Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR850 We can't find your Orbi

ChristineT
Admin

Hello @Jerry401 and @Daveu ,

I have shared this information with engineering and they will investigate this issue further but have not been able to replicate it at this time. Please monitor your connected device names over the next hour or so and let us know if the issue resolves itself.

Kind Regards,

Christine

Message 126 of 654
Drew7203
Guide

Thank you… sent
Message 127 of 654
VVjjJJ
Star

Just got home and rebooted the router and restarted my iPhone and Orbi app but seeing the same issue. WiFi works and satellite devices are accessible but the main router says it can’t be found (even though it’s clearly working).
Message 128 of 654
Jroach
Luminary

Christine, thanks for the offer but I will wait until the generally available release is pushed out.

Again, thanks for considering me for the early release.

Message 129 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello again,

We have heard of some cases where the issue persists. We have seen this happen internally and after several minutes the issue clears on its own. Can you please share if you can access orbilogin.net/debug.htm and note whether or not the Seal value is v2.1.5.37-1 and firmware v4.6.8.2?

Thank you,

Christine

Message 130 of 654
Jerry401
Star

I can manually edit names & device icons in web browser or Orbi App.  But old names are gone.  (Not a huge deal i can add them as necessary.)

Firmware Version: V4.6.8.2_2.1.9

dumaos: v3.0.410

seal: v2.1.5.37-1

seal_services: v2.1.5.12-0

armor-bd: v2.2.100.3

spc-circle: v3.25.0.2

Message 131 of 654
VVjjJJ
Star

Unfortunately I don’t remember my login info since I never access my router settings through a browser. I tried the generic “admin” and “password” entries but it didn’t work. Eventually it asked if I wanted to reset my password and provide my serial number but I’m nervous with this issue ongoing it’ll completely lock me out once I try to setup a new password. Let me know what you recommend.
Message 132 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

For the few customers that are still experiencing an issue can you please confirm if you're using an iOS Apple device to access the app? If so, please follow the steps below and provide your feedback:

a. open the Settings app.

b. Select Apple ID > iCloud > Private Relay.

c. Disable Private Relay.

Thanks,

Christine

Message 133 of 654
VVjjJJ
Star

After turning off Private Relay, that allowed me to see the router in the app. Same issue occurred like others where the device list all showed N/A.

However, turning Private Relay back on brings me back to the original issue where it says it can’t connect to the Orbi device. I’m fine turning it off briefly to troubleshoot this issue but won’t turn it off permanently for this. Hopefully your fix will address this. Thank you!
Message 134 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello All,

We have heard that a second reboot resolves the device list issue. 

@Daveu and @Jerry401  - Can you please try a second reboot and let me know?

Cheers,

Christine

Message 135 of 654
Jerry401
Star

Yep, 2nd reboot brought back the device list!

Message 136 of 654
Jerry401
Star

At this point, everything looks good... 
I can connect via ios or web browser, the device list is back.  And it's a beautiful summer night in downtown Chicago.

Thanks, Christine!

Jerry

Message 137 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

@Jerry401 ,

That's great! Love hearing about your beautiful summer night in downtown Chicago. There's a full moon here in California that is staring at me! It's gorgeous! 

@VVjjJJ  - Our engineers would like to ask a small favor of you if you wouldn't mind...  Can you log into the Orbi app and connect to your router via access anywhere and then re-enble the Private Relay and let me know if you are still connected?

Thank you so very much!

Christine

Message 138 of 654
Daveu
Star

@ChristineT second reboot brought back devices. Thank you!
Message 139 of 654
Drew7203
Guide

Thank you for all your help. The reboot did the trick!!
Message 140 of 654
Jerry401
Star

I turned on Private Relay and then I could NOT connect to Orbi.

But then I turned OFF "Private Wi-Fi Address" and "Limit IP Address Tracking" from the Wifi connection and I was able to connect to Orbi.

I then turned ON "Private Wi-Wi Address" and was still able to connect to Orbi.

I then turned ON "Limit IP Address Tracking" and I could NOT connect to Orbi.

I then turned OFF Private Relay and was again able to connect to Orbi.

Message 141 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @Jerry401 ,

I'm sorry for the redirect... Can you please confirm if you were connected to the router via "Access Anywhere" when you performed this test?

Thank you,

Christine

Message 142 of 654
Jerry401
Star

My phone was connected via WiFi locally.  "Anywhere Access" is enabled on my router.  But I cannot connect from "outside" i.e. using a cellular connection.  Don't think I ever have been able to.  Perhaps a firewall setting in my cable modem.

Message 143 of 654
VVjjJJ
Star

Is Access Anywhere through a web browser? If so I can’t remember my username and password going through that route. It eventually asks if I’d like to reset my password and to provide it my serial # to do so. With this issue ongoing I’m nervous it’ll lock me out if I do that. Do you think it’s safe to reset it?

If access anywhere is just through the iPhone app then disabling private relay does put things back to normal in the app. Turning private relay back on will break it again.
Message 144 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @VVjjJJ ,

Yes, it should be safe to reset your password. I just tested this and was able to reset my password without any issues. Access Anywhere would be an option from within the Orbi App. This article should help with step by step instructions:

How do I enable or disable Anywhere Access on my NETGEAR or Orbi router? 

Best,

Christine

Message 145 of 654
VVjjJJ
Star

Gotcha! So it was already enabled so I went to iPhone settings, disabled private relay, went to Orbi app and disabled anywhere access. Then I re enabled Anywhere Access and it asked me to log in so I logged back in. Checked settings to confirm anywhere access is enabled. Up until this point the app reconnected to the Orbi just fine. Then I went to my iPhone settings and re enabled private relay. Upon returning to the Orbi app it tried to reconnect to the Orbi and gave me the same error from earlier.
Message 146 of 654
Jerry401
Star

I have Anywhere Access enabled in my router.  But when I try to connect without being on the router's network, I get the can't connect error.  And I see no option anywhere on the Orbi app to "tap CONNECT VIA ANYWHERE ACCESS"

Message 147 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @Jerry401 ,

Thanks for hanging in there with me!

1. From the main Orbi app screen tap on the cloud with a circle around it in the upper left hand corner
  2. Then tab on the router name where it shows you a >
  3. You should see two entries one for local connection and one for Access Anywhere.

Does this help?

Best,

Christine

Message 148 of 654
Jerry401
Star

@ChristineT 

Here's how my app looks on both iphone and ipad.  

unnamed (1).jpg

Message 149 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

@Jerry401 ,

That helps! Tap the RBR850 where you see the red dot! That should take you where you need to be. 

ChristineT_0-1652588599017.png

Best,

Christine

Message 150 of 654
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7