Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR850 We can't find your Orbi

jjoezbest
Aspirant

Christine, what is the status of the patch roll out? I have the same problem (app cannot see the Orbi) and cannot add a new device to the network. I have not received the patch.

Message 626 of 654
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @jjoezbest and @00_Jenn,

Please check your PM and get back to me as soon as possible.
I look forward to hearing from you!

Best,
Kevin
Community Team
Message 627 of 654
mandolin37
Tutor

Hello,

I went to login to my RBR850 Orbi modem today to check a setting and the admin page does NOT work (refused to connect). The armor.netgear.com website SEES the router and my attached devices.

Please advise as I do NOT want to reset my router and start the setup from scratch!

Message 628 of 654
mandolin37
Tutor

As of today, the admin login page to my RBR850 Orbi modem does NOT work (refused to connect). The armor.netgear.com website SEES the router and my attached devices.

Also, submitting a request for SUPPORT is NOT working on the Netgear Support Request page!

Please advise as I do NOT want to reset my router and start the setup from scratch!

Message 629 of 654
CrimpOn
Guru

This topic with over 600 posts provides the answer to your question.

• Yes, Netgear is 'pushing' a firmware update that will restore your access to the web administration without any effort on your part.
  • There are some reports that the router needs to be restarted (not reset).
  • People have been submitting their router serial number via a private message to @ChristineT to have the firmware pushed to them sooner than the normal process.
  • Users who are desperate to regain access to the router admin and are unwilling to wait or submit their serial number can always perform that dreaded factory reset.
Message 630 of 654
EricavH22
Guide

This morning, Mhall reported that his router and both satellites were just patched and are now showing the firmware version V4.6.8.2. With my router receiving the patch last weekend, it shows that same firmware. However, the app indicates that both satellites are still running V4.6.3.16. I have restarted them. My system, while running and accessible via the app, is still seeing much lower speeds than before this firmware issue began. Next steps, if any?
Message 631 of 654
Mhall
Guide

Sorry, I neglected to mention that my speeds appear to be normal!
Message 632 of 654
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @bwishon ,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!!!

Your S/N has been added to the list. Please refrain from putting that information in our forum.

We ask that you send it via PM for security reasons. 

Thank you for your cooperation!!!

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 633 of 654
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: RBR750 We can't find your Orbi

Hi @Wippette ,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!!!

Your S/N has been added to the list. Please refrain from putting that information in our forum.

We ask that you send it via PM for security reasons. 

Thank you for your cooperation!!!

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 634 of 654
kevothomas
Aspirant

Hello…I’ve already factory reset my Orbi RBR750 not knowing that I could’ve had you push out a patch to fix the bad firmware issue. Since factory resetting the router and satellites, some of my devices are not holding on to the Wi-Fi signal like the used to, especially my MacBook Pro, iPhone 13 and Nvidia shield. If you send out the patch will this help my situation? I can’t update the firmware as well because I keep getting an error message. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Kevin

Message 635 of 654
escabar
Aspirant

It has been nearly a week and I am still not able to access my router by web browser or by Orbi app.

I pm'ed my serial last week to Christine and have restarted my Orbi every day.

I just pm'ed KevinLit also w my serial number.

Please push the firmware fix to my router and allow a disable auto update function for all of us. -Eric

Message 636 of 654
mandolin37
Tutor

My RBR850 Orbi router was set NOT to do auto updates!  So, HOW did this happen @ChristineT ?

Message 637 of 654
ocnblue
Tutor

was there a reason why Netgear just did not roll back this update?

Message 638 of 654
greg28601
Initiate

When will we know that the patch has been pushed through, and how is that patch rolling out? Is it going out as a firmware update. If we can't communicate through the app, there is no way to check for updates.

RBR750

firmware V4.6.5.14

Message 639 of 654
corneliar
Aspirant

This is my serial for my 850 system

Message 640 of 654
jkk4_1998
Apprentice

You really need to read other posts. All the answers are there!

Message 641 of 654
CatherineW
Aspirant

Please add my RBR750 serial number to receive the patch:

Thank you.

Message 642 of 654
jkk4_1998
Apprentice

Are you serious?

Message 643 of 654
SadORBIowner
Tutor

Hello! I've read the entire thread and cannot begin to say how disappointed I am in Netgear. This whole situation is result of so many mistakes by people at Netgear and the only way people who've spent many hundreds of dollars on their Orbi gear is to stumble across this thread on the forum?! Shame on Netgear!

My RBR850 still doesn't fully work. The Orbi app is useless now and that means my Armor subscription that I'm paying for isn't being used.

I tried rebooting and even a factory reset but my RBS850 and RBR850 weren't talking. After a second longer factory reset on my RBR850 I was finally able to get into the web interface on my laptop. But the satellite wouldn't show up and the app continued to fail to connect. So, I manually flashed my RBR850 back to the only "current version" firmware available on Netgear: V4.6.3.16. The router seems fine except that the app continues to say it cannot connect and the RBS850 still doesn't connect either.

Any suggestions?

Message 644 of 654
AllHailOrbi
Guide

Have you PM'd your serial number to @ChristineT   ?  When I did she sent the patch that night and my RBR was accessible via Orbi app and via web interface the next morning.  She also sent me some firmware.  One of my RBS's didn't update (because of where it is located I think) and I had to manually reset both RBS's the next morning and update one's firmware.   I do think power cycling the RBS's one at a time, giving them a chance to turn blue before doing the next one helps.  Easy and quick and Orbi (including Armor) has been back to normal.   Good Luck!

Message 645 of 654
Josh_W
Aspirant

I still have no ability to link my satellites back back to my router. It seems like the patch has been applied but the router is all that is connected. How can I make it see the satellites again?
Message 646 of 654
escabar
Aspirant

Thank you for posting Christine. However, I am still experiencing the same issue of not being able to access my RBS by webpage or Orbi app. Have unplugged my orbi router again today for a minute, then reconnected the power cord. Could someone confirm if the firmware update to correct the current issue has been pushed to my router? -Eric

Message 647 of 654
Orbius
Aspirant

Serial number for my router is able to fix the firmaware

Message 648 of 654
FURRYe38
Guru

TO ALL USERS. DO NOT POST product serial numbers in public forums for security reasons. 

Please send your private information to @ChristineT via Private message. 

Thank you. 

Message 649 of 654
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @SadORBIowner  and  @Josh_W

Have you tried to connect an Ethernet Cable to the Orbi Satellite and to the Orbi Router? 

Kindly access router Web UI then check if you see an IP address for the Orbi Satellite when Ethernet cable is connected. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 650 of 654
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7