Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR850 We can't find your Orbi

CurtTerp
Tutor

@Jroach Yes the banner is there, but look down and the status items are all green. Now I do understand that it is systems on their end, I was not commenting on the banner, but the systems status. Yes, I could have let that out.

Companies show how much they value their customers by the resources that they put behind a problem. Netgear might have a lot of resources trying to fix the crap that they forced out on people, but as for customer-facing resources, there is only one. By not giving @ChristineT  any help in this forum to answer questions, help coordinate beta test pushes, and gather information shows how little they value their customers.

Not rolling this back while they scratch their heads on what they broke is another indication of they don't value their customers. I guess they do not have any procedures in place to roll back any firmware when they push crappy firmware out. That is bad policy.

Message 501 of 654
CrazyEddie
Apprentice

"I am going to demand the support money I paid is refunded. I am returning it to COSTCO and demanding them to stop selling this idiot companies product. I just switched back to my old router to visit COSTCO."

Does this mean you are going to stop ranting on this thread? Or are you still hoping for an attorney among this group to take you up on your class action idea?

Message 502 of 654
Himshah
Apprentice

CrazyEddie:

If I get my support money back and return the router and get refund, I will be gone. It may be ranting for you but many of us have paid hefty cost. I am not resetting all my devices. If an attorney takes up cause, I will be more than happy to join. 

Message 503 of 654
Jroach
Luminary

@CurtTerp Thanks and agree.  Just so I'm clear...Is your Orbi a model 6xx.  

I'm trying to put all the info together regarding this problem and pen an email to Daniel (home products) and Patrick (CEO).  I often find that they are not hiding but not informed or the scope of the problem has been filtered.  I have the access but want to make certain I am on-point.

Thanks in advance for your info?

Message 504 of 654
CrazyEddie
Apprentice

We are all in the same boat. Some can give feedback that is helpful - like @CurtTerp. Your complaints are just repetitive. If I were a class action attorney, I’d pass on you as a client.
Message 505 of 654
Joelnegron
Initiate

@ChristineT s/n has been sent via PM.

Message 506 of 654
CrazyEddie
Apprentice

😂
Message 507 of 654
Himshah
Apprentice

Great idea. Please do it. I tried calling to no avail. They can’t not know though. If they don’t know, that would be worst management. Thanks for trying.
Message 508 of 654
CurtTerp
Tutor

@Jroach My system is an RBR750 and a pair of RBS750. They call it Orbi 6 because of the WiFi 6 protocols.

Firmware on all three devices is v4.6.5.14

and it is funny that I can access the webpage of the satellites, but not the router. Even though the Orbi app says it cannot connect to the router, I still can see the network map see things that are connected to the router and satellites, and see the details of all three devices. 

Message 509 of 654
Jroach
Luminary

@CurtTerp , Thanks for the clarification!
Message 510 of 654
escabar
Aspirant

Hi Christine,

Have PM'ed my serial (ending in 0) to you and have restarted my RBR this morning. Still cant access router web admin interface and Orbi app (android or iOS, iOS shows disconnected)

Please have Netgear enable an optional auto update disable function.

-Eric

Message 511 of 654
mmorain
Tutor

@ChristineT Thank you for the help you're providing the community! I've DMed you my S/N as well, so please let me know when the fix has been applied and I am ready to restart. 

Thanks again!

Message 512 of 654
gnome83
Aspirant

Hi,

I am having the same issue, can you tell me what I need to do to get the update/fix on my side?

Regards

Message 513 of 654
dcap
Tutor

DM your serial number to @ChristineT  and hope she does something for you at some point, otherwise, netgear is a joke.

Message 514 of 654
andrewdenver
Aspirant

Hi there

I have PM'd you x 2 but no update and no access.

Can you help?

Andrew

Message 515 of 654

Hi Andrew,  are you trying to reach me, Jeff Rinek?

Message 516 of 654
homekitGuy
Guide

I got the patch. All seemed to work and my Orbi app was able able to connect for a couple of hours. But this morning unfortunately the app is once again unable to connect.
Message 517 of 654
pghyndman
Initiate

Serial # xxxxx Still waiting for proper update... PLEASE!

Message 518 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @homekitGuy ,

This is an interesting case. I haven't received any other feedback about it working and then stopped. I'd love to work with you directly. Can you please send me a private message with your contact information and the best time to reach you? 

Warm Regards,

Christine

Message 519 of 654
RaiseCane
Guide

Still can’t access that site.
Message 520 of 654
andrewdenver
Aspirant

Hi Christine

I PM'd you 5-6 days ago but still no update pushed?

Andrew

Message 521 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @andrewdenver ,

If you haven't done so already, can you please try to reboot your router and let me know if the problem is now resolved?

Thank kindly,

Christine

Message 522 of 654
Yozza222
Tutor

Hi Christine, I’ve sent you my s/n three times over the last five days and still nothing? Any chance of the patch or an update on a fix for everyone?
Message 523 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @Yozza222 ,

I have confirmed your serial number was added to the list to be updated. If you are still experiencing an issue please reboot your router and allow approximately 5-10 minutes after fully restarting and check again. 

Please let me know the result after your reboot. Please note, that a second reboot has been known to have better success in applying the patch.

Thanks,

Christine

Message 524 of 654
Yozza222
Tutor

Thanks Christine. The app seems to be working now, should the firmware update or still be the same?

81088E5C-6B0E-4605-B0C8-401E97040B24.jpeg

Message 525 of 654
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7