmeeksiii
Initiate

I kguesI guess I spent all morning and afternoon trying to install, reinstall this app for nothing.  Therese an oibvious system issue happening here with the app and the website as I can't get either to work.  

Message 18 of 654
jmeeksiii
Initiate

Hi, Is the factory reset done on the router itself?

Message 19 of 654
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes. Press the reset button for 15 seconds then release. 

@jmeeksiii wrote:

Hi, Is the factory reset done on the router itself?

Message 20 of 654
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR850 "Unable to connect to router" message

Review this:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-p/222...

@scottymoon wrote:

I am having a similar problem. The issue began after I re-powered on all of my networking gear.

All wifi devices are connecting to the router and have internet access.

However, the Orbi phone app says "unable to connect to router".

Also, accessing the webportal through 192.168.1.1 gives me "refused to connect" error message.

Orbilogin.com also fails: it's the same "refused to connect" chrome browser error message.

In both cases, I am not able to even get to the actual login screen to enter any credentials.

I can ping the router successfully.

I have a RBR750 with 3 satellites.

Firmware 4.6.5.14

Spectrum ISP

Modem connection is good from ISP. Ethernet from modem to router.

It seems like this happened after the re-powering. Yesterday I had a regular Netgear Armor alert and I opened the app to read it just fine. So it was working as recent as yesterday.

I repowered everything in sequence: Modem, Router, Sat 1, Sat 2, Sat 3. 

All devices in the house seem to have connected just fine. I have a PC connected to a satellite via ethernet and the PC has internet access. So I am assuming the satellites are connected to the router. No LED indication of issues with the sats or the router.

The network was powered off because of some electrical work in the house, so i unplugged everything prior to the power going off. Then plugged all back in after the power was restored.

Hoping a factory reset is not necessary.

Any thoughts on what is happening?

Message 21 of 654
imgaryshap
Guide

Hold for one minute.  not 15 seconds.  that was the customer support time frame.  i have the 850.    took about that long to see the blinking amber lights.

Message 22 of 654
Marcofss
Initiate

It doesnt work. I have the same problem… install orbi app in my ipad and the problem Continues. Wifi dont detected in the orbi app but the network works fine.
Message 23 of 654
Tgposner
Initiate

Read Through this thread and tried a couple things mentioned. Even a new app download in my iPad, but no luck. Ended up doing factory reset. Very inconvenient but it finally let me get back in. Number can seem to complete a check of firmware though. Even before this issue. It just tells me there’s an issue.
Message 24 of 654
jono-a
Star

Exact same issue. Was hoping to avoid a factory reset but guess I’m going to have to do it. Additionally, at the same time my starling home hub and hue bridge became unreachable. Sigh. Beyond frustrating that a firmware update lead to this.
Message 25 of 654
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7