Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR850 We can't find your Orbi

ChristineT
Admin

Re: RBR850 We can't find your Orbi

Hello @arnavdoshi ,

It looks like your serial number has not yet been added to receive the update. I have added it just now so please check again tomorrow morning.

Best,

Christine

Message 601 of 654
arnavdoshi
Aspirant

@ChristineT  - Thank you, I will check tomorrow.

Message 602 of 654
jduree
Aspirant

@ChristineT Can you check the status of the three SN's I sent? Rebooting my primary location does not appear to fix the issue. 

Message 603 of 654
grizzly63
Initiate

@ChristineT sent my router version and serial number last night
Message 604 of 654
Mp4842
Aspirant

I have same issue
Message 605 of 654
waltP
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue.  Tried the multiple restarts suggested at:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/We-are-aware-of-an-issue-affecting-t...

Still no luck.  Other suggestions?

Message 606 of 654
bwishon
Aspirant

Hi ChristineT,

Can you push the patch to me?

Getting Unable to connect to the router error message.

Thanks,

Barry

Message 607 of 654
jkk4_1998
Apprentice

I cannot understand why it’s so hard to read these posts. You should NOT be publishing your S/N publicly. You are asking for trouble and potential hack!

Message 608 of 654
mlopezjr76
Aspirant

@ ChristineT, I sent my serial to your PM. I would like to but parental code feature but can’t since I can’t connect to router
Message 609 of 654
John_H_AZ
Aspirant

We do not have VPN enabled on the router itself... our work PCs do utilize VPN independently of the router itself.. 

Message 610 of 654
AllHailOrbi
Guide

@ChristineT  Good news - the patch you pushed last night must have worked.  I can access Orbi settings via webpage and via iOS app now.  Speed is unaffected.    Orbi reports firmware version V4.6.8.2_2.1.9.

I am going to watch tonight to see if it is still doing random reboots - they were happening at the same time every day (like 830 pm local time).

Dave

Message 611 of 654
Wippette
Aspirant

Re: RBR750 We can't find your Orbi

I tried Rebooting my router and I still cannot connect to the network on my iPhone.

Message 612 of 654
Deathjoker
Guide

@ChristineT

If the problem persists when I get my access back, maybe we should open a new thread.  Otherwise it doesn't matter as I still can't add any new devices without access to the router.  Because, you know, "192.168.0.1 refused to connect".  I was referring to the "before times".  Rebooting for the past 11 days hasn't helped.  Should I factory-reset and buy a different brand next time? 

Essentially, the core speed and function of these routers has been great.  But the issues that come when you actually have to access them have been a let-down: no manual way to install firmware, rebooting to enable whitelisted devices, and an agonizingly slow web front-end.

Message 613 of 654
jkk4_1998
Apprentice

Re: RBR750 We can't find your Orbi

For real?

Message 614 of 654
David1960
Aspirant

I gave my serial # to Christine at support. It was fixed overnight. 

Message 615 of 654
David1960
Aspirant

I gave my serial # to Christine at support. It was fixed overnight. No factory reset needed.

Message 616 of 654
FURRYe38
Guru

For Apple iOS users and Orbi app, review this to see if it helps:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/Orbi-Web-Page-and-Orbi-app-Access-Status/m-p/2227382/highl...

Message 617 of 654
Deathjoker
Guide

@David1960 - I gave my serial on the 15th.  I still can't access my router.  I only use the web interface (don't know if that makes any difference).  Maybe it's different with the phone app.  I never used the phone app because I didn't want to create a special account so Netgear could backdoor my router, and assumed if I didn't use it, they wouldn't have access.  I'm sure it was in the fine print, but obviously I was wrong.

Message 618 of 654
bwishon
Aspirant

Checked this morning and Orbi and App are playing nice together.

Thanks ChristineT!

Message 619 of 654
Mhall
Guide

Without providing any info to Christine or rebooting I was finally able to connect via. Perhaps they are confident enough in their fix to push it out to everyone! Thank you.
Message 620 of 654
AllHailOrbi
Guide

@Mhall They announced that they are slow rolling out the fix to all.  Can you report your firmware version for us?

Message 621 of 654
Mhall
Guide

V4.6.8.2
Message 622 of 654
Mhall
Guide

Both Satellites are also at v4.6.8.2
Message 623 of 654
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad they got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

@Mhall wrote:
Without providing any info to Christine or rebooting I was finally able to connect via. Perhaps they are confident enough in their fix to push it out to everyone! Thank you.

Message 624 of 654
00_Jenn
Star

@ChristineT I sent my SN on 5/17 and STILL have not received the patch, even though tons of people who submitted it since me have. I did receive a link to a patch supposedly to help my connectivity issues but it was for the wrong system (750 not 850) and I'm not going to trust a firmware patch that's either for the wrong system or mislabeled and for the right one, from a company that just bricked access to all their users' systems. I'm fuming. The "status" page is pathetic. How is it possible that this is the response to customers who have spent over $1000 on their home systems??

Message 625 of 654
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7