Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to pause internet access using Orbi - RBK750

Txtech77
Guide

Re: Unable to pause internet access using Orbi - RBK753S-100NAS

Still doesn’t work on the Ax6000 Orbi. Would be surprised if it all of the sudden started working.
Message 26 of 50
mvt63
Initiate

No response from Netgear so I returned my Orbi to the store and bought a WiFi 6 from another vendor.  Pretty disappointed - the speed was good but lack of parental controls and inability to pause devices was a show stopper.  

Message 27 of 50
Crozzer
Guide

Pause seems to be working now however, I have to select it 2, sometimes 3 times to pause and un-pause for it to work. I have done not sw upgrades. Very random !

Message 28 of 50
Dlc84
Aspirant

I have the same issue. It seems it only happens to the latest Orbi WiFi router. I had a rbk50 and it worked just fine for the last 5 years. After upgrading to rbk753, I can no longer pause WiFi to a device. Very frustrating!!!
Message 29 of 50
Markedly
Guide

Still an issue as far as I can see. Can't pause the kids tablets from my Android app.

RBR850 and RBS850
Message 30 of 50
JC1234
Aspirant

Even with the new Parental Controls, I’ve assigned devices to kids and cannot pause them. This feature is broken and maybe enough reason to buy a different non-Netgear router
Message 31 of 50
RBPhotos
Aspirant

This started not too long ago. I have uninstalled the app and even the router I have started the whole process over again. Not to mention I paid for the yearly parental feature which is now useless because the app does not pause when it should.
Message 32 of 50
FURRYe38
Guru

What model Orbi do you have?

FW version loaded on it?

I would reach out to NG support and ask for help on this. 

@Blanca_O @DarrenM @ChristineT 

@RBPhotos wrote:
This started not too long ago. I have uninstalled the app and even the router I have started the whole process over again. Not to mention I paid for the yearly parental feature which is now useless because the app does not pause when it should.

Message 33 of 50
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @RBPhotos

Please provide the model number and firmware version of your Orbi System. 

Is there any error message? 

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 34 of 50
RBPhotos
Aspirant

Firmware Version
V4.6.5.14_2.0.54

RBK750 with 2 RBS750 satellites

Windows 10 

This is in regards to the parental controls and not through the individual devices.

Message 35 of 50
tweath
Aspirant

Please contact me as well. I used to be able to pause internet access on specific devices and it no longer works.
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 36 of 50
Dltickle3011
Aspirant

Same issue that I can’t switch off kids internet

Firmware v4 6.3.16

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 37 of 50
FURRYe38
Guru

I would make contact with a forum moderator regarding this:

@Blanca_O 

@Dltickle3011 wrote:
Same issue that I can’t switch off kids internet

Firmware v4 6.3.16

Message 38 of 50
eeyore135
Aspirant

I have the RBR850 v4.6.3.16, and there are no updates. I am having the same issue, and paid for the 1 year parental controls just to be able to do this.
Message 39 of 50
FURRYe38
Guru

I would make contact with a forum moderator regarding this:

@Blanca_O

@eeyore135 wrote:
I have the RBR850 v4.6.3.16, and there are no updates. I am having the same issue, and paid for the 1 year parental controls just to be able to do this.

Message 40 of 50
bkjendal
Aspirant

I am having the same issue.  Like many of you, purchased the premium subscription to the parental controls for this purpose.  Set up multiple profiles, one for each of my kids' devices.  Pausing devices or profiles does nothing. When "paused" it also doesn't track history or usage, so really pointless.  I have the RBR753 mesh system. Firmware: V4.6.5.14_2.0.54.  Devices are mostly macbooks running up to date macOS. I'm controlling this through my iphone app, also all up to date.  I haven't been able to figure out how to message a forum moderator about this.  Thank you.  

Ben

Message 41 of 50

@bkjendal wrote:

I am having the same issue.  Like many of you, purchased the premium subscription to the parental controls for this purpose.  Set up multiple profiles, one for each of my kids' devices.  Pausing devices or profiles does nothing. When "paused" it also doesn't track history or usage, so really pointless.  

Have you tried this issue over in the places where they support these subscription services?

NETGEAR Smart Home Parental Controls - NETGEAR Communities

These things are a complicated interaction of apps, hardware, firmware and the service itself.  Try all channels.

You are paying for this service after all.

I have the RBR753 mesh system. Firmware:

That's probably RBK753, in which case pester them here:

Orbi - NETGEAR Communities

Message 42 of 50
Caledhwa
Aspirant

I plan on contacting the Better Business Bureau and opening up a consumer protection case because the Parental Controls I paid for do not actually pause any devices. RBR850 - v4.6.3.16

Message 43 of 50
CrimpOn
Guru

@bkjendal wrote:

I am having the same issue.  Like many of you, purchased the premium subscription to the parental controls for this purpose.  Set up multiple profiles, one for each of my kids' devices.  Pausing devices or profiles does nothing. When "paused" it also doesn't track history or usage, so really pointless.  I have the RBR753 mesh system. Firmware: V4.6.5.14_2.0.54.  Devices are mostly macbooks running up to date macOS. I'm controlling this through my iphone app, also all up to date.  I haven't been able to figure out how to message a forum moderator about this.  

Ben

(I have not enabled Parental Controls, but.....) It would seem to me that when a device is "Paused" there should be nothing to track. (unless "Paused" has some other meaning).  This sounds as if Parental Controls believes the device is paused and is not aware that it is not paused?

Forum moderators have a 'capital N' after their screen name.  Click on the screen name and then select the option to "Send a Private Message", as in @Blanca_O .

Message 44 of 50
netengineer1
Aspirant

I have an RBR850 with a satellite. Firmware v4. 6.7.13 and it won't pause an iPod touch. I even tried and added the parental controls because I figured they were trying to nickel and dime you and that didn't even work. Very frustrating!
Message 45 of 50
CrimpOn
Guru

@netengineer1 wrote:
I have an RBR850 with a satellite. Firmware v4. 6.7.13 and it won't pause an iPod touch

Could you please give more detail about which method was used to 'Pause' the iPod?

On my ancient RBR50, I just now used the Orbi 'app' to Pause an Android phone by moving the Pause/Resume slider to the left, so the color went from green to grey.  Instantly, the phone lost internet.  Web browser would not connect to web sites. Other apps failed with one complaint or another. The phone could not 'ping' the Orbi router.  The WiFi "bars" symbol at the top of the page suddenly showed a tiny 'x' on it.  Moved the slider back to the right (green), and the phone works as normal.

Maybe iPods are immortal and cannot die?

Message 46 of 50
CrimpOn
Guru

or..... Maybe the RBR750 is just "NRTSed"  (An Army abbreviation meaning Not Repairable This Station.)

Nah.  This is such a basic function that has been around on every Orbi router since the beginning.  It's something else.

Message 47 of 50
GaryC2022
Aspirant

I’m not able to pause anything either and I upgraded mesh for this. Haven’t been that impressed with this sustem so far. WiFi always drops on my phone too
Message 48 of 50
wegunterjr
Guide

old thread, but closest to my problem.  Does setup affect this?

I have a main router, then I have the Orbi - the main router is providing DHCP and the Orbi is just an access point.

RBR50

Router Firmware Version
V2.7.4.24

I can see devices listed, but there is no pause button (switch) anymore...

Message 49 of 50
CrimpOn
Guru

Pausing internet access is a router function.  Access Points do not have this capability.

Message 50 of 50
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7