Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBRE960 v7.2.6.21

marks21
Aspirant

RBRE960 v7.2.6.21

I have Orbi AXE11000 Quad Band  Wi-Fi 6E router and 2 satellites [RBRE960B] [RBS960B]  

running v7.2.6.21  Orbi app on iPhone  iOS v2.31.0.195  iOS v 17.1.1 

On the app I cannot see connected devices whether I try locally connected or connected via anywhere access still same issue.

even though I cannot see devices via app \ everything is still connected and I can confirm via web access and can see the devices. 

Like all of us the app simplifies things and helps when i need to disable or enable devices as required.

I have tried on older iOS device running v15.x.x still same issue.

Things I have tried

rebooted all devices

Uninstalled and removed app from phone and downloaded new copy in case it was kept in cache on app documents and data

I have logged as bug with screen shot. 

thx

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
marks21
Aspirant

Re: RBRE960 v7.2.6.21

Hi all ,

Success with turning of Limit IP address tracking within the WIFI settings of the established connection on iOS 

I can now see connected devices again. Will monitor for now. 

I still think the Orbi app network scanner needs to be looked at how it does a discovery on the LAN if the Orbi app has been allowed on the network for browsing. As iOS , Android, etc will continue the plight of securing these devices as  limiting browsers and apps scraping IP address and bombarding with unwanted or malicious  content and reducing our digital footprint mapping.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru
marks21
Aspirant

Thanks for the info, I have tried a few things  already as I have been through document. 

Private relay - is already OFF at cloud settings

Private WIFI address is ON -  (I have had it on for quite some time with older Orbi RBR50 series 
(Turning this off makes no difference)

Limit Ip address tracking is ON. - (For known trackers in Mail and safari  according to apples help)

Apps that require special access to LAN - as they ask for access, I have approved these  as necessary based on app. This is found in following settings below which should suffice.

Not sure when this was implemented for Orbi but I do recall receiving email regarding privacy and having to allow for discovering . I remember when setup its something that has to be granted. 

Under settings\privacy &  security\Local network 

I have allowed apps that require LAN access on the network , Orbi is one of them.

If anything LIMIT IP tracking could be culprit. I have turned off and will let the devices rediscover and populate on its sweep of device on LAN it must extend further that mail/browser

Again these settings have been set on phone for quite a while. I do have a old iOS device without these settings and when tested on app same issue. Maybe the Orbi app in collecting stats and tracking has caused this issue as of recent times. 

As for turning all of these off at home is not recommended  even though  article says not required at home. As IOT devices and older devices connected to network that aren't a secure benefit from these measures.

Message 3 of 5
marks21
Aspirant

Hi all ,

Success with turning of Limit IP address tracking within the WIFI settings of the established connection on iOS 

I can now see connected devices again. Will monitor for now. 

I still think the Orbi app network scanner needs to be looked at how it does a discovery on the LAN if the Orbi app has been allowed on the network for browsing. As iOS , Android, etc will continue the plight of securing these devices as  limiting browsers and apps scraping IP address and bombarding with unwanted or malicious  content and reducing our digital footprint mapping.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7