Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR850 We can't find your Orbi

ChristineT
Admin

Hello @_Mike

Let me bring this back to our engineers and find out. I believe we still working out the exact steps to resolve this issue.

@Jroach - I sent you a private message. 

Kind Regards,

Christine

Message 101 of 654
imabot
Tutor

It's nice to hear directly from NG that they're aware and working on a solution, hopefully it won't take too long. I'd like to give NG the benefit of the doubt but I also can't reason how such a huge bug wasn't caught during the testing phase, let alone got forced pushed on all users. Like in testing, what's the FIRST step you do after installing a new firmware? It has to be logging in the admin page, right? How can the failing of connecting to the admin page not discovered in testing? ..... This is plain sad.....

Message 102 of 654

Yes, and the canned solutions are really quite a slap in the face.  One goes, "in order to restore access to the http interface".., then goes on to explain how to do a factory reinstall.  Like c'mon, really?  That's just rude.

I think like someone else mentioned that this last FUBAR has also clobbered their remote access and that we will all eventually have to clean-slate install anyway.  I am just curious as to how long it is before NG admits this, or if they will indefinitely play games and take us all for morons..

Message 103 of 654
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 104 of 654

Good answer, this says a lot.  Guess it's time to do the factory reset and reprogram everything.

Message 105 of 654
jkk4_1998
Apprentice

Not really. Easier said than done. I would wait. System is working fine. Let NG take the hit and not you.

Message 106 of 654

I went ahead and did it and am back online.  It will suck figuring out all the devices and getting my custom names back as well as setting up parental controls, but I am doubtful NG will have a fix that doesn't involve clean-slating anyway.  I do hope that I am wrong about that.

Message 107 of 654
Jroach
Luminary

I too am waiting. I want to see how it’s fixed and then react. I thinks it’s an interesting case study.
Message 108 of 654
nkd
Apprentice
Apprentice

UNREAL!!!! How do you break this common!!! Yes internet works but today I tried to access my NAS server via web and cant do it. Tried to pull up 192.168.1.1 couldn't do it. Logged in to app it wont connect via wifi only anywhere. Even through that it will fail to check firmware updates. way to go netgear. Lets brake something working perfectly well and have users reset the whole router. 

I really sold myself again on ORBI and this reminds me of early days. LMAO. Seriously how do you brake something working perfectly this bad. I was I am just glad my wifi is working. I thought it was my system but now I find out they just bricked access to it lmao. I don't think we should be doing this kinda case study. 

Message 109 of 654
Drew7203
Guide

Does Netgear read these. The rep I just talked said he dosnt know of any issues. 

Message 110 of 654
Drew7203
Guide

Any time table on a fix?

Message 111 of 654
nkd
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yea Crazy I thought this was new. Given its been over a week I am amazed there is no fix. 

Message 112 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello Orbi Community,

We have been working around the clock to provide a fix that does NOT require a factory reset. We have developed and confirmed the success of a fix on several internal units that were in this same state. 

@Jroach  - Would you be willing to send me your serial number so we can push the fix to your system? 

Anyone else that would like the fix pushed to your system, please private message me with your serial numbers.

I'll provide an update once the fix has been pushed to the group. 

Best,

Christine 

Message 113 of 654
Daveu
Star

Awesome. Hope you have it fixed soon then
Message 114 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

@Daveu ,

If you'd like to private message me with your serial number I can ensure you get the fix as soon as possible. 😊

Best,

Christine

Message 115 of 654
Daveu
Star

Ok sent
Message 116 of 654
CrazyEddie
Apprentice

S/N of RBR or also RBS?
Message 117 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @CrazyEddie ,

The serial number of the RBR (Router) will suffice. 

Best,

Christine

Message 118 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello Orbi Community,

Thank you to those of you who have provided serial numbers. We have pushed the fix to your systems and ask that you reboot your system at your earliest convenience. Please note, that your system may take several minutes to fully boot up. Once rebooted, please let me know if the issue is now resolved and can now access your router via the Orbi app and web user interface.

Warm Regards,

Christine

Message 119 of 654
Daveu
Star

Success. It’s working.
Message 120 of 654
Daveu
Star

I’m able to log in but this is what my device list looks like

Message 121 of 654
Drew7203
Guide

Can I please message you my serial number?
Message 122 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Thanks @Daveu ,

This is noted. Let me bring this back to the team.

Best,

Christine

Message 123 of 654
Jerry401
Star

Rebooted.  Can access Orbi via web browser on a wired computer, and on the Orbi App on iphone

All looks good except it seems that my device names are no longer showing up.

Jerry

Message 124 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

@Drew7203 ,

Yes, please message me with your serial number. 

Best,

Christine

Message 125 of 654
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7