Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR850 We can't find your Orbi

ChristineT
Admin

Hello @Jmenchac  and @static14 ,

That's great news! Thank you for confirming a few reboots did the trick! 

Best,

Christine

Message 476 of 654
RaiseCane
Guide

This is completely unacceptable. I called support abs gave my serial number 2 days ago!!! Why isn’t the fixed firmware pushed to everyone like the broken firmware was!!!! This level of support makes me want to throw this net gear wifi in the trash.
Message 477 of 654
RaiseCane
Guide

There’s no way to even know if they pushed you the new firmware or not!!! They could at least email you to let you know it’s time to reboot.
Message 478 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @RaiseCane ,

I have confirmed you should be able to test the patch Monday morning. Please be sure to @ mention me if you would like me to confirm if it's time to test if the patch has been applied.

Kind Regards,

Christine

Message 479 of 654
jvcjbl
Star

@ChristineT any updates as to my situation? Still isn’t working? Still can’t access my devices via the app. I’ve restarted probably 15 times at this point. The web app seem to work ok from what I can tell but the iOS app doesn’t. Same error as before.
Message 480 of 654
00_Jenn
Star

@RaiseCane reboot your Orbi then go to:

http://orbilogin.net/debug.htm and log in

if your seal value ends in -2 you have the new firmware with the fix. If it ends in -0 you don't.

Message 481 of 654
00_Jenn
Star

Hi @ChristineT 

5 days since I PM'd my SN and no patch 😞

Any eta would be greatly appreciated please and thank you.

Message 482 of 654
Jroach
Luminary

@00_Jenn
I rebooted and went to http://orbilogin.net/debug.htm
I still can’t access that site. I haven’t asked for the update but I was curious if that website worked now for me.

I’m very interested to see how this all plays out. Will NG extend the warranty for those under warranty for the period of time they have been hobbled? If somebody paid for NG support will they be reimbursed? NG stock is in decline, not because if this, but if this plays out any longer…

Message 483 of 654
CrimpOn
Guru

@Jroach wrote:
@00_Jenn
I rebooted and went to http://orbilogin.net/debug.htm
I still can’t access that site. I haven’t asked for the update but I was curious if that website worked now for me.

The affected Orbis are not listening on ports 80 and 443.  i.e. the web service is not running at all.

That is why the router will not provide any web site.

Only customers who volunteered their Serial Number are having the new firmware pushed to them.

Everyone else has two choices: (a) wait, or (b) do a factory reset and reconfigure.

Message 484 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @00_Jenn ,

I am hoping you have received my private message with additional instructions. Can you also confirm if you have restarted your router at least twice today?

I'm looking forward to your update.

Best,

Christine

Message 485 of 654
Jroach
Luminary

@CrimpOn, that is what I thought but @00_Jenn had suggested to another user that link would provide a value if the update had NOT been applied.

@ChristineT, fyi, sending follow up to my previous email to David (cc Patrick) just to make certain your getting the resources needed.
Message 486 of 654
nkd
Apprentice
Apprentice

why not make a submission for for your serial number instead of guess work and sending PMs that might be hit and miss. 

Message 487 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @jvcjbl ,

You are correct. If your seal value ends in -2 your system was patched with the fix. If it ends in -0 your system has failed to update. It does not mean your serial number hasn't been added to the update server. Once your serial number has been added to the update server the router will check for an update overnight (late or early morning) and will continue to do so until the patch/update successfully updates the router.

I have received a few reports where a few restarts have not successfully updated the router with the fix and the serial numbers have been confirmed to be in the database. I will provide this to engineering so we can dig into those cases further. It sounds like you are one of these cases. Is that right?.

Thank you for allowing me to clarify.

Kind Regards,

Christine

Message 488 of 654
jvcjbl
Star

@ChristineT I was wrong... I see -2. I was looking the wrong line. I deleted the iOS app and reinstalled it and now can successfully access my devices. I'd suggest doing this to anyone who hasn't. I for one have not had a working app for quite a while and just now finally though about deleting the app and it works (at least for now).

Message 489 of 654
00_Jenn
Star

Hi @ChristineT yes, I received your email and replied but hadn't heard back... I have also restarted my router more than twice today.

Message 490 of 654
Poletip
Aspirant

How are we supposed to submit serial numbers?

My  Orbi continues to refuse connection.

Thanks,

Message 491 of 654
DLindman
Tutor

this is what I show on the link you posted in your update.

Firmware Version: V4.6.8.2_2.1.9

dumaos: v3.0.410

seal: v2.1.5.37-0

seal_services: v2.1.5.12-0

armor-bd: v2.2.100.3

spc-circle: v3.25.0.2

CPU Load: 15.79%

Memory Usage(Used/Total): 374 MB/874 MB

System Uptime: 0 days 11:10:13

i have not received the “fix” from what I see.

I had to reset device based on input from support, but kept all setting default to netgears till end of setup, then changed them.  I am currently up, but I fear a power outage will put me in the state I was in yesterday where nothing would connect to my router.

This needs a proper fixing sooner rather than later.  A 1000$ system should NOT keep users off the internet!

Message 492 of 654
00_Jenn
Star

@Poletip send a DM to @ChristineT 

Message 493 of 654
KYDixie
Tutor

@ChristineT
Thank you! This morning the update came through. After a reboot of modem then Orbi (including both satellites, one at a time). Everything seems to be working. Appreciate the time and stress you are devoting to this problem
Message 494 of 654
Probmxstyle
Initiate

@ChristineT , I sent you a pm with my serial number as well. Thanks!
Message 495 of 654
AGore
Guide

@ChristineT  THANK YOU!!!!

Its fixed..

I am in... Thank you ChristineT and NG Team...

Message 496 of 654
CurtTerp
Tutor

First, @ChristineT is a trooper and has been working tirelessly to help people get systems up and running. The following comments are not directed to her.

Your testing team is atrocious. How does the testing team NOT find this problem with the most basic function of accessing your router either by webpage or device app? Also disabling a PAID service (Armor) because of buggy firmware is also a bad thing to miss in testing. People have bought the system, then paid money for the subscription, and you disable the protection and they don't even know about it because you never notified anyone. Yes I am harsh about this, but I have been a software tester for over 14 years, so to see this kind of thing slip through the cracks just pisses me off.

You force an update on your customers, but yet do not let them know in any way that a firmware update was pushed to OUR routers. WE PURCHASED these devices, not rent them. We do not have the option to update them ourselves or to use an auto-updating function. Netgear just assumes that we all want their firmware updates when they decide to push them out. The automatic updating mechanism would be a little easier to stomach if we were NOTIFIED when a firmware update is pushed out. This crap of pushing firmware updates without notification feels like they are trying to hide the updates.

My Orbi 6 is the second mesh system that I have had.l My First Orbi system was solid most of the time, with only 1 satellite losing sync once, and a reboot took care of that. With this system, I had to reboot both satellites TWICE to try to get them to sync. I have also had other issues with devices not showing up and had to reboot the satellite again. All these issues in less time than with the first Orbi system.

One last thing. If Netgear is going to insist on pushing firmware to our systems, have a rollback plan in your firmware. GIVE US, YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS A WAY TO ROLL BACK FIRMWARE THAT HAS BROKEN OUR SYSTEMS. Yes, WiFi still works, but I have 5 Raspberry Pi's around the house and I cannot access any of them because point to point access within MY NETWORK is broken. Also having a rollback function also helps your customers not to have to endure the hardships of waiting over 2 weeks for your technical team to try to figure out the problem with the firmware when this should have been caught before release is a hardship and leaves a bad taste with YOUR customers. We shouldn't have to hobble along for weeks like this.

Again, @ChristineT - you have been a trooper and it feels like your the only one to care about the customers. 

Message 497 of 654
Ferrellt
Star

Christine. Can you push the patch to me please?
Message 498 of 654
Jroach
Luminary

@CurtTerp I second your points about Pi (or other similar devices), @ChristineT being a trooper, and regression testing.  

Curious, you mentioned "Your Orbi 6".   On the status page Netgear says: "We are aware of an issue affecting the Orbi RBK85x and RBK75x Series Mesh WiFi 6 Systems,".  

Is this wider spread than the Banner on the NG site says?

Message 499 of 654
dcap
Tutor

It's still an absolute joke that well after a week since she's started offering help via her DM, that netgear doesn't have anyone else helping her in a meaningful way.  I've DM'd @ChristineT  twice, she hasn't responded publicly or privately, NG has done nothing.   This is a huge fail.

Message 500 of 654
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7