Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR850 We can't find your Orbi

bfile49
Aspirant

Hi @ChristineT 

I have DM'd you my serial number. I am not able to connect to my admin console through any of the four options: orbilogin.net or orbilogin.com or using the router's default IP address http://192.168.1.1 or http://10.0.0.1

Can you please help by pushing the update?

Thank you,

Bob

Message 576 of 654
CrimpOn
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:
Sorry should be off in stead of on

Just a suggestion: this "can't find your Orbi" thread has reached 577 posts and appears to have fallen into a pattern of users asking about the status of their request to have updated firmware 'pushed' to their routers.  I fear that the question about Apple's iCloud Private Relay may get "lost in the confusion."

It might be more practical to start a new thread regarding "Orbi app and Apple iCloud Private Relay"

When I attempt to learn about iCloud Private Relay, there appear to be inconsistencies

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212614 

For example:

• The goal appears to be securing the Safari web browser.
  • Orbi app is clearly not Safari, so one would think this feature cannot possibly interfere with the Orbi app.
  • However, there is also discussion of hiding dns queries.  Maybe iOS is not sophisticated enough to distinguish between Safari dns queries and other dns queries.
  • Perhaps the Orbi app "finds" the Orbi router by doing a dns query to orbilogin.net.  One of the features of consumer routers is that they intercept specific dns requests and return their own IP address.  If a dns request for "orbilogin.net" gets to an actual DNS server (Goodle, Cloudfront, etc.) they cannot resolve it because they have no idea what the internal IP address of the consumer router might be.  (and, there  are literally tens of thousands of consumer routers).
  • If iCould Private Relay "hides" dns requests made by the Orbi app and passes them onto Apple's 'wonder server', the Orbi app might be unable to discover the IP address of the router.

I have seen posts referring to iCloud Private Relay, but have skimmed over them because I do not use iOS.  Perhaps a search (box in upper left corner of forum web page) will turn up the information you seek.

Message 577 of 654
Tecarleton
Initiate

I have the same issue and will send my serial#.
Message 578 of 654
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I give up on Orbi. The latest firmware broke accessing the Orbi app. Private relay had been on and Orbi app worked a treat for months prior to latest firmware.

Good luck all.
Message 579 of 654
Skimw1
Aspirant

@ChristineT I sent my SN via PM a couple of days ago. Looking for verification that the patch has been pushed to my router or when to expect it. Thank you so much for your support! 🙏
Kim
Message 580 of 654
Deathjoker
Guide

I sent my serial# on the 15th and I still cannot login with the IP address. 

Message 581 of 654
escabar
Aspirant

It has been a few days since I pm'ed my serial. I restarted my router, but still can't access my Orbi. Please send the fix to my Orbi.

Message 582 of 654
David1960
Aspirant

I too am having the same problem.  the orbi app no longer recognizes my router.  I am still online and have wireless but can no longer log into the router.with the app or directly.  

Message 583 of 654
Tecarleton
Initiate

Rebooted, waited 5 min, opened the app and, it's fixed!  Everything is working as it did before now.... 

Message 584 of 654
bfile49
Aspirant

Any timeline on when a fix may be pushed to my router? Thanks!
Message 585 of 654
Mhall
Guide

I’d rather not return my ORBI to Costco and start over with sob, but I’m running out of time to get this resolved. Come on folks we’re not talking Rocket Science!
Message 586 of 654
Anbarcis
Aspirant

Christine, can you please add us to the list? Serial number xxxx. We tried the factory reset and now nothing works. How can we even get a patch or update if it won’t even see the Orbi and connect?

Message 587 of 654
Deathjoker
Guide

I do not want to have to factory reset and rebuild my whitelist.  While I do have all my devices in a spreadsheet, there is no option to manually add a mac address (which is very frustrating).  When I log a new device onto the wifi, it is blocked.  I log into the router via the IP address webpage, and allow it, and save.  Then I have to reboot the router for the device to have access (which also seems asinine).

This lack of manual control is very similar to the firmware problem.  Every router I have had, I could manually load a firmware file.  The Orbi has to go online and find it.  At first, I thought this was a great idea (I didn't have to go find the firmware and download, extract, and install it).  Now I see the manual method is better.  I also find it odd that I have always had to go into the router settings and check for firmware updates, yet this one (whatever firmware borked my router) seems to have installed itself.

Message 588 of 654
AllHailOrbi
Guide

While I’ve been patiently waiting for Netgear to release a real fix (not a pre-release patch) I’ve noticed that my RBR750 router is rebooting itself at least once to twice per day.   Of course I can’t tell when or why, because I cannot access the logs.   Is anyone else seeing this?

NG says they are working this at highest priority.  Last week Christine mentioned that a real fix was forthcoming in days, but it never seems to arrive.   I’ve been an Orbi fan but I don’t believe I’m going to be for much longer.   I am not getting any benefit from my paid Armor subscription. I am rapidly becoming a highly unsatisfied customer.  NG doesn’t seems to care.

Message 589 of 654
John_H_AZ
Aspirant

@ChristineT  previously PM'd you my s/n and have not received patch... rebooted multiple times now still unable to get RR850 to connect again

Message 590 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @AllHailOrbi ,

With your permission, I'd like to add your serial number to the list to be updated. I may have a trial firmware that addresses the random reboots but first, we need you to be able to access the router settings.

I this acceptable to you?

Best,

Christine

Message 591 of 654
Sailikesit
Tutor

Hi @ChristineT ,

I know it's impossible to keep up with the number of people requesting for the fixes, but can you please let us know if our serial numbers are noted? I have been waiting for the fix to be pushed for the past 3-4 days now. I have heard from you only once that I reported issue when some of the devices are randomly getting disconnected, but ever since then, I haven't heard anything. 

Thanks,

Sai

Message 592 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @Deathjoker ,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. This may warrant its own separate thread. It seems like you are now able to access the router settings so this other issue may get lost in this thread. Mind if I move it to its own topic? I love to hear more details about it.

Best,

Christine

Message 593 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @John_H_AZ ,

Thank you for your feedback. Do you happen to have VPN services enabled on the router? Are there any specific details you can share about how your router is configured that may give us an idea of why your router isn't successfully downloading the fix?

Thank you in advance!

Christine

Message 594 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @Sailikesit , 

Please forgive the delay in responding, I can confirm your router should have received the fix. Have you rebooted your router yesterday or today? This has been known to help in most cases. 

Please let me know the result after you restart the router.

Best,

Christine

Message 595 of 654
andrewdenver
Aspirant

Hi @ChristineT 

I'm sure you have a lot going on....

I have sent you a DM multiple times without a reply.

You told me that my router would have the fix, but I have rebooted > 8 times and no fix is applied.

Can you help?
Many thanks,

Andrew

Message 596 of 654
AllHailOrbi
Guide

ok @ChristineT I'll send it to you.... hopefully this doesn't make it worse...

Message 597 of 654
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @Skimw1  and @escabar ,

If you haven't done so already please restart your router by unplugging it for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Once fully restarted please test again and let me know the results.

Thank you kindly,

Christine

Message 598 of 654
arnavdoshi
Aspirant

@ChristineT  - I sent you my serial number, please push out the fix, I do not want to factory reset my router.

Message 599 of 654
Sailikesit
Tutor

Hi @ChristineT ,

Thanks so much. I am finally able to connect to my router again. I will create a separate thread if required, if I noticed the frequent disconnections happening even after the update. 

Thanks and regards,

Sai

Message 600 of 654
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7