Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Rbk53s Orbi App requests admin login but not recognizing your password

Rbk53s Orbi App requests admin login but not recognizing your password

My Orbi app stopped storing my admin login and password to use the app and nothing I did made any difference. I had stopped trying solutions the last couple of months. However, today I clicked the app just to see if it somehow corrected itself. When I opened the Orbi app I noticed I had selected the slide bar “remember me”. I slid it to off and used the password I knew I had selected but the app stopped recognizing no matter what I used before.
I don’t know if this will help anyone but I’m posting just in case because I always choose remember login on frequently used apps but had never had the issue of it not actually recognizing my password.
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi kathscott1212, 

Have you had a moment to try using the default admin password? The default credentials are listed below. 

Username: admin

Password: password

Regards,

Christian 

Message 2 of 4

Thank you Christian for your response. Yes I tried that many times however, I have to think since I had selected “remember me” and had changed the password it wouldn’t take my password or the admin password. When I slid the slide to off and entered the password I had changed it to it then allowed me to log in under admin but with my password. It was a very frustrating number of days and I finally gave up for a long while. I don’t know why I tried again recently but thought to slide that remember me to off but for whatever reason it worked.
I appreciate your time.
Kathy
Message 3 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Kathy ,

Thanks for confirming. I'll have the feedback forwarded to the teams. In the meantime, you may also try reinstalling the app and performing a factory reset on your router and running through the setup assistant again. If you perform a factory reset you will need to use the default credentials to login. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7