Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR850 "Unable to connect to router" message

DDT1960
Aspirant

Christine,

I'm confused with all the messages that I'm receiving.  First, how do I know if I have received the fix?  Secondly, what are the steps that I have to take once I receive the fix?  Are there specific download or reboot instructions to follow?  Nothing has changed thus far, that is, I'm still able to connect to my Orbi and have internet but I receive messages indicating that I'm not connected nor see my 2nd satellite. 

Message 251 of 654
mark0824
Aspirant

I have a 750 and can no longer access he app or web login. It looks like this is caused my NG and an update. really don't want to have to go do hard reset. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Message 252 of 654
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to contact NG support or Christine. If you want immediate access, a factory reset and setup from scratch will be needed using a wired PC and web browser at HTTP and 192.168.1.1. 

@mark0824 wrote:

I have a 750 and can no longer access he app or web login. It looks like this is caused my NG and an update. really don't want to have to go do hard reset. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Message 253 of 654
orpyak
Tutor

Re: RBR850 We can't find your Orbi

I am glad that Christine reached out to us.

After sending my serial number as a direct message I was able to log into the RBR850 and log into the web management interface.

it is worth noting that even a factory reset did not work in my case, but whatever push fix Netgear set up did. I saw the ssid from my custom network identifier to ORBI##, but I could not log in via a browser or the app. Also i think it was in some sort of limp or setup mode since multiple clients could not join the network, and services though the router were limited.

Before the fix was applied and before my attempt factory reset, the router was working, but it appeared to reboot or reset itself a few times a day.

The default gateway but tcp/80/http  and tcp/443/https were not reachable either.

I am glad that I was able to recover the router with the help of Netgear, but it took too long to address this issue. My router is out of warranty, and I'd appreciate it if Netgear would improve their QA before bricking a bunch of routers.

I did already order  a replacement mesh solution from a different company since I don't want to have this happen again. 

Message 254 of 654
mark0824
Aspirant

Ok thanks. Mine is behind my ATT BGW320 so hopefully I don't have to go back into the ATT router and change anything.

Thanks

Message 255 of 654
jh0liday
Aspirant

ChristineT ,

Please push fix. I DM’d you my serial.

Justin
Message 256 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello Orbi Community,

I'd like to share that based on all of the great feedback we've been receiving, we have an opportunity to optimize the patch and have decided to focus our efforts on this next iteration of the patch instead of continuing to push out the original patch. Based on some of the feedback, people have had to reactivate their Armor subscriptions along with taking additional measures to recover the Connected Devices list. We are working around the clock to continue the momentum in resolving this issue and hope to have the next patch available within the next 24 - 48 hours. 

For the people that have received the first patch, you will automatically be included in the 2nd round so there is no need to spend a lot of time customizing the names of your devices at this time. Hopefully, the original values will be recovered successfully. 

For those who haven't received the patch yet, please continue to send me a private message with your serial number and I'll ensure you're among the first to get the second iteration of the patch.

I will temporarily mark this as the solution so our Orbi community can see this update easily. I'll provide another update once I have more information on the progress.

Warm Regards to all!

Christine

Message 257 of 654
lohith
Tutor

Private messaged you the SR#, Please push the fix.

Message 258 of 654
tmanch
Initiate

Re: RBR753 "Unable to connect to router" message

Hello Christine

Yes I too cannot connect to my Orbi RBR 753S by app or by webpage.  So I have no idea how you can push a patch, but here is my serial number:  XXXXX.  Very disappointed that this is happening, almost feels like my system suffered an intrusion.  But your help would be appreciated.  Could someone please notify me that a patch was sent so I can see if it made a difference?

T. Chinn

Message 259 of 654
Phoc66
Aspirant

Hello - I’m receiving the same error. “We can’t find your Orbi” and I’ve reset the router several times including deleting a work app on my apple products that I thought could have been interfering with the router. What is your ETA to get this resolved? Thanks, Pat
Message 260 of 654
jkk4_1998
Apprentice

Pat, you really need to take the time to read other posts. This is a big problem and Netgear is finally working on a fix. All you are doing is adding to the chain and making it longer and longer. I don’t mean to be rude, but read first. Believe me, just about everyone is in the same boat!
Message 261 of 654
Jroach
Luminary

Pat, my understanding is:

1. NG (Christine) can send you a Beta update.  This update fixes the web access but there might be some lingering issues with Armor, IOS Orbi app???  I think if you request this update, Christine will PM you with what she needs from you.

2. Wait for the "published" update, no ETA but it sounds like the Beta is going well so maybe soon.  The fix might be pushed to your Orbi so I'm not certain how you will know but there is now a banner on this (the NG community) website that says they are working on it so maybe check back to see if it has been completed.

Hope that helps.

PS: I'm waiting for the "final" version as most of my devices are up and running.  I do have issues with devices that are fixed addresses...not sure if this is caused by this issue or something else.

Message 262 of 654
orpyak
Tutor

A factory reset attempt effectively bricked mine until I provided a serial number and it could receive a beta firmware update.  Since I couldn't access the app or web pages and the router was in limbo mode I had to rely on an old router I happened to have to get my house back online. I am mentioning this so others don't get stuck in the same situation I was put in by following that advice.

Message 263 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @orpyak ,

Thanks for helping out here!! Is your Orbi still in a bad state? If so, let's get a case created for you so our support team can assist you with recovering it. It would also be good for us to learn more about how your system got into "limbo".

Best wishes,

Christine

Message 264 of 654
novos40
Initiate

I private messaged my S/N so you can push the fix. Could you please provide a time frame when this will be done or let us know about any other notification about the same? 

Thanks.

Message 265 of 654
BLEdmonds
Initiate

Thank you Christine for all your support. My RBR850 has serial num of xxxxxx. Barry Edmonds

Message 266 of 654
jkk4_1998
Apprentice

I also don’t know if the fix was pushed to me. I’ve  been away the last few days and still nothing works. When I got home today, I did a power cycle of my router and still nothing. Christine, how are we to know if we got that push? And, should I simply power off the router, then back on or should I also reboot my Netgear Modem?

Message 267 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello, @jkk4_1998  et al.,

Sorry for any confusion. If you sent me your serial number within the last 24 hours or so the update has not yet been pushed to your system. We found that the original patch was lacking in some minor areas based on feedback from the customers who received it. We are working on a way to push an improved patch/update and have it fully recover the system without requiring action on the part of our customers.

I hope to have another update this evening. 🙂

Best Wishes,

Christine

Message 268 of 654
mark824
Tutor

Sent Christine a PM with my info. I called support and they told me 90 day support windows is up lol. Not sure its fair that I have to get support on something you all broke. Hopefully something can be done quick. @ChristineT 

Message 269 of 654
spalfonso
Initiate

I SENT YOU MY SERIAL NO.  PLEASE SEND FIX.  THANKS.

Message 270 of 654
Jackooze
Initiate

I sent you private message with my serial number. Can you please confirm you got it ?
Message 271 of 654
Geno1960
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. Please send the patch.
Gen1960
Message 272 of 654
CMK-24
Tutor

Hello, please include me in the update. My S/N is 6AF3077HA1712. Thank you!
Message 273 of 654
Graha137
Aspirant

Hello please add me to the update list.

6AF1067BA0D17
Message 274 of 654
hherms
Aspirant

Can you confirm that you received my serial number information that was sent approx 24 hours ago.

Thank you!

Message 275 of 654
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7