Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to pause internet access using Orbi - RBK753S-100NAS

neophytenet
Aspirant

Unable to pause internet access using Orbi - RBK753S-100NAS

Orbi - RBK753S-100NAS

I got Orbi - RBK753S-100NAS (Router + 2 Satellites) and overall, works. Installed the Orbi app IOS device.

but, I cannot get the device manager  "Pause/Resume" function to work.

I am able to change the switch on/off but I am not able to pause the internet access, the device continues to get internet access even after pausing the internet access from Orbi App. 

Chat support asked me to resinatll the app that was not much help.

Any suggestions would be welcome,

Cheers.

Message 1 of 50
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello neophytenet, 

May you provide us with the current firmware version your Orbi units are currently on along with the Orbi app version you have installed. 

Thanks,
Christian 

Message 2 of 50
neophytenet
Aspirant

Orbi units firmware version : V3.2.15.25
Orbi App version: 2.5.2.1

Thanks.
Message 3 of 50
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi neophytenet, 

Thanks for confirming. May you perform a factory reset on your Orbi units and run through the setup assistant again. 

Christian 

Message 4 of 50
biketoad
Initiate

I am have the same issue. Have tried flashing router and satellite and factory resetting them. What i've found is that when I pause a device using mobile app it does kill new connections from being established but does not stop streaming connections. Anything I can do to kill active connections to that device?

Message 5 of 50
jjpank
Tutor

Did you find a resolution to this?  I cannot use my Orbi iOS app to pause the internet for my devices either.  I can toggle the "pause" switch, but it does nothing, the devices still get internet connectivity. (RBR750)

Message 6 of 50
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Orbi Users, 

Our engineering team is aware of the issue and is currently investigating. We currently do not have any further details at the moment. I will be sure to update the thread as soon as I can. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 7 of 50
CTspurs10
Initiate

Has this been resolved yet or any updates? I set my new mesh system up a month ago and have never been able to pause the internet on any device. swiping the slider  on my iPhone has no effect on any of the connected devices

Message 8 of 50
Zetatron
Initiate

I am also having the same issue and the chat was absolutely no help whatsoever. Being able to pause devices is one of the main reasons I bought this router. For one, I can stop my kids from using the internet at night and two I was hoping to free up some bandwidth on devices when we play online games. Please let us know what’s going on ASAP...
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 9 of 50
Dbjr
Initiate

Having the same issue of not being able to pause since the latest updates. I want to be able to pause at night. Kids are on their devices while we are sleeping.
Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 10 of 50
Dbjr
Initiate

Has there been any updates to where you can pause internet access through the Orbi app? That functions was working before the last updates.
Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 11 of 50
Dougie360
Star

I have same exact issue with my Wifi 6 router  RBR850 and sattelites

Firmware:V3.2.15.25_1.3.15

App version 2.6.0.12

"Pause" funtion has no effect on wifi connectivity on devices.  My kids can keep on playing Fortnite.  When will you ENABLE this feature?

Message 12 of 50
Spec3
Initiate

Recently purchased the Orbi 753 and CM1100 at Costco and need the ability to pause specific devices. Got it all set up and found this thread while researching the issue with the pause not functioning. Disappointed. Hope this is resolved within the next two weeks or it’s all being returned.
Message 13 of 50
Crozzer
Guide

Glad I found this thread. This was working fine until about 2 weeks ago. No software upgrade done, app deleted and reinstalled and Rbr20 and 2 x satellites restarted. Still no joy.
Message 14 of 50
dsro1969
Initiate

I am having the same FORTNITE issue.  Once my son is on and streaming his game, you can not shut the internet off to his device (xbox) using the toggle switch.  It only works prior to the xbox being booted up which is very frustrating.  It's not just gaming either, we have Roku's, laptops, Alexa's, etc connected to the network and unless I toggle those off before in use, it won't cut Internet access while in use.  One note, if you are running your OrbI in access point mode, the toggle switches will be disabled.  I had my orbi in access mode and used my ISP's network manager app (ATT Smart Home) and am able to turn off devices with that app.  The problem is, I don't want to use Orbi in access point mode for other reasons so when I'm back in router mode and having the same issues you all are having - FRUSTRATING!

On a side note, when I'm trying to list my device from the dropdown menu above, the Orbi RBR753 is not listed, nor is the RBR 750 or AX 4000 which I believe are all the same device.  For a technology company, Netgear seems to have some a lot of technical difficulties!!!!

Message 15 of 50
leosclam
Initiate

This is unacceptable. If it doesn't work, just stop advertising it. It's almost false advertising at this point. This has been going on for a very long time. For some reason, Netgear refuses to acknowledge it.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 16 of 50
Gorero
Aspirant

I am having the same issues after the latest firmware update!
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 17 of 50
DJH2020
Initiate

Same issue on my Orbi Ultra-Performance Mesh WiFi System - AX6000 (RBK853). 

I spent 3 times what I would have spent on other Mesh systems. This is very disappointing. 

Message 18 of 50
JusticeQD
Aspirant

Same issue here. My google wifi did this seamlessly and at only 209 bucks.
Message 19 of 50
TopSpin80
Initiate

We need this feature enabled, I am getting very frusturated.  I bought this package for this feature and it no longer works.

Message 20 of 50
Txtech77
Guide

Is this really still not fixed??
Message 21 of 50
Dougie360
Star

Hi Christian, it’s been 4 months now. Can we get a status on this?
Message 22 of 50
Nacruta
Initiate

HOW HAS THIS STILL NOT BEEN RESOLVED?????
Message 23 of 50
mvt63
Initiate

Model: RBK752

Firmware: V3.2.16.6_1.4.4

Date of Purchase: 11/24/2020

We purchased this router largely for the parental controls after reading the reviews.  We were really disappointed that this newest Orbi model does not HAVE partental controls and today we found out that pausing a device doesn't work either (existing streams remain open).

Is there any target date for when this router will have any parental controls - give me anything!

Message 24 of 50
Dougie360
Star

all of a sudden, it seems that I can pause the internet on specific devices now.  Not sure when that changed.  Didn't see any updates.  But glad it works for now.

Message 25 of 50
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7