Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Wifi Not Detected

anevel
Initiate

Wifi Not Detected

I've had an Orbi network setup for 2 years without issue.

The network is still live.  All devices are still getting internet currently. But...

Today I tried to open the Orbi app on my iphone 12 (which is relatively new, not sure if thats related) and it said 'Product Not Detected'. No matter what I did, it basically couldn't connect to my Orbi network.

-I've rebooted the router

-Rebooted the modem

- Uninstalled and reinstalled the Orbi App (and re-added my phone as 'trusted device')

- Turned off my phone Cellular Data

- Confirmed my phone is 'allowing local network' to the app

Still currently "Wifi Not Detected"

I AM able to login to the router on my phone's browser as 'admin' and see that the system seems to be running ok.  I even updated the router firmware, but no luck.

Seems at this point like its a problem with my phone/App, not the system?

Help!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
vajim
Master

I'm sure others may offer more help specific to the app (there is a seperate section for the app), but my advice is STOP using the app

Message 2 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

@anevel wrote:

Today I tried to open the Orbi app on my iphone 12 (which is relatively new, not sure if thats related) and it said 'Product Not Detected'. No matter what I did, it basically couldn't connect to my Orbi network.

Still currently "Wifi Not Detected"

I AM able to login to the router on my phone's browser as 'admin' and see that the system seems to be running ok.  I even updated the router firmware, but no luck.

This seems inconsistent.  If the network cannot be detected and connected to, how is it possible to login using the phone browser?

The newest iOS has introduced "private MAC addresses" where the phone creates a unique random MAC address for every WiFi network.  If Access Control is enabled (sounds like it is), this might be a factor.  I agree wholeheartedly that the phone has a problem, not the Orbi.

Message 3 of 5
anevel
Initiate

Thanks, will look into the iphone settings.

To clarify, the actual internet works ok, but when I open the App (which is what I have always used as the portal to my Orbi system), it just continues to say "WIFI not detected", despite that being obviously incorrect as I am actively able to use the Orbi wifi network on that device.

I've found some channels discussing a manual firmware update that might resolve the issue.  Giving that a shot now.

Message 4 of 5
vajim
Master

@anevel wrote:

I've found some channels discussing a manual firmware update that might resolve the issue.  Giving that a shot now.

Warning do so at your own risk

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7