Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR850 We can't find your Orbi

llegagneur
Aspirant

I don’t believe I ever received a patch for this problem.

Serial number is 6874017VA0C51

Message 276 of 654
rxb0130
Tutor

Anyone know if the Patch came out?

I'm waiting for my push and haven't recieved an answer yet
Message 277 of 654
jvcjbl
Star

I messaged @ChristineT  with my serial number as well. No reply, no fix. I can connect to my router via access anywhere but it doesn't see it online via wifi. 

Message 278 of 654
rxb0130
Tutor

I did too. But I can't access anything at all. Wifi or cellular
Message 279 of 654
jvcjbl
Star

Weird that I can, but I’d like to manage it via wifi as intended. I don’t recall getting any update the broke it. It just appeared to stop working.
Message 280 of 654
rxb0130
Tutor

I believe it was push for the update automatically. Yeah I can't monitor via wifi and it's annoying.
Message 281 of 654
Yozza222
Tutor

Hi Christine, how do I private message you?

Thanks 

Message 282 of 654
wfletchb99
Star

@jvcjbl it took several reboots for me to see everything back to "normal" in terms of Orbi app access via wifi.  Not sure how many times you've rebooted, but might be worth trying a couple more times.  FWIW, I could not connect through the app locally or through Anywhere before the fix was pushed.  Also, none of the devices that connect to our network use iOS, but I do see in other posts that further action may be required if you use Apple products to access Orbi.  Are you able to access the router page through your browser?  

Message 283 of 654
jvcjbl
Star

I've rebooted 3 times. Everything connects and I have no issues as far as connectivity. The anywhere access works but even it doesn't see the router. I will do just about another other than hard reset the router. I have over 100 devices on my wifi and I do no want to even think about taking all of that offline or resetting it back up. Thank you for the suggestions I'll try but I'm hoping to hear back from @ChristineT at some point.

Message 284 of 654
RARA23
Initiate

Hi Christine - I don’t see a way to contact you directly but having the same issue. Please advise as to how I can get my serial number to you.
Message 285 of 654
jvcjbl
Star

@RARA23 , I tagged her in my comments. Click her name and then you can private message her from her profile.

Message 286 of 654
wfletchb99
Star

@jvcjbl I don't have 100 devices, but I do have almost 60 and felt the same way. At the risk of offering one suggestion too many, if you can access the router page in a browser, you might think about is doing this:

https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

That way, if you did have to bite the bullet and do a reset you would, in theory, be able to restore everything to it's current state.  For the record, the first thing I did once I had access again was to do a backup, but I have not tried to use the backup (as it was not needed).  Either way, good luck.

Message 287 of 654
jvcjbl
Star

@wfletchb99I've never used the webpage... unless I'm doing something wrong it doesn't work for me

Message 288 of 654
FrustrateddUser
Initiate

@ChristineT , I private messaged my S/N so you can push the fix. Could you please provide a time frame when this will be done or let us know about any other notification about the same? 

Message 289 of 654
scr930
Tutor

Has this impacted the quality or range of the wifi for anyone else? My range and speeds are basically cut in 1/4 of what they were, this is beyond frustrating.
Message 290 of 654
wfletchb99
Star

@jvcjbl You probably already know this, so forgive me if so, but your default router page is likely 10.0.0.1 or possibly 192.168.1.1 as those are the most common addresses used as a default.  Unless you know that yours is a different address, then I'd try those in your browser while connected to your main wifi SSID and not your guest ID.  If the webpage comes up asking for an ID and a password, then that's a good sign.  If you get a "refused to connect" error or something similar from your browser, then the issue that this thread is about is still a problem for you.  When I was experiencing the problem, I tried Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.  The image attached is what the rejected page looked like for the three browsers I tried.  If you log in with your browser and see something like these messages, then it may mean that the update was not pushed to you.

If, on the other hand, you get a pop up for you to log in to the page, then it probably means that the fix was pushed to you and you can log in with the router page ID (usually "Admin") and whatever password you set.  If you never set a password, then it could simply be "password"

If you are able to log in to the page, then you can back up your settings as I mentioned in the previous post and then decide if you want to do a full factory reset.

Message 291 of 654
jvcjbl
Star

@wfletchb99 thank you kindly for the explanation. I did/do know how to access it. I was just hoping there was something outside my networking degree I wasn't aware of. Alas, failed to connect so I'm at the mercy of @ChristineT, whom I keep tagging in hopes she pushes the update. Thank you again for your input/reply. Cheers

Message 292 of 654
Jroach
Luminary

scr930,  I too am experiencing some quirky/sporadic issues.  I'm not certain it has anything to do with the FW failure but the things that I have noticed:

- Wireless cameras that are the furthest away from the RBR/RBS have either disconnected or frequently unavailable: (camera report from the East Side which is the furthest from the router)

Front 1E
- 149 errors
- 41.8% camera uptime

DW 4E:
- 234 errors
- 36.7% camera uptime

Front 2E:
- 98 errors
- 8.9% camera uptime

(Typically I see uptime greater than 97%)

- Wireless internet speed is 30% less than advertised.  Called provider and they checked the line (several times) and all is good on their side to the modem.  Typically see >450Mps.

- This one is strange...  Wired connections are 90% LESS (or more).  At the time of writing this my speed was 9Mbps download and upload was 8Mps (contracted speed is 500) wired to Orbi.

Again, sporadic.  

Message 293 of 654

Thanks @ChristineT for the help with everyone. Sent you a PM, would love to get a fix as factory reset will be a miserable task on my end.

Message 294 of 654
Jroach
Luminary

While we wait for the fix I wanted to see if anybody knew when the problem started?  

@nortakales reported it on 5/6 but the "status" page on the banner says the 13th.  

Also, under core services it shows that Account Management, Remote Management and Armor are all operational for Orbi.  

@ChristineT ...it will likely help bringing you extra resources.  

Thanks again for your resolve on getting this fixed.

Message 295 of 654
Stahl101
Guide

same problem, accept my wifi is constantly switching between working and not working

Message 296 of 654
matrix2019
Initiate

Hello, we just discovered today that our Orbi 750 system is suffering from this problem.  It seems as though you have taken serial numbers to push fixes to impacted devices.  I am not able to do a factory reset due to a complex configuration that I am not sure was backed up recently.  Can you please help with applying the same fix that has helped others resolve the problem?

Message 297 of 654
bradlako
Initiate

Hello,

Subject issue - cannot connect to the router. WiFi is working as are the satellites.

just cannot connect to the router via app or web.

This is my second system - NOT HAPPY 

Message 298 of 654
jkk4_1998
Apprentice

Bradlako, please read previous posts!

Message 299 of 654
bradlako
Initiate

Done. Thx.
Message 300 of 654