Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Sliders for disabling device not shown

grole
Aspirant

Sliders for disabling device not shown

I've recently installed an Orbi network and everything is working just fine. I noticed that some features of the app are missing. I believe I've opted out of the Armor security feature, that's probably why I'm not seeing the "security" option? Also, I haven't installed Circle so that's why I'm not seeing parental controls?

That's all fine, but I'd like to be able to turn of devices. When I open the Device Manager, I see the devices but the sliders to turn them on and off are missing. I believe I saw them at some point during setup, but I can't figure out how to activate them?

I've tried re-installing the app, no difference.

Thanks in advance.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
grole
Aspirant

Re: Sliders for disabling device not shown

Ok I just tried to activate Circle for parental controls, and it says it won't work because I'm using AP mode. I suspect that's also why I'm not seeing the sliders?

I'm using AP mode because, although everything was working, the app told me I wasn't connected to the internet and everything was red. I found out that with my router (O2 Homebox) I need to use AP mode for proper operation. Is it really not possible to have both features?

Message 2 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Sliders for disabling device not shown

Hi grole, 

Welcome to the community! Please check out the article linked below on disabled features when the Orbi is in AP mode. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000061277/Disabled-Features-on-the-Orbi-when-set-to-AP-Mode

Christian 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7