Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

To use Access Control, please use the Orbi App

skibi
Follower

To use Access Control, please use the Orbi App

“To use Access Control, please use the Orbi app” a new note that show up now when trying to change settings on the Access Control section in the GUI… I cant no longer activate the option of Access Control with “Block newly connected devices” and no where in the app I cant find this long time function available Orbi and Nighthawk routers… There was a recent update that remove that from the GUI to forced us to use the app? (side note, the option is not on the app either, latest version).

ORBI RBE971 WiFi 7 Black Edition

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: To use Access Control, please use the Orbi App

All Access controls are done thru the Orbi app on phones and pads now.

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

This may be one of those strange situations.

I have one RBR50 and one RBR750 and both routers clearly provide Access Control in the Security menu of the Advanced Tab of the Orbi web interface.

Smart Parental Controls (SPC) and Bitdefender Armor have never been enabled on either of these routers. 

The RBRE970 is a totally new product.  Page 54 of the User Manual goes into detail about how to use Access Control:

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBE973S/RBE971_RBE970_UM.pdf 

I did not read every word in the user manual, but nowhere did I find a disclaimer, "just joking.  this doesn't work. you have to use the Orbi 'app'. ")

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Was sort of expecting to hear whether SPC and/or Armor are enabled on this new system?

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7