Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to Login to Orbi App

Yatheesh
Initiate

Unable to Login to Orbi App

Hi, 

I am unable to login to Orbi app. Getting error "Unable to add your device. Your device did not receive push notification. Check your internet connection". 

My phone is connected to internet. I disabled 4G/Radio and kept WIFI on. 

Deleted the app and reinstalled and followed the steps as well. Tried this on a new phone and getting the same error. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 15

Accepted Solutions
Yatheesh
Initiate

Folks,

I spoke to the Netgear support team post waiting for  an hour & a half on the callSmiley Sad

This is a known bug in Orbi mobile app for IOS 14 and their technical team is looking in to this. There is workaround for this is..

1. Open the Orbi app and login providing your credientials

2. Sign in using two factor authentication

3. During step to trust the mobile device, click on dont trust and proceed

4. You will be able to get in to the Orbi app.

This is working for me and I can access the Orbi model features using Orbi mobile app. Trust this helps..

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 15

All Replies
Flfcosta
Aspirant

I am facing the same issue.
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 15
Overapint
Initiate

Same issue here. On iPhone-iOS 14. Deleted app, reinstalled, tried all the connectivity combinations (WiFi/no cellular, etc.). No joy no matter what I try.

I was able to add my iPad-iOS 14 as a trusted device on the first try. 

Message 3 of 15
smccabe
Aspirant

Same. I've used the app for years and today it won't work. 😞 

Message 4 of 15
Robiunc
Aspirant

I’m having the exact same issue.
Message 5 of 15
the6family
Initiate

Same problem. First the app wouldn't work for "easy" network setup. Had to do setup via computer instead.

Reinstalled app, got the 2-step verification code, but won't add my iPhone as a trusted device because it did not receive the push notification.

Netgear, please help! This has been a very time consuming, frustrating network setup already.

Message 6 of 15
Stev3D
Luminary

Exactly same situation here. Tried everything all of you have tried with the same outcome. Glad it isn’t just me (sorry, but misery loves company). And, yes, I did permit the app access to devices on my local network.

I hope someone from Netgear reads this.
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 7 of 15
ChrisKing
Guide

I am also getting the same problem with Push Notification, I tried that too last night. 

The main problem is I cant get the app to allow me to connect (unless I use Anywhere Connect) even with the latest App version 2.6.4.13, and I have deleted it and the settings (saved data) and reinstalled it twice since. 

The main problem is the Option to enable Local Networks is not there even though the app tries to direct you to it. 

Message 8 of 15
Yatheesh
Initiate

Folks,

I spoke to the Netgear support team post waiting for  an hour & a half on the callSmiley Sad

This is a known bug in Orbi mobile app for IOS 14 and their technical team is looking in to this. There is workaround for this is..

1. Open the Orbi app and login providing your credientials

2. Sign in using two factor authentication

3. During step to trust the mobile device, click on dont trust and proceed

4. You will be able to get in to the Orbi app.

This is working for me and I can access the Orbi model features using Orbi mobile app. Trust this helps..

Message 9 of 15
SierraQ
Aspirant

FYI this also happens on IOS 13. As with 14 I can get in with a temporary code and pretend to be an untrusted device. Once inside you can't delete the trusted device to "start over" but you can disable two-factor oddly enough. I don't think this would matter anyway because it seems like Netgear cannot push anything to their app perhaps due to this IOS bug.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 10 of 15
Aseva
Aspirant

The suggested fix of having my device as untrusted to get into the app...just doesn’t work for me on two different devices. Anyone else have another suggestion to get the app to work? This is maddening
Message 11 of 15
patricktwaugh
Aspirant

I am having the same issue, what used to work great on both my iPad and Iphone, now isn't working on either. I can't connect to my router, and if I uninstall it wont recognize this device. I have tried the above solution and i bypass the trusted device screen, but it still won't connect to my router.

I am techincally still connected to my internet, but we are having some internet issues and I cannot access the router to figure them out.

I have two students and two teachers trying to do Distance Learning right now, and I can't have internet being  a problem

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 12 of 15
lang4162
Aspirant

I called again using paid support.  The fix for my iphone is not available for my ipad.  The ORBI app flaw is device specific. The current workaround for the ipad is, while signed on to the ORBI network, access the device by signing in at http://www.orbilogin.net using, for me at least, the username "admin" and my account password. This allowed me access to an entire range of settings including remote rebooting and speed testing. Not as slick as the app with a fingerprint read. The tech states this is a flaw in the ORBI ios app which is planned for a yet unannounced update. He also stated that internal settings have to be updated with iOS 14 being installed and might require another tech support call.  YIKES.

Larry

Message 13 of 15
afff50v2
Guide

that worked!  finally...  

so crazy - hope they get this fixed soon.  

Message 14 of 15
Stev3D
Luminary

Sharing this so others might benefit:  There are a lot of threads addressing the same problem, and based on what I read elsewhere, I did the following:

Deleted all Netgear apps from my iPhone

Shut down and restarted the iPhone

Gave it 24 hours

Rebooted (power cycled) the router

Installed the Orbi app fresh

And then it asked me if I wanted to allow local network access, gave it permission, and after that everything worked as it should. Prior to this, it didn't ask for access permission (which it should under iOS 14) and because it didn't ask, it didn't appear on the list so that I could not grant it access.

The app has a few bugs that Netgear should address soon (it should not be this hard).

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 13 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7