Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Why doesn't app support AP mode management?

hthompson94
Tutor

Why doesn't app support AP mode management?

I currently have my RBR50 in AP mode.  I am really frustrated that many of the basic features, like remote administration, including with the app, firmware updates to the satellites (other access points), etc., are not supported in the same ease-of-use way as when I'm using the Orbi in router mode.  Frankly, one of the biggest issues is that the "satellites" in this configuration partially work through centralized mangement and for other things, you have to directly connect to the satellites.  The lack of the app working is completely unacceptable.

I completely undersrtand that *some* of the features don't make sense / are not applicable when the system is set up in AP mode.  But for all the features that do make sense, why can't this be supported?  The app used to just fail without reason, but I tried again recently and now flatly says that AP mode is not supported.  Makes no sense other than just not a priority for Netgear.

Honestly, these issues have made me start considering alternatives.  I'm ready to move to Wifi 6, but I don't think I'll be considering Orbi at this point unless this changes.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7