Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to login to orbi app credentials not accepted

Knowknot0
Guide

Unable to login to orbi app credentials not accepted

Will not accept credentials that are successfully used with orbilogin.com. Samsung S10 phone. Uninstalled/reinstalled app, no luck. App will not allow press of FORGOT PASSWORD? button.
Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 15

Accepted Solutions
knowknot
Aspirant

I resolved the issue in the following way:
Log into the router with a web browser. Change the login password for the router. Reboot the router. Again, with a browser, double-check that you can log in using the new password. If that works then try the app once again. This procedure worked for me. I hope you are successful with this.
Knowknot0

View solution in original post

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 13 of 15

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

@Knowknot0 wrote:
Will not accept credentials that are successfully used with orbilogin.com. Samsung S10 phone. Uninstalled/reinstalled app, no luck. App will not allow press of FORGOT PASSWORD? button.

The Orbi "app" uses a Netgear account login, not the Orbi web interface login.  Please try the same credentials used to access the community forum.

Message 2 of 15
Knowknot0
Guide

The Orbi app has admin as user name. It does not allow this field to be changed. Therefore it cannot be requesting my Netgear login.
Message 3 of 15
CrimpOn
Guru

@Knowknot0 wrote:
The Orbi app has admin as user name. It does not allow this field to be changed. Therefore it cannot be requesting my Netgear login.

I think we have a miscommunication.  I just now installed the Orbi "app" on an Android phone and took screen shots of the opening screen and the login screen. (see attached)

The opening screen clearly offers a choice of

• Sign into an existing account, or
  • Create a new account

I chose sign into an existing account (circled in red) and got the login screen.

The login screen asks for:

• Email address and
  • Password

"admin" is not already filled in, nor is it a valid email address.  It does not want the Orbi web interface login of "admin" and the admin password.

Looking at this more closely, I realize that when a person creates a new Orbi account, it could be any email address.  When I originally loaded the Orbi app, I used my existing Netgear account credentials.

So, I am unable to reproduce the situation you are describing.  Sorry.

Message 4 of 15
Knowknot0
Guide

Thanks for trying. My situation happens after this point. When I go to the dashboard it requests a login with admin credentials. That is the point where my login fails.
Message 5 of 15
CrimpOn
Guru

@Knowknot0 wrote:
Thanks for trying. My situation happens after this point. When I go to the dashboard it requests a login with admin credentials. That is the point where my login fails.

Oh, darn.  "dashboard"??  Can you make a screenshot?  I do not see anything in my Orbi app labeled "dashboard".

Message 6 of 15
Knowknot0
Guide

Here is a screenshot of the authentication request. Hope you can duplicate the problem.
Thanks you for your efforts.
Message 7 of 15
CrimpOn
Guru

Got it.  This is definitely the Orbi web interface login credentials.  (what would be entered when web browsing to http://orbilogin.net)

Can you log directly into the Orbi using a web browser (not the "app")?  After three rejected logins, Orbi will bring up a Password Recovery page which needs the router serial number (from the product label) and answers to two security questions.

Message 8 of 15
Knowknot0
Guide

Sorry, it's not working that way in the app. After 4 or 5 failed login attempts I get a message that I must wait 30 seconds before trying again. After that it just repeats. 4 or 5 failures and a warning to wait 30 seconds before trying again. Never a method to change or recover the password.
I can login successfully through the web at orbilogin.net.
Message 9 of 15
CrimpOn
Guru

That "Forgot Password" button doesn't do anything?

Message 10 of 15
Knowknot0
Guide

The "FORGOT PASSWORD" button is non responsive.
Message 11 of 15
dbillman
Tutor

Knownot0,

I have the same stupid problem. Did you get it resolved? I was having problems with the app showing satellite connections so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Now I have the same issue you stated, User Name is already filled in as admin and the password that is accepted by my tablet and my computer is refused by the app. It's so frustrating. The app is now useless.

Message 12 of 15
knowknot
Aspirant

Log into the router with a web browser. Change the login password for the router. Reboot the router. Again, with a browser, double-check that you can log in using the new password. If that works then try the app once again. This procedure worked for me. I hope you are successful with this.
Knowknot0
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 13 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. 

@knowknot wrote:
Knowknot0

Message 14 of 15
knowknot
Aspirant

RESOLVED!
Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 5 in conversation