Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR850 We can't find your Orbi

Jerry401
Star

@ChristineT 

That just brings up a blank "Your Products" page.

Message 151 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

@Jerry401 ,

Let me take this back to my engineering team for further investigation. 

I'll be back in touch as soon as I have an update for you.

Best,

Christine

Message 152 of 654
Jerry401
Star

OK.  Calling it a night.   From my standpoint, everything is fine.  Except access from "outside" which I don't really need and haven't ever used.  But I'm happy to test more for you.

Message 153 of 654
Jerry401
Star

@ChristineT 

OK... In order to get "anywhere access" to work, I had to toggle it OFF then ON again while connected to Orbi.

THEN I could go to my iphone (with Wi-Fi off) and connect to the orbi via anywhere access.  Then I saw the cloud with circle you described.

And I could connect with Private Relay ON OR OFF.

Message 154 of 654
VVjjJJ
Star

I rebooted my router again. This time the device lists shows all the device names. I followed Jerry’s process of enabling Anywhere Access and Private Relay. I turned off private relay, went to the Orbi app and turned off Anywhere Access. Then I closed the Orbi app and reopened it. When I try to re enable Anywhere Access I get the attached error
Message 155 of 654
VVjjJJ
Star

Oh gosh now when I access my Device Manager list I get the attached error. Luckily the internet works but these errors are worrisome. Let me know what else I can do.
Message 156 of 654

Christine - I applaud you for seemingly singlehandedly trying to fix this colossal screw up by your company. But these serial number one off push fixes I don’t think are going to scale to The Who-knows-how-many netgear customers that were impacted. The fix also feels a bit like a hack vs a prod ready solution to patch.
Is there an ETA for when Netgear will announce a GA fix for consumption?
Message 157 of 654
_Mike
Guide

@annoyedNGcust Trust me, I was INCREDIBLY annoyed by this issue and NG initial lack of communication.  But It is clear that they are truly making an effort to resolve this issue now.  The one-off fixes in this thread are not hacks; these are beta tests as NG works through the fixing issue.  I think we should all sit back and be patient until a permanent fix is created and deployed.

Message 158 of 654
CGND
Initiate

Hi Christine - can you help me? I’m having same issue
Message 159 of 654
Mikeymangood
Aspirant

@ChristineT, please push the fix to mine, too. Just DM’d you. Thank you.
Message 160 of 654
Abington
Aspirant

The pushed fix worked for me.
Message 161 of 654
aspier
Star

@ChristineT
Not sure how to dm you with my serial number to push the fix. Thanks
Message 162 of 654
CGND
Initiate

@ChristineT - can you please help me too?
Message 163 of 654
Eisnerdc
Tutor

Please send me the push fix. The serial number of my router is: xxxxxx.

Message 164 of 654
Daveu
Star

You should probably not post your serial number here
Message 165 of 654
Eisnerdc
Tutor

Agreed! I though I was replying to just Christine. Now I can’t delete my post. #notlovingnetgear
Message 166 of 654
EricavH22
Guide

Fix that Christine pushed to my router last night worked to restore access via the app via my Android phone. Most of my connected items appear as they should on this list, with only 6 that still just show up as generic Network items that I have to track down. (I think that two are TVs, and I think the others are Fire TV sticks.)

The only remaining issue is that the app no longer recognizes that I have an active paid Armor subscription. This glitch did not clear overnight. How do I get that corrected?
Message 167 of 654
rgautier
Apprentice

I DM'd for the fix - any idea how long (being that it's Sunday) I'll have to wait for it?

Message 168 of 654
aspier
Star

Real stupid question how do I do hen?
Message 169 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello All,

I am submitting the next batch of serial numbers and will attempt to get an ETA on when the fix will be deployed. Please stay tuned... 

@EricavH22 ,

Glad to hear your system is back up and running! I'll let our engineers know about the Armor issue asap and let you know once I have an update for you.

Best,

Christine

Message 170 of 654
jpdemas
Guide

I did a factory reset and was able to use the web interface, but the app still does not find the device.

My serial number is:  68xxxxxx

Let me know if you need more info.

Message 171 of 654
MB_Love
Apprentice

The fix works!!
Message 172 of 654
VVjjJJ
Star

Hey Christine,

Sent you a PM and have a couple previous posts with images. This fix introduced bugs where I can’t see my devices or connect to Anywhere Access anymore. Can you look at my posts and errors and let me know how to proceed?
Message 173 of 654
Jerry401
Star

@VVjjJJ 

Not sure if this would help you but here's what I did to restore access anywhere after the "fix".

While connected to your WiFi, in the Orbi settings, turn OFF "enable anywhere access".  After you're sure it's OFF, turn it back ON again.

Then try connecting from outside your LAN.  Mine worked.

My devices all came back after the 2nd reboot following the fix push.

So at this point, I'm good.  Thanks to Christine et al.

Jerry

Message 174 of 654
VVjjJJ
Star

I did all that before per your last post on it and now I’m completely locked out from Anywhere Access and Device Manager. I get an error when I try to turn Anywhere Access back on and an error with an error code when I try to go to my Device Manager. I can only attach one photo but my previous posts have both errors attached. I wish Christine would respond.
Message 175 of 654
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7