Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

To use Access Control, please use the Orbi App.

madben
Aspirant

To use Access Control, please use the Orbi App.

I used to be able to choose whether I want to block or allow new devices from accessing the network under Advances-->Securities-->Access Control. But now it shows the following message only. Why can't I access the access control feature from the web interface anymore?

"To use Access Control, please use the Orbi App."

I checked some previous posts for the similar question. It is probably because I clicked on Parent Control Trial, but it doesn't make sense to me that the standard free feature will be removed because of subscription of Parent Control.

Thanks in advance for your help.

By the way, below is the firmware version:

V4.6.8.2_2.1.9

Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Re: To use Access Control, please use the Orbi App.

Not sure what orbi you have but my RBKE963 still allows me to use the access control feature through the browser

Message 2 of 9
madben
Aspirant

@plemans thanks for your reply. My router is RBR750. The access control page changed after I started the parent control trial. 

Did you prescribe the parent control service or have you started trial?

Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

I don't currently use parental controls. 

Message 4 of 9
madben
Aspirant

That explains why you can stilll use the access control page, because you are not using the parent control feature on your app.

Is there anyway to turn on "don't allow new devices to join network"? Many phones nowadays allow private access to Wifi, which means kids can just rejoin the wifi network with a different faked Mac address, and the router would treat it as a new device regardless the restrictions set up in parent control.
Message 5 of 9

Hi @madben ,

After you activate the SPC trial, you have to wait the SPC trial expired then you can use access control again.

Message 6 of 9
madben
Aspirant

Thanks for the information. I don't think it is fair for the customers who signed the trial to lose the capability of turning on or off new devices (whether new devices can join the network). I guess I'll have to wait unfortunately. Hope it works after the trial period ends.

Message 7 of 9
plemans
Guru

You could always try factory resetting the router. Or waiting out the trial

Message 8 of 9
TtownOK
Aspirant

I am in this same boat. Unfortunately, I signed up for a year of Parental Controls. I called tech support and they are supposed to call me back with how to not allow new devices to connect. After reading this thread, I may be out of luck since I have the Parental Controls subscription.

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7