Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR850 We can't find your Orbi

BnyH
Initiate

@ChristineT

I have power cycled my router a few times and am still having the connection error, could you please confirm the firmware was pushed to my device? serial was dm'd to you yesterday (5/18) morning.

Message 376 of 654
rs8967643
Tutor

I rebooted the iPhone, and restarted the app. Same error. On the first screen it says there are 35 devices, but when I click on that to get the list, it tries for a while and then gives the error message.

I will try again in the am.

Thanks
Message 377 of 654
00_Jenn
Star

@ChristineT I tried to capture debug logs for you... I start capture and it says 'Debug Log capturing in progress, Please wait at least one minute.', then nothing ever happens. I let it "run" for more than 20min and it never rebooted or changed status. I finally clicked 'save debug file' to interrupt it and after a while it gave me a download. I will PM it to you. 

Message 378 of 654
00_Jenn
Star

@jvcjbl 

So annoying! 

I am still having the issue that it won't EVER remember my info no matter how many times I check the box. And yes, occasionally it just lets me in with no authentication at all. Awesome. I expect the password ghost will resurface eventually, it's just busy bothering other people right now.

Message 379 of 654
lohith
Tutor

Orbi Web interface(http://192.168.1.1) is  and showing the list of devices connected though. 

However, Orbi App from ios  returning the  error(CDIL-API-FAIL) while listing the devices.

Message 380 of 654
Bigbanknikko
Aspirant

Hello Christine 

I need the patch as well. My rbr850 won’t connect.  Thank you

Message 381 of 654
RaiseCane
Guide

This is mind boggling... Netgear pushes out an auto-update that makes my $1,000 mesh wifi system completely unreachable.  The app doesn't work.  The 192.168.1.1 page doesn't even work. Six days later and there's no fix.  What a clown show. 

Message 382 of 654
egriffin
Aspirant

Hello Christin, I found this community just a few minutes ago. I also cannot connect to my RBR 850 router with my iPhone. When can I expect the patch to be available to all of us having this issue? Thank you!

Message 383 of 654
scr930
Tutor

Those of us who bought this Orbi system spent a lot of money for what was supposed to be the best system (reasonably) available on the consumer market. I personally spent a lot of time researching this system before I spent the $1000 ish on my RBK 850. I recently purchased some devices that can utilize WiFi6 , and the future proofing with the speed and convenience made this an easy decision. Us consumers spend extra on premium items like this system and we expect the performance to match the cost. So when something like this happens, it shouldn't be on the consumer of the top end product to have to spend time researching and communicating on these forums to HOPE they get the attention of the ONE rep (Christine - she's been awesome btw) that is actually willing to help. This is on Netgear, and further proof that they really don't care about their consumers, even those that pay for their elite products. Over the past 3 days, I personally have messaged Netgear via email, on this forum, reviewed and complained on their Google store Orbi app page, and DMd Christine directly on the subreddit dedicated to Orbi (https://www.reddit.com/r/orbi?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share) - all without even a simple response recognizing that I am having an issue. I get it - they are busy, they can't reach out to everyone, yadda yadda. All tired excuses for a company that happily took thousands of dollars from all of us, for a top end system in 2020/21/22, and now they broke their system. Somehow it becomes the consumer's responsibility to mitigate the fix AND manage the relationship so that they will see fit to help us? This is why we consumers need to give feedback to the Bureau of Consumer Protection, these kind of situations should not be the norm.
Message 384 of 654
DMcA
Initiate

I have the same problem
Message 385 of 654
MrJKC
Initiate

My RBR750 is not connecting to the app… I need help.
How can I get you my Serial number

Message 386 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @MrJKC ,

I was able to look up the serial number for your RBR750 Router in our system. I have added you to the list of systems to receive the update. The update will be scheduled for tomorrow night and ready to test by the following morning.

Best,

Christine

Message 387 of 654
daffinito
Guide

Hi @ChristineT - any chance you can look up my serial number and add me to the list? My orbi isn't in a very convenient location to reach it physically and get the serial number... 

Thanks!

Message 388 of 654
MrJKC
Initiate

Thank you so much.. I use the parental controls a lot on it and it makes it difficult when I cannot turn off my child’s Internet at night (I do this so she doesn’t get up in the middle of the night and play on her phone lol )
Message 389 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @daffinito ,

It's now on the list! 🙂

Best,

Christine

Message 390 of 654
daffinito
Guide

Thanks @ChristineT !

Message 391 of 654
Prajosh_99
Tutor

Hi @ChristineT

I am back online with all functions working as expected in APP. I really appreciate you, addressing this issue by coordinating with the tech team. You are the best example of customer-centric focus.  

Thanks a lot for everything. All the best to everyone on getting the issue resolved, reach out to best Christine 🙂

Message 392 of 654
Geno1960
Aspirant

I need the patch. I have not heard back from you. Not only is the app not working my internet speed is very slow. I pay for faster internet speeds but with Orbi I am wasting my money. Do I need to post my sn here? How do you get it. I am about to go back to google Wi-Fi at this point, very disappointed at net gear.

Message 393 of 654
jvcjbl
Star

@ChristineT still not working on the app. Clicking on devices gives the error that's been mentioned a few times on here. Web Defender doesn't work either. 

Message 394 of 654
singlemaltmario
Initiate

Don't post your serial number in this thread. Instead, scroll until you find one of ChristineT's posts, and click on her name. From there, you will be able to send her a message.

The serial number is on the bottom of your Orbi router.
Message 395 of 654
Geno1960
Aspirant

Thanks!
Message 396 of 654
Geno1960
Aspirant

Christine,
Please send me the patch. My Orbi sn is
xxxxx.
Thanks
Gene

Message 397 of 654
pkirschner1
Aspirant

Hello @ChristineT,

I sent you a PM a few days ago with my serial number for my RBR750 requesting a patch, did you receive it? I still cannot cannot to the app nor login via the website. Thank you for your assistance!

Message 398 of 654
egriffin
Aspirant

Hi Christine. My RBR850 serial number is
xxxx. Please put me on the list for the patch. Thanks so much for your assistance!

Message 399 of 654
jkk4_1998
Apprentice

Apparently, you don't read previous threads. Posting your S/N publicly is NOT a good thing!

Message 400 of 654
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7