Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Turn Off RBK20 during night

acimitan
Tutor

Turn Off RBK20 during night

Can I turn off the power to the router during the night? I'm using a clock switch for limit sleep exposures
and I don't know if RBK20 device has a memory to keep the saved settings. Thk you

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes the RBR keeps settings. Though wifi radio signals are not harmful to humans unless you have the RBR or RBS right next to you. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes the RBR keeps settings. Though wifi radio signals are not harmful to humans unless you have the RBR or RBS right next to you. 

Message 2 of 7
acimitan
Tutor

thanks for your answer, I read some scientific studies have found that continuous exposures 8h/day near device causes sleep disturbances and other problems for healt, so the wifi device will be installed 3 meters away from head, not in bedroom but in house corridor, separated with only plasterboard wall

Message 3 of 7

@acimitan wrote:

thanks for your answer, I read some scientific studies have found that continuous exposures 8h/day near device causes sleep disturbances and other problems for healt, so the wifi device will be installed 3 meters away from head, not in bedroom but in house corridor, separated with only plasterboard wall

Where were those "scientific studies"? That is an easy claim to throw around, but there are often about as reliable as the "scientific studies" quoted by the antivaxxers.

Message 4 of 7
acimitan
Tutor

I'm italian, see attachment.

There are recommended exposure limits but what happens for exposures of lower intensity for times of 8h/day for 20 years? I've a 8 years old daughter and it's easy to understand the alarm bell... 

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend you install the Orbi much farther away from peoples heads if your that concerned about wifi signals and health. Tyr 10 meters from normal positions from where people will be sitting for long periods of time. 

Also you can turn down the power output of Orbi wifi signals as well. 

Would be nice to have something in English. Not everyone knows Italian. 

@acimitan wrote:

Message 6 of 7
Lucierut
Aspirant

I agree, I can also feel the difference and am highly emf sensitive. My body doesn’t do well with long or strong exposures. People call me crazy but even if you put a plant next to it it’ll wither. Emf literally damages cells and thus replicates unhealthy and damaged ones.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7