Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR850 - use app on a 2nd iphone / router password issue

goshann
Follower

RBR850 - use app on a 2nd iphone / router password issue

My wife wanted to access parental controls on her iphone (instead of my iphone which has the Orbi app).   When she installs the Orbi app, it is requiring a login to the Admin user.    Not sure why?  

Anyway, I thought the admin router password was still 'password' but that isn't working.   

I tried to reset the admin password through the 'orbilogin.com' by typing the router serial number, but it is asking me two security questions and apparently my answers don't match, which I find hard to believe because it is asking me the city I was born and the city my mom was born, which I always type the same.  

Anyway, how do I reset the Admin password without a factory reset?  I would prefer to not have to setup my whole home system from scratch as I have four satellites.  

Why did it require my wife's iphone app to login to the Admin account instead of letting her login using my Netgear email account?

Help is appreciated.  Thanks!  

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: RBR850 - use app on a 2nd iphone / router password issue

The netgear account login is different from the router login (sadly). 

Problem with password recover is that if you didn't set it up, it still asks the questions but there isn't a correct answer. So it just loops. 

So if you didn't set it up or don't have the questions correct, then a factory reset would be the only way back in through that route

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7