Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Update to 2.5.3.108 no longer shows satellite connection status accurately

Surge74
Aspirant

Update to 2.5.3.108 no longer shows satellite connection status accurately

The recent firmware update to 2.5.3.108 has caused my 2 Satellites to no longer show as connected in the NETGEAR Insight App. Sometimes they show as connected, but most of the time they show as not connected.
However, they are connected in reality.

Sometimes the main page in the app which shows the Main unit’s status says the Satellites are not connected, but when you click on the Satellites page they show as connected!

The main unit is in AP mode. SRR60

Overall, I’m fairly disappointed with Netgear, they can’t really get the basics right. The Support tech’s advice was to just go back to the previous firmware. That’s not a solution! They should not have broken this in the first place.
Message 1 of 7
GroundSloth
Aspirant

Re: Update to 2.5.3.108 no longer shows satellite connection status accurately

Similar issue here post update. Satellites lose connection. Often show as "Waiting for connection" on the firmware page or with "Config sync" status on the "Attached Devices" screen. It's affecting the clients since they lose connection and have to reconnect. Disappointing. 

Model: SRK60B06|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 2 of 7
PSwifi
Tutor

SRR60 also not connecting to satellites consistently. Advisor says to role back to firmware version previous to 2.5.3.108. Whatever is wrong with this update Netgear need to fix it, and at least aqnowledge there is a problem. I have found no statement by Netgear that there is a problem with this update. Once I finally got to a Netgear advisor they were very helpful, including calling me back.

Message 3 of 7
Surge74
Aspirant

Netgear did acknowlege to me that they are aware of this issue and are working on a fix.

Message 4 of 7
rcmusuk
Aspirant

update to firmware 2.5.3.108 still won't allow satellites to connect to router......very frustrating that this continues....spent the last two weeks trying every reboot imaginable

Message 5 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Better than me.  The update renderend my Orbi useless.  It would just flash while.  I have to factory reset 3 times for it to stop boot looping.

just got everything back up and running.  It's still running 2.5.3.108 after all that and it seems ok.  It's connected to my Satellite fine.

Message 6 of 7
Combiz
Aspirant

I agree, I think claiming to be a professional platfrom they should learn something from competion like Google, the setup, update , diagnoitics and status of the network.. this like the 1980's software, and most of the time it dones no twork properly,,  don't know why??

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7