Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR850 We can't find your Orbi

Himshah
Apprentice

Netgear refusing to respond or fix the crap they created is not a good thing either. People are desperate because this company is refusing to fix the problem or respond to people even on open cases.

Message 401 of 654
Himshah
Apprentice

I think they do not have a fix. They are not sending any update or keep the community with information because they want all of us to be frustrated and move on and forget about the equipment or support payment so they don't have to RMA or refund. That is the only real explanation of the delay unless the engineer are completely stupid and incompetent, most of the time they can figure out and release update in less then a day. I have never heard of company that would take this long.

Message 402 of 654
rplank05
Aspirant

Hi @ChristineT .  I have sent you my serial number in a DM because I am also having the same issue as everyone in the forum.  Can you add mine to the list of devices that receive the patch?

Message 403 of 654
nkd
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is just stupid. I mean it’s. A high priority ticket thar has gotten 0 update on lmao. I might be taking it take Best Buy and using my warranty to swap it. This is just stupid.
Message 404 of 654
clcbjc123
Initiate

PM sent, I think that is the current solution.  Anyone let me know if I'm wrong. 

BC

Message 405 of 654
Josh_W
Aspirant

I'm using the RBR750 Orbi Mesh with 2 satellites.  As of yesterday my satellites aren't recognized and I can't add them back via the app or the Orbi Login portal.  The access anywhere toggle and the network map are also unavailable. I have tried to factory reset with no success.  Is there a manual firmware download for the router and satellites or should I try a previous firmware version?  

Message 406 of 654
Himshah
Apprentice

We can’t access at all thru backhaul. Forget about satellite. The firmware update is screwed up.

Message 407 of 654
mark824
Tutor

@ChristineT Thank you for your help. I powered down this morning and when I powered back up, all was restored. I have access using the app and web portal. I PM'd her my serial number a few days ago in case anyone was wondering. 

Thank you.

Message 408 of 654
Himshah
Apprentice

R u serious? Why not send to everyone to download and apply? Your support team says they don’t have any fix.
Message 409 of 654
Himshah
Apprentice

Same here
Message 410 of 654
jvcjbl
Star

@ChristineT  I just rebooted and for a split second it worked. It was showed devices.... granted it was/is show 28 out of my 105+ devices on my wifi but it worked. After about 45 seconds it reverted back to not worked at all and still shows generically 28 devices on my network. That isn't even what's in my living room and kitchen. LOL. This whole thing is absurd.

Still getting this error (see attachment) 

Message 411 of 654
Jroach
Luminary

I was surprised to see that the issue started back in April!

According to Techzine EU:

started April 27th

The problem firmware was 4.6.8.2

Orbi models: RBR750, RBS750, RBR850, and RBS850.

Message 412 of 654
FURRYe38
Guru

IT wasn't the FW, it was the auto update process the broke something. Some users like me had already manually downloaded and installed v.2 BEFORE NG sent it out via AU. Was working fine at this point. We believe the AU system played a roll in messing things up for users that had not already manually updated to v.2. Didn't see issues until posters started noticing this problem on or about 5/5. 

@Jroach wrote:

I was surprised to see that the issue started back in April!

According to Techzine EU:

started April 27th

The problem firmware was 4.6.8.2

Orbi models: RBR750, RBS750, RBR850, and RBS850.

Message 413 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @Josh_W ,

Thank you for your feedback! I am looking into this and hope to have some feedback within the hour. 

Best,

Christine

Message 414 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @nkd

If you're willing to give me a chance to help you, I am confident we can get this issue resolved. May I have your permission to push the update to your system? We have heard a lot of positive results.

Thanks for your consideration.

Best,

Christine

Message 415 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @rplank05 ,

Yes, I have added your serial number to the list.

Thank you,

Christine

Message 416 of 654
CrybabyKay
Tutor

Christine, I rebooted my Orbi and then checked my app on my iPhone. It seems to be working but when I do check devices attached I get this fail message “(code: CDIL-API-FAIL)” which I noticed was an issue for others as well. I did get on to my PC and checked my Orbi account from the URL and that seems to be working and my devices are listed there. Wanted to give you this info so that you are aware of the issue and so hopefully there’ll be a fix for the devices that are attached so that they will show up through the iPhone app. Thanks for all your work trying to get us all up and going, it’s appreciate it by me. Kay
Message 417 of 654
egriffin
Aspirant

Hello Christine. I believe I sent you the incorrect serial number for my RBR 850 in my last post. I'm not currently at the address where the router is and wont be there for another 7 days. Is there a way you can find my serial #  to push the patch to my router? Thanks so much!

Message 418 of 654
rplank05
Aspirant

Thanks!  What are the next steps?  Do I need to reboot?

Message 419 of 654
doghouseorbi
Initiate

@ChristineT some update feedback for your tracking.  First tried without a reboot and issues of app and web interface inaccessibility continued.  I rebooted and access through both returned.  I had to force stop the app on my phone to get it to connect, but after that it has connected albeit slower than before the issue (it takes > 15-20 seconds to connect).

Thanks for the help

Message 420 of 654
rplank05
Aspirant

@ChristineT I rebooted my router and force killed the app and was able to get access through the app although I cannot see the devices on my network.  I can see that all my satellites are connected though.  The web management console seems to be working now and I can see my devices there.  Thanks!

Message 421 of 654
Jroach
Luminary

@FURRYe38 I was just reporting what was in Techzine.  You did jog my memory though and  recall Christine (or somebody) saying that the 'auto update process' was the root.  That actualy makes me more concerned that this was a foundational delivery issue vs. FW bug.  

The other interesting part is that NG stated that one of the reasons for the firmware update was was for the following: 

• Removes the remote management feature from the router web interface (if disabled at time of update) to improve router security. 

(ref: https://kb.netgear.com/000064877/RBK653-Firmware-Version-4-6-8-2)

I wonder if it would help bring more resources to the issue if we had a thread dedicated to root cause, timing, # of users, management involved, resolution, etc. that crossed all Orbi models.   I think there are some valuable corporate lessons/take-aways; should support take calls (vs charging) regarding this issue, is warranty extended for the length of time where this manufacturer defect took place, and so on.  I find this a fascinating problem and am very interested how it is resolved and who gets involved.

Message 422 of 654
minorhavok
Initiate

Re: RBR750 - Can't Connect (web login or ios app)

Hi Christine,

I just PM'd you my RBR750 serial number please push through the patch when possible.

Thank you.

-minorhavok

Message 423 of 654
lohith
Tutor

After rebooting the router another  two times with 5-10 mins apart and closing/opening the iphone app.. app started loading up profile and showing the devices... now all good..😁

Message 424 of 654
M0ji
Aspirant

Just sent a PM with my serial number. Hoping to get the patch sent out.

Message 425 of 654
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7