Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rebooted RBR750 and I cannot access parental controls anymore

Killbot_Nemesis
Initiate

Rebooted RBR750 and I cannot access parental controls anymore

Good Morning.

I have been having issues controlling my Orbi RBR750 mesh system through the app (App version 2.17.0.171 Firmware ver. V4.6.8.2) the past few days. I just factory reset per the message on the community site and now I have connectivity again through the app and ip address to do router administration.

However, I subscribed to the parental controls through the app in in March 2022 but when I try to activate it again, I get the Smart Parental Control Activation failed error message (SPC-ACT-FAIL). I cannot even go into the Device Manager without having the SPC Activation fail. After I close out the error screen, I can see the profiles we created but it says 0 devices in all of them. Then a new error comes up that says, "Could not reach the server. Try again later (code: CDIL-API-FAIL)." All the devices we use on a regular basis have internet connectivity so far, but my fear is that the parental controls we have for our children (i.e. blocking internet connectivity at a certain days and time) will not go into effect. 

Is there a fix out there that can get the SPC Activation to happen? 

Thank you for your time.

KBNem

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Rebooted RBR750 and I cannot access parental controls anymore

Try contacting support. 

To get a hold of support for subscriptions services like Armor/Circle, click on "MyNetgear" at the top.
Register an account (or login) and then the device.
From there you can start the support process.
Click on: My Support---->Contact Support---->Get help with my subscription service

Message 2 of 4
Killbot_Nemesis
Initiate

Thanks for getting back to me Plemans. I did get a hold of customer service and they were able to activate my account. Bummer that all my devices got removed from the profiles and I was able to put them back in. 

Unfortunately, as soon as I was done, I got another CDIL-API-FAIL error and all the devices have been removed again. I submitted another ticket. Hopefully they will find a fix for this soon.

Thanks again for the assist!

KBN

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

shoot, another error. they'll probably just recommend another reset (which is what got you in this mess in the first place)

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7