Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

The app cannot find my system

shazam501
Tutor

The app cannot find my system

I have tried all of the reccomended solutions to get the app to see my router including with my ISP and Apple. My internet is clearly online and all of my devices are connected via the RBR850. I have Armor but am not getting any notifications. All systems are up to date. The app worked fine until yesterday 5/10/22.

The router is hardwired to my ARRIS modem and I have 3 satellites which may seem extreme but we have a large outdoor living area with several tv's and bluetooth speakers.

Please advise.

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 7
eelhead
Aspirant

Re: The app cannot find my system

Replying, just to add that I cannot access it as well and also via a web browser. Though I am clearly online 

Message 2 of 7
plemans
Guru

We've seen a lot or reports lately on the app not working. 

Especially on apple systems. 

Some were fixed by disabling icloud relay and private mac/ip address. 

others had to factory reset. 

And some have elected to wait and see if an app update or firmware update resolves the issue. 

Luckily most people can still log in through the browser and access the router for changes. 

Kind of up to you what route you'd like to try. 

Message 3 of 7
shazam501
Tutor

Are you saying factory reset of the Orbi? I did that yesterday then tried to re-install with no change. I deleted the app, again, and will wait another day before trying  again. I'm frustrated as I pay for Armor due to working from home but with the app not responding, I am not getting any notifications when I enter 3rd party sites like I normally get. 

Message 4 of 7
plemans
Guru

if you pay for armor, you can contact netgear about their subscription services. You might not have support on the router but the subscription service you should. 

To get a hold of support for subscriptions services like Armor/Circle, click on "MyNetgear" at the top.
Register an account (or login) and then the device.
From there you can start the support process.
Click on: My Support---->Contact Support---->Get help with my subscription service

Message 5 of 7
shazam501
Tutor

Thank you! 

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a reset and setup from scratch on the RBR with a wire PC or laptop and web browser first. Once it's fully setup that way, 

Try accessing the RBR using Orbi app. If your Apple device user, disable these on the Apple device first before launching Orbi app;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-p/222...

Im able to access my RBR with my Iphone ok:

IMG_0992.PNG

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7