Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR850 We can't find your Orbi

Jroach
Luminary

For those who's Orbi's are under warranty, can they be returned for a new Orbi?  If you have to do a factory reset and lose your config and if it still doesn't work then it seems simpler to just get a new one.

Message 51 of 654
aspier
Star

So I should just throw out my RBR 750 and buy a new one?  Are you serious??????????????

Message 52 of 654
jono-a
Star

No because shortly after you do it will download the latest firmware and have the same issue haha. Just factory reset it.
Message 53 of 654
Jroach
Luminary

I was suggesting that if it is under warranty then ask for a free one.  Wouldn't places like Best Buy take them back if you are within the return period since the manufacturer broke it?"

Message 54 of 654
Jroach
Luminary

jono-a, good point.  Is there a way to disable updates on a new setup?  

Message 55 of 654
aspier
Star

I have wifi off on my FIOS router/modem but still have wifi

Message 56 of 654
Coffeecup
Star

Hi, I'm having the same issue on this thread.  I've decided to do factory reset. Question, do I disconnect all the cords except the power cord to the Orbi before hitting the reset button? Thanks

Message 57 of 654
Vinmega
Tutor

Same thing is happening to me with the rbr850.
App will not connect but wifi is fine.
Message 58 of 654
imabot
Tutor

Same problem here. Not sure when it started but found this thread when I couldn't access my orbi 750 thru app or PC. Bookmarking it now for solution. 

Message 59 of 654
CrazyEddie
Apprentice

Any update from NG? This is pretty frustrating.

"Please reinstall Windows 95"

Message 60 of 654
nortakales
Tutor

For those who did the factory reset, how did you get it to work again? When I do the factory reset, the LED on the front of the router stays solid white seemingly forever (solid white indicates that the router is restoring the default settings). When trying to set up the router again in the app, the app STILL cannot find the router, even though I am connected directly to it on the default SSID of ORBI18. What am I missing?

Message 61 of 654
nortakales
Tutor

I can't seem to edit my previous comment. I figured out how to get the factory reset to work. You need to have your phone forget your network(s) first. By network(s) I mean both the SSID that you want to use (presumably you will set up the same SSID again after factory reset) and the default SSID of your router (your phone probably still remembers that network from when you set up the router the first time). Forget BOTH of those, then go through the factory reset process. If you don't forget those networks, your phone will fail to connect to them during the setup process in the app.

Message 62 of 654
JulieSD
Aspirant

Try this which I found on Reddit: press the factory reset button for seven seconds. Continue pressing the factory reset button while you unplug the device for seven seconds. Continue pressing the factory reset button for seven more seconds as you plug the device back in. It isn’t easy to do, but it’s the only way we got one of our satellites to begin working again after the factory reset to correct the above problem.
Message 63 of 654
imabot
Tutor

I'm still holing out on not factory resettting hoping for a solution pushed thru soon. But I'm realized in the last few days my ping has becoming noticeably worse when I game, becoming extremely laggy at times, I have a feeling the problems are related.

Message 64 of 654
aspier
Star

I am also holding out to reset. I reset my Insteon 2 weeks ago and couldn't get back in. Hoping Netgear fixes ASAP
Message 65 of 654
csm2000
Tutor

After reading through this thread, I think I’m gonna wait a few more days before doing a Factory Reset.  I feel a little better knowing I’m not alone in this NG mess and am hopeful NG will get this figured out and corrected ASAP.  Just wish they’d make an official statement proving they’re feverishly working on the problem!

Message 66 of 654
Julian85
Initiate

I did a hard reset on mine and it did not fix the issue.then when you calm for assistance they try to make you pay
Message 67 of 654
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you set the RBR using a wired PC and web browser or the Orbi app. Don't use the Orbi app. Use a wired PC and web browser after you reset the RBR. 

@Julian85 wrote:
I did a hard reset on mine and it did not fix the issue.then when you calm for assistance they try to make you pay

Message 68 of 654
CrazyEddie
Apprentice

Do you literally mean a PC, or will an Apple product work? I will not be able to follow those suggestions if it is the former, and I too tend to want to wait for a real fix since I'm not confident (yet) that the RBR will work (at least for me). 

Message 69 of 654
Coffeecup
Star

I did the factory reset after crossing my fingers. Like everyone else, my WiFi was not affected.

Its just that my iPad/iPhone with the Orbi app wouldn't/didn't recognize my RBR850. I couldn't access the web base interface?... but I haven't tried now. Bottom line everything is working...iPhone Orbi app recognizes my RBR850.

Message 70 of 654
_Mike
Guide

Same issue here.  I REALLY don't want to factory reset my router because I have configured dozens of static internal IPs.

I saw tons of similar complaints in the app reviews in the Apple App Store.  Netgear is actually responding to those, but only giving generic troubleshooting steps that have nothing to do with this issue.

Message 71 of 654
ptscarbo
Tutor

Adding a BIG, FRUSTRATING Ditto to this. WTH Netgear? Surely you cannot expect us to factory reset to fix this. We all would like to know what you are thinking to address this.
Message 72 of 654
jono-a
Star

Honestly, their lack of simply addressing this issue publicly and their attempts at making you pay for support to fix an issue that they caused has made me firmly decide to never purchase a Netgear product again. I did the factory reset shortly after this issue appeared but the next time there’s a problem I’m moving on and never looking back. Truly shocking customer service and professionalism.
Message 73 of 654
FURRYe38
Guru

A factory reset will be needed and setup from scratch with the RBR and web browser at HTTP and 192.168.1.1. Once the orbi is setup again, for users with apple devices, be sure to disable these features and see if you can access the RBR after it's setup again. https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-p/222...

I have the Apple features disabled on my iphone and can access the RBRs web page fine:

IMG_0992.PNG

Message 74 of 654
pauloffduty
Initiate

Same issue for me (with countless others reporting it on my Reddit post). It’s game over for me and Orbi - this is the last straw for me. It’s a shame, because when it works, it works great. When it doesn’t however, it is one of the most frustrating pieces of hardware around.
Message 75 of 654
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7