Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR850 network mapping error

Abu_Shahd
Tutor

RBR850 network mapping error

Hi40A51DEC-040F-4377-B0D2-C0F00A530A55.jpeg0CD6AF74-DF65-4DF3-AD72-FD6AE2508A74.jpeg

I have my RBR850  system consist of 1router +2 satellites. One satellite is located in the same floor with router and connected wirelessly,I called it my room.the 2nd satellite is located in ground floor and connected by wire to insure better signal.both are working and had devices connected to them but when I check the configuration by my app it shows the 2nd satellite is not connected. While in actual it is connected and working.see attached screenshot.

any explanation for this error please.

thanks 

Message 1 of 12
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR850 network mapping error

When the router to satellite connection is "Good", those WiFi bars between the router and satellite will be blue, not gray.

What does the Orbi web interface, Attached Devices, say about that satellite?

Message 2 of 12
Abu_Shahd
Tutor

It shows one satellite only the second one disappeared after I moved it to my office and connected to wire but still working.

745A1388-AA35-43F8-AA34-F5F7052F08E6.jpeg

Message 3 of 12
ekhalil
Master

@Abu_Shahd wrote:

........ but when I check the configuration by my app it shows the 2nd satellite is not connected. While in actual it is connected and working.see attached screenshot.

I've seen this few times in my system, but then after a while the app will update itself and will then shows the correct status.

Doesn't the status of the 2nd satellite change after a while? 🙂

Message 4 of 12
Abu_Shahd
Tutor

In my case it was showing both satellites correctly then after I moved 2nd satellite to my office and connected it with wire it disappeared from app as shown above while it is still working in actual.

Message 5 of 12
ekhalil
Master

Does the web interface show the same status as the app?

I don't see the screenshots that you posted. I think that an administrator needs to approve pictures before they show up.

Can you please send share those screenshots as attachements (not pictures). 🙂

Message 6 of 12
Abu_Shahd
Tutor

the web interface show the same status as the app

Message 7 of 12
ekhalil
Master

Sometime a while ago there was an issue when you sync a satellite wirelessly first then you connect it with cable, that somehow produced IP loops and caused issues.
I recommend you to do the following:
1. click on “disconnect” beside the bad satellite on the web GUI
2. Use a pin to press the reset on the satellite until the power LED flashes to reset the satellite.
3. Connect the cable and press the sync buttons both on the router and the satellite.
Message 8 of 12
Abu_Shahd
Tutor

before I do your suggestions, I disconnected the wire and the satellite appeared on map again the backhaul status was good on 2.4GH

Message 9 of 12
ekhalil
Master

Yes, that proves that this can be the same issue that existed some time back with the Orbi 50 series.
Message 10 of 12
Abu_Shahd
Tutor

Thanks your involvement was helpful.do you advise me to leave it as it is or try again with wire?🤔
Message 11 of 12
ekhalil
Master

If it stays on the 2.4 GHz band then it’s not a good connection. Better to use wire in that case.
If the backhaul moves to 5 GHz then that should be ok.
Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7