Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR852 - Web interface and Orbi iOS app v 2.6.6.3 don't show same thing, manual setting won't stick

AlohaBill77
Follower

RBR852 - Web interface and Orbi iOS app v 2.6.6.3 don't show same thing, manual setting won't stick

Router and Satellite Firmware Version V3.2.16.6_1.4.4.    Orbi iOS app v 2.6.6.3

Both show (for instance) 12 devices, but the info for several devices is different in each place. For instance, three devices show "Network-Generic" via browser to the router, but "IoT" on the app.  Also, me Ring Video Doorbell shows up with the right model number, but "IoT" on the app and "network-generic" via web browser to the router. Manually setting the device type to "doorbell" on either the app or web interface doesn't "stick" - it resets within a minute or so to whatever it was.  This seems like the basics to me - both methods should read exactly the same, and manually setting either one should quickly be reflected on the other, AND IT SHOULD STAY THAT WAY.   I understand that the software might initially mis-read a device, but once you manually correct it, there's no excuse for it to change itself back.

Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7