Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR850 "Unable to connect to router" message

rjward
Tutor

Re: RBR850 We can't find your Orbi

Based on this experience, is Netgear considering the possibility of allowing Orbi owners to disable auto-updates?

Thank you

Message 226 of 654
kevchua
Aspirant

I have the same problem with my RBR850.  A factory reset is not feasible.  If reset is the only option, I might as well get a completely different system and start from scratch.

Message 227 of 654
FURRYe38
Guru

Reset will get your more immediate access and control back. If not, then contact NG support:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/Orbi-Web-Page-and-Orbi-app-Access-Status/td-p/2223085/jump...

One should have a config file saved. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

@kevchua wrote:

I have the same problem with my RBR850.  A factory reset is not feasible.  If reset is the only option, I might as well get a completely different system and start from scratch.

Message 228 of 654
DDT1960
Aspirant

I have the same set up as you.  My PC and mobile devices all connect to Orbi wifi and the internet but get same messages as others reported here and can't get to admin site. Additionally, I don't see the 2nd satellite from my apps.  Since everything is 'working', I don't want to do a factory reset but will if that fixes everything.  Have there been any updates in the last week?  I'm out of the warranty and support period so I hope that Netgear isn't just messing with those without paid support. 

Message 229 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @DDT1960 ,

We are slowly rolling out a fix that has received a lot of positive feedback that it resolves this issue. Please send me your Orbi model and serial number and I'll submit a request for your system to get the update in this next deployment.

Best,

Christine

Message 230 of 654
DDT1960
Aspirant

Christine, 

thanks for the quick response.  I have the RBR750 with 2 satellites.  

My serial number is xxxxxx

Since everything is 'working', I'll wait for the fix before resetting anything. 

Thanks again. 

Message 231 of 654
nshah7
Tutor

Hi @ChristineT - 

I sent over my serial number via private message the other day but have not received the fix yet. Can you please assist?

Thanks,

N

Message 232 of 654
DASChicago
Guide

Hello

Just discovered that I have this issue...and found this forum where others are experiencing the problem as well.  Has a fix been identified and if so, can someone point me to it?   There are 10 pages of comments and replies and I would prefer not to have to read through them all to figure it out.

thanks!  

Message 233 of 654
aabilgrami
Aspirant

Hi Christine, would appreciate a push to mine. Sent you a message as well
Message 234 of 654
sierrasmike
Initiate

I believe we are still waiting for the final fix. Individuals can ask for a beta push if you like

Message 235 of 654
pbojja
Tutor

Hello @ChristineT - do you have an ETA to share with us when the FW fix will get pushed to Orbi RBR750 mesh wifi systems? Could you please push it to my router when you get a chance -

Serial # xxxxx

Message 236 of 654
jkk4_1998
Apprentice

Never send your S/N publicly. You’re just asking for trouble. Send as PM only!

Message 237 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Thank you for the private messages. I have received confirmation that the fix has been deployed to the people who have messaged me between last night and now with the exception of @DrChuck and @pbojja which is still pending.

Things we've learned: 

• It can take up to approximately 5 minutes after it's fully booted up to be ready for testing.
  • If your app was previously open be sure to force quit the app to clear the cache
  • Connected Device Names may show "NA". A second reboot seems to resolve this issue (waiting for a bit may also allow the list to recover on it's own but we don't have any confirmation of this)
  • If you have an active Armor or Smart Parental Controls subscription you'll need to reactivate them via the app.
  • There is a separate (unknown if it's related) issue that appears to have similar symptoms when attempting to connect locally to the router. Connecting to the router via Access Anywhere should still work. A known work-around is to open the Settings app > Select Apple ID > iCloud > Private Relay and toggle it off. (We are aware of this issue and still investigating)

Please let me know the results of your testing.

Kind Regards,

Christine

Message 238 of 654
Lino65
Aspirant

Anywhere connect does not with my router RBR750
Message 239 of 654
VVjjJJ
Star

Not sure if something was reset on your end or you pushed another update to my Orbi but Device Manager and Anywhere Access work again without any errors. I can also turn private relay back on too so everything is back to normal. Thanks!
Message 240 of 654
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

@VVjjJJ wrote:
Not sure if something was reset on your end or you pushed another update to my Orbi but Device Manager and Anywhere Access work again without any errors. I can also turn private relay back on too so everything is back to normal. Thanks!

Message 241 of 654
Jroach
Luminary

If it is marked as solved, will we still get an email/update when the fix is final?

Message 242 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @Jroach ,

Yes, I will post an update and mark the new update as the solution. 😉

Best,

Christine

Message 243 of 654
Jroach
Luminary

Thanks Christine...  I was concerned that if it were marked solved (per Furry's post) that we wouldn't get further notifications.

Message 244 of 654
CrazyEddie
Apprentice

@ChristineT - thank you for your continued work on this issue.

FWIW

• I am now able to access the RBR from my Orbi app and I never rebooted my RBR or the two satellites. I have a bunch of devices listed, but they are all currently showing as "N/A". I have seen the prior messages about another reboot, but I may wait to see if they reappear without further action on my part. I had never named the devices myself.
  • I am also able to access the Orbi devices through the web portal. Some of the device names are showing up, but not others. The backhaul status of one of the satellites is poor, but that seems to happen periodically. I am tempted to reboot through this interface, but I'm holding off for now.

Question - since I had to reactivate Armor, does that mean that the network was without Armor protection during this time?

Message 245 of 654
Jetsco
Tutor

@ChristineT Just sent you a PM with model and serial number for push fix.  Thank you in advance!

Message 246 of 654
Tadders
Initiate

Just DMd you my serial number @ChristineT .  Appreciate the help.

Message 247 of 654
elmerfuud
Aspirant

Hello Christine,

I believe that I'm in the last group that you referenced.  I've tried rebooting, but no change. 

thank you!

Message 248 of 654
Erogers4
Aspirant

Hi,

I just had this issue happen please email me at erogers4.

Message 249 of 654
nshah7
Tutor

Hi Christine - 

I did a reboot as well and the same issue is occurring. I had sent over my serial number Sunday afternoon. Would you like me to send it again?

Thank you so much.

-N

Message 250 of 654
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7