Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR850 We can't find your Orbi

Thank you for attending to this. Please note that I have found the community and Netgear tech support to be wonderful.
I respectfully submit the resolution has not yet discovered. I have the need for the best and most reliable internet possible. My issues with the RBR850 are well documented here. While Netgear created a return authorization case, they never followed through.
From a sense of desperation and continued faith in Netgear, a purchased directly from Netgear the new RBRE960. Briefly stated, same issue. I have now lost over $2,000.
The tech support has been wonderful. After two weeks and approximately 15 hours on the phone, I was upgraded to level 2 and told I would be contacted within 48 hours.
It is now more than 96 hours since the "we'll get back to you" call. In a fit of frustration and desperation I purchased a mesh unit from a competing company. I had actually set up a dedicated work station to address the Netgear issue. I used it to assess my progress with the competitor's router. So far, it has functioned without incident for over 72 hours. While this has not passed the test of time, it has worked longer than either Orbi.
Currently I have a malfunctioning Orbi RBR850 and a RBRE960, sitting in my home office. I have lost faith with Netgear products and their product support and warranty. I had been told on previous occasions that the issues were resolved.
I don't believe they are, and I have lost business due to my multiple internet failures. I am not angry, just disappointed with a smidgen of feeling victimized.
Message 426 of 654
Stahl101
Guide

@ChristineT 

Could you push the update to my system, i am still having issues.

Debug:

Firmware Version: V4.6.3.16_2.0.51

armor-bd: 2.2.95

seal: v2.0.25-0

seal_services: v2.0.24-0

spc-circle: 3.17.1.5

CPU Load: 15.45%

Memory Usage(Used/Total): 344 MB/874 MB

Thx. 

Kim

Message 427 of 654
MB_Love
Apprentice

Mine was working- now it stopped? I was one of users who got the initial fix from Christine. Do I just need to reboot again?
Message 428 of 654
EmWhyKay44
Tutor

I guess the patch push didn't include my router last night. I still can't connect to the router or other devices with web interfaces via local network. The app still isn't able to connect either. Maybe tonight?

Is anyone else other than @ChristineT working on this? Community engagement has been all on her shoulders and I can only imagine the burnout she's probably experiencing.

NOT A GOOD LOOK NETGEAR.

Message 429 of 654
dcap
Tutor

it's been a week, and still no push of a fix to the general group?  are you still pushing out if we DM serial number?

Message 430 of 654
DenC22
Aspirant

@christineT: Is there a good-known fix for this yet? I cannot get my router to update the firmware, and I cannot access it via the mobile app or the web interface.

Model RBR750, Firmware v4.6.3.16

Message 431 of 654
Himshah
Apprentice

I have been with Level 2 support for a week with no resolution. Add insult to injury the support says my router is not the one that is getting patch release so far and she has no idea when I will get it. A supervisor is not available because all them work from home. This is a worst company with highest costing router.
Message 432 of 654
jimamj
Initiate

I have also just DM'd my serial number. Please send patch ASAP. Thank you.

Message 433 of 654
GruGrux
Aspirant

I've also dm'd my SN. Please let me know when the patch is sent out and thank you for your help!

Message 434 of 654
jcfergus
Tutor

Glad I bought my Orbi at Costco, it's going back tomorrow.  If I have to rebuild my network anyway, I'll do it with something different.  This is just unacceptable, for an issue that's this big and affecting this many people to go un-fixed for this long, and barely be communicated about, except for poor @ChristineT's valiant efforts here.   Netgear is able to spam me regularly with marketing material, and to send me useless security reports, you'd think they'd be able to email me to give me updates on my broken system.  

Message 435 of 654
scr930
Tutor

@jcfergus I just HAD to have my Orbi last July, that day! Costco was out of stock online and in-store in my city, so I took the massive gamble and leap of faith that is purchasing something at Best Buy. Of course, now that I'm outside of the 10 day (or 30 day) return policy I know I'm SOL. Speaking of Netgear, every time I try to reload this thread I get "unauthorized to view" or something which then directs me to Netgear's new WiFi 6e mesh system. 🤣 I've been purchasing Netgear products for myself, my family and clients for 20 years. This situation has upset me to the point of ceasing doing business with them, from personal to enterprise solutions, simply due to one thing: communication. They have tasked one employee (Christine) with handling this issue across at least 2 channels (this forum and Reddit), while engaging with their customers in no other way. No emails, no official guidance, nothing. I will give them until Monday to have some sort of direction with this situation figured out, and then I will have to take my little SMB with about 40 other SMB clients elsewhere. Simple, brief acknowledgement with a plan of attack and recommendations is basic customer engagement. If they really have all of their resources focused on maximizing profit and marketing without buffering their installed base, why would anyone want to do business with them? And, if you have read this far, check into the FTC and FCC - the FCC is starting to consider wifi all in ones and Mesh systems in the same category as ISPs ... a few FCC complaints may be what Netgear needs to wake up. Best to you all. ❤️
Message 436 of 654
doctt123
Tutor

Hi @ChristineT 

I DM you my router's serial number.  Please push the update to me.

Thank you for your hard work!

Message 437 of 654
OrlandoC
Initiate

Christine,

Success!  Orbi Web Admin Access page has now been restored!  Orbi App can now successfully connect to router and all customized settings within the web admin page appear to have been restored, without needing to be setup again.

FYI to those experiencing this same issue, I sent my serial # to Christine a couple of days ago requesting the patch be pushed to my Orbi device.  I hadn't noticed a reboot at all, nor was I yet able to access admin page or Orbi App, UNTIL I manually rebooted Router and Satellites and upon reboot, everything was back to normal.  So, those of you who have sent your serial# to Christine, but have not yet noticed that access being restored, REBOOT your router and satellites, chances are that if you've sent Christine your serial#, your device has received the patch, but you MUST manually reboot your devices, before the fix is applied and your access is restored!  Just wanted to share my experience, in hopes this helps others!

A HUGE THANK YOU to Christine @netgear!!  Appreciate you championing this issue and helping us regain access to our devices!! 

OrlandoC

Message 438 of 654
bdoubledizzle
Aspirant

Christine - how do I get you my modem serial number so a patch can be pushed to mine. Is that a fix for the orbi iOS app no longer connecting to my RBR850?
Message 439 of 654
jkk4_1998
Apprentice

Exactly! 

Message 440 of 654
jkk4_1998
Apprentice

OMG, you really need to take a little time to read other posts. Your answers are there!

Message 441 of 654
CrimpOn
Guru

@bdoubledizzle wrote:
Christine - how do I get you my modem serial number so a patch can be pushed to mine. Is that a fix for the orbi iOS app no longer connecting to my RBR850?

The method can be found in previous messages. Basically, the idea is to send a private message that only Christine can read. (although the rest of us would dearly love to know your serial number - - - not!)

Locate any message that has her screen name @ChristineT, such as message #438

Click on the screen name, which will bring up her Profile page.

Click on the option to Send a Private Message.

Message 442 of 654
dlynchx17
Initiate

Hello Christine,

Can you do the same for me? I am having the same issue with my RBR750

Message 443 of 654

I want to first note and thank the Netgear community for the amazing good will I have experienced. I also believe the Netgear techs in India are really good. Having said that, I realized that Netgear was not going to help me. I had the RBR850 and my situation is mirrored by all the posts here. I'm sure like many my business needs the internet. Netgear had actually issued a return authorization case number, then never honored it. I considered myself a loyal Netgear customer and out of desperation I purchased the RBRE960.
Same issues. I called tech support. After over one week and almost 15 hours on the phone, I was escalated to a level 2 case and advised I would be called in 48 hours. That was over 96 hours ago. Still no call. I had spent over $2,000 with Netgear and was filling my home office with over 7 Netgear devices, and no reliable Internet. I finally purchased a mesh unit from a competitor.
It has been up and running for over 72 hours with no issues. I wanted the Orbi to work, but no function, no reliable help and warrant performance. I am out a lot of money. I am bothered looking at all the follow up posts. I have no expectation or faith in Netgear. Since I'm currently up and running, I going to take a break and consider what to do.
Message 444 of 654
AlohaJer
Aspirant

Hi Christine I also need the patch. I cannot access admin on my RBR850.

Serial #: 65N80C7FA016D
Message 445 of 654
Avdw100
Aspirant

Christine - I have the same problem.  I can see the interface briefly and then it says that I am on a different network and have to reconnect.  I see the problem has been there since 13 May  How long till it is fixed? 

I have a Orbi 735 with 3 satellites, But cannot confirm the firmware version. 

Adele

Message 446 of 654
KYDixie
Tutor

@ChristineT
I sent you the SN from my RBR750. This issue has been since the April update. It's noted in my most recent PlayStore review for the Netgear Orbi app. Please get this major issue fixed for all of us!
Message 447 of 654
CrybabyKay
Tutor

Christine (and all the others in the background on the Netgear team) thanks for your contribution to figuring a resolution to this problem. I currently seem to be back to normal concerning my router and having access to it, both in the app and through the URL. Hope this remains the case. And, I also hope that anyone else having a problem soon gets a resolution to it. Thank you for the work you’ve done to make it so. Kay
Message 448 of 654
singlemaltmario
Initiate

Confirmation that I can now access my RBR750 again, both via the Orbi app and via 192.168.x.1.

Firmware version 4.6.8.2 on Router and 2 of 2 satellites.  Via 192.168.x.1, actual firmware version is: V4.6.8.2_2.1.9

Behaviors seen:

• One satellite has no devices, which is odd -- I will reboot my RBR750 to see if this resolves.
  • The Orbi app shows the serial number of my ROUTER for both satellites.  The satellites' actual serial numbers are not displayed in the App.

Suggestions:

• It would be nice if the Orbi's logs include a message when firmware has been pushed and when the Orbi has rebooted  -- both including the firmware version numbers.
  • It would be nice if the Firmware Update page (via 192.168.x.1) shows the date that the (current) firmware version was installed.

Message 449 of 654

Why is this thread marked "Solved" when clearly we are all still experiencing issues??

I likely am speaking for many of us frustrated Netgear customers by first applauding Christine for bravely facing countless customers and trying to help them recover from this incident.  She has been a beacon of customer obsession, as I've seen her on here nearly 24x7 the past week since this incident started.

I also, like many of you are likely wondering, am confused why Netgear leadership is so cowardly in how they are handling this incident.  Why let Christine go it alone?  Where is upper leadership and why are they not posting a recurring GA production restoration status every 4 hours or so?

Full transparency, I am a technology executive for a major financial institution.  If my organization were to encounter such a widespread, customer impacting incident, we would not be sitting idle letting one sacrificial lamb support staff try to go it alone, collecting Serial #s and trying to put out a 3 alarm fire with a dixie cup of water (which BTW people, please stop posting your S/Ns on a public site... that is a treasure trove piece of intel for a bad actor to use to try and attack your environment later).

If such a large customer impacting event were to occur, it would be all hands on deck, all other production work would stop until operations was fully restored.  Executives would be calling customers, putting out social media and other alerts every X hours to keep the customer base abreast to when their coveted business would return to normal.

Granted, Netgear is not a G-SIFI nor will the financial system be disrupted b/c our home routers are not functioning... but the principles of customer service should be the same (plus, i imagine some customers are relying on their Orbi routers to support their businesses and livelihoods).

So Christine, please take this back to your management.  Ask them to stop hiding behind you.  Have your CTO or COO get on this thread.  Have them give us updates every 4-6 hours until a fix is applied (not this serial # beta test fix), and functionality is restored.  We all paid good $ for a high end home mesh wifi system, and expect it not to crash for no reason.

Message 450 of 654
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7