Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router not supported

SteveB631
Aspirant

Router not supported

My RBR20 is connected to a CM1000 modem. I use the Orbi app to remote into the network and monitor connected devices.
Recently I went to connect and got the device not supported notice.
I have erased and reinstalled app. I have connected locally, logged into the app but was directed to website to reinstall app. Eventually I realized this wasn’t working and gave up. I still cannot remote access on app. I still cannot use the app for my model RBR20. I think the most recent firmware update has discontinued this feature for my model.
Confirm if this is true and is there a work around or not. Thanks.
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Router not supported

@SteveB631 wrote:
My RBR20 is connected to a CM1000 modem. I use the Orbi app to remote into the network and monitor connected devices.
I have erased and reinstalled app. I have connected locally, logged into the app but was directed to website to reinstall app. Eventually I realized this wasn’t working and gave up. I still cannot remote access on app. I still cannot use the app for my model RBR20. I think the most recent firmware update has discontinued this feature for my model.

Would be helpful if you can provide more details:

• Exactly which firmware version is on this RBR20?
  • Can you make a screen shot of the "not supported" notice?
    Use the Browse button in the lower left of the screen to attach it, not the Photos icon, please.
  • After reinstalling the app (iPhone or Android?) and successfully logging into the app using (which credentials? Netgear account login or Orbi web interface "admin" + password?) what is the URL of the web site that it redirected to?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

@SteveB631 wrote:

Would be helpful if you can provide more details:

• Exactly which firmware version is on this RBR20?
  • Can you make a screen shot of the "not supported" notice?
    Use the Browse button in the lower left of the screen to attach it, not the Photos icon, please.
  • After reinstalling the app (iPhone or Android?) and successfully logging into the app using (which credentials? Netgear account login or Orbi web interface "admin" + password?) what is the URL of the web site that it redirected to?
Message 2 of 3
SteveB631
Aspirant

Thanks for your response. I went back and while logged in on the LAN I updated my router firmware and that did the trick. I don’t know what happened except that the firmware was outdated. Once I removed myself from the LAN I logged into the Orbi app and it now allows me to remote access the network so all is well and good.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7