Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR850 We can't find your Orbi

ChristineT
Admin

**Updated 5/25/2022 at 12:00 PM Pacific Time

Hello Orbi Family! 

Thank you all so very much for sharing your experience with us! As previously mentioned, based on the feedback we received after deploying the first patch to a select group of customers, we learned that we had an opportunity to improve the next interaction of the patch. I am happy to say we have tested this patch internally and start to roll it out to those of you who have already submitted your serial numbers. This group includes those that were in the first round so that your Device List and Armor services will be restored without any intervention on your side.

Update: If you've private messaged me and have not received a response, I promise I'm not ignoring you! 😉 As you can imagine, I have received quite a lot of messages. To ensure the patch is pushed out to as many of you as possible, I am focusing on grabbing the information and getting it in the hands that need it to push the update. 

Update: We have begun to roll out this patch in a phased approach. Several of you should have received the patch overnight. You can check to see if you're system received the patch by going to http://orbilogin.net/debug.htm  and confirming the SeAL value shows -2. If you are unable to access this page it means the router has not received the patch. If you've submitted your serial number to me on or before 6 PM last night 5/24/2022, please restart your system by unplugging it and plugging it back in and wait approximately 5 minutes after the router is fully restarted and check again. We have heard a second restart has proven more successful if the router was affected by this issue.

For more information please visit: NETGEAR is rolling out a fix for an issue affecting the Orbi RBK85x and RBK75x Series Mesh Systems. 

Please note: the satellites do not need to be updated at this time and may show on a different firmware version. This is expected.

Please continue to add the results of your experience with this issue so we can look into this further if needed. If this is a new issue after being able to access the router settings please create a new topic for better visibility. Thank you!

Best Regards to All,

Christine

Message 301 of 654
DASChicago
Guide

Hi Christine

Thanks for all your help here. Much appreciated. How do those of us who have not PM’d you with our Orbi S/Ns get this patch? Is there going to be a normal rollout process as well?
Thanks
Message 302 of 654
rs8967643
Tutor

Thanks for the update. I sent my Serial number yesterday, will plan on checking status tomorrow night.

Message 303 of 654
Jazzz
Aspirant

Hi Christine, i direct messaged you about my issue and i really believe i m having a similar problem. Can you help plz.
Message 304 of 654
rontruong
Aspirant

Hi Christine, please confirm the patch has been rolled out to my serial number. I sent you via PM. Thanks!

Message 305 of 654
OrlandoC
Initiate

Re: RBR750 We can't find your Orbi

Hi Christine,

I private messaged you my Orbi serial number just a few minutes ago.  Message would be coming from, "OrlandoC" my netgear community user name.  Please push patch ASAP! 

Thank you!!!

Message 306 of 654
iWiFi
Tutor

Re: RBR750 - 6AF3077JA3066 - Unable to access Orbi via app or web UI

Hi Christine,

I've dealing with similar issue of not being able to access Orbi app or using Web UI (even with direct cable connected to the orbi router).

Orbi RBR750 router

I've sent you a private message as well.

Hope this gets resolved soon.

thanks...

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 307 of 654
Eyesea2020
Follower

Re: Daily slowdown if not rebooted daily

I hope this is a PM…I can access my Orbi app after most recent update.

The problem I have is wireless signal slows to less than 100 everyday, unless I reboot Orbi RBK50 router daily. ISP is Comcast 1.2GB, and I have confirmed internet speed at 937 with Orbi App.  
NetGear phone support has been worthless, having spent hours on hold, being passed from one wrong department to another, and then being disconnected while on hold.

My S/N is xxxxx….. I hope you can help me.

Message 308 of 654
NGfann
Aspirant

Please let me know timing on updates:  (1) how long if I send you a serial number and (2) when a broad update to all will be pushed any way. I am monitoring a network and need your best estimate on timing. Thank you.

Message 309 of 654
Prajosh_99
Tutor

Hi Christine

Could you please push the fix pack to my device too. I do have same issues.
I sent you the PM with serial number. Thanks
Message 310 of 654
Mortland
Aspirant

This is absolutely ridiculous, fix this immediately. It is costing me money and business loss not being able to access my router, excat same problem as everyone else cannot access via app nor Pc web interface. Force push this update NOW! How many times are you all going to disrupt your customers products? I'm not going to upgrade to a higher model I'm about to just return this and find something better.
Message 311 of 654
jkk4_1998
Apprentice

Ok, I can now confirm that all access to my router works again. Must have gotten the push fix overnight.  All seems back to normal! Thank you Christine for your help in this rediculous matter. 
Don’t forget to make a backup.

Message 312 of 654
EmWhyKay44
Tutor

Sent PM to @ChristineT. Crossing my fingers to be included in the next push. Don't want to factory reset and lose my custom config.

EDIT: I've also attempted to open a Support Case with netgear but my "complimentary support" expired last October. FANTASTIC. There's some "superuser" going around posting and telling people to contact support as opposed to PM'ing the admin here but how can folks like me do that without paying for premium support for an issue caused by Netgear themselves? This is frustrating and should not have happened in the first place.

Message 313 of 654
Tadders
Initiate

I can now connect to my router via the orbi app from my iphone.  Thanks to ChristineT and the team for fixing that issue.

However, I am still seeing that all connected devices are showing as NA.

My router is now running Firmware version 4.6.8.2 and my satellites are running 4.6.5.14

@ChristineT - Are the team working on a fix for the N/A for the devices also?

Thanks

Message 314 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @Tadders ,

I am glad to hear that you can now connect to your router. Thank you for sharing additional details about the connected device names still showing NA. I'd be really grateful if you can log into your app and go to the connected device list and submit a bug report. Here's an article that provides further instructions.

How to report a bug on the Orbi App  

Once you've submitted the bug please reboot the router and let me know if the satellites get updated in the process.

Best,

Christine

Message 315 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @EmWhyKay44 ,

I'll make sure we take good care of you here in the community. 🙂 I received your serial number and will request the update be pushed to your system overnight tonight. 

Warm Regards,

Christine

Message 316 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @jkk4_1998 ,

I really appreciate your feedback! I am glad to hear you can access your router settings again.

Warm Regards,

Christine

Message 317 of 654
jvcjbl
Star

@ChristineT can you confirm if you got mine?

Message 318 of 654
rxb0130
Tutor

Christine

I pmed you couple days ago with my SN and I have not heard back. Please advise if you got my message
Message 319 of 654
nshah7
Tutor

Hi @ChristineT - 

I have also PMed you with my serial number a couple times now. First, for the first beta patch and second, for the most recent one. However, I have not heard back on whether you've received it and if it has/will be pushed to my router. I'm operating my business out of my home so this is a pretty critical need for me. Can you please confirm? 

Thank you so much,

N

Message 320 of 654
EmWhyKay44
Tutor

Many thanks @ChristineT.
Message 321 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @jvcjbl ,

I have confirmed your serial number was among those that should have received the update. Are you able to access the router settings as of this morning? If not, please reboot and let me know the results.

Best,

Christine

Message 322 of 654
AGore
Guide

I have the same problem, how do we get a fix? RBR850

Message 323 of 654
jvcjbl
Star

Message 324 of 654
jvcjbl
Star

@ChristineT  I can access the app but now none of my devices are there when I select devices. see screen shot

Message 325 of 654
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7