Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

can not renew license

VB_RC
Aspirant

can not renew license

can not renew license in the Orbi app on my smart phone.  There is a banner - says license expires 2021-3-10. Save 35% now.  Nothing happens when I try to slide the banner.  I read in the community notes that some people reloaded the app and then the banner worked.  I've reloaded the app and the banner still does not work.  What can I do?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: can not renew license

Hello VB_RC,

May you reinstall the Orbi app and power cycle your Orbi router.

Christian 

Message 2 of 10
VB_RC
Aspirant

Christian: HI and thanks for your email.    

I want to clarify a few things. 

(1)  Do I need to power cycle only my Orbi router or the Orbi network (my cable provided modem and my Orbi router)?  I thought I should do both.

(2) After I turn off/unplug the Orbi router, I need to unplug the 2 wall plug satellites - correct?

(3) A netgear article says I need to turn off or shut down all of the devices that are connected to the router's network.  I assume this would mean my TVs and iphones only.  There are several apps on our iphones that connect to WiFI so I don't need to do anything with them (e.g. our kitchen stove and thermostats are connected thru WIFI).  Is this correct?

Thanks so much for your assistance.

Message 3 of 10
VB_RC
Aspirant

Christain: HI  I realize you may be very busy but I would greatly appreciate a response to my questions on power cycling.  

Thanks and have a great day.

Message 4 of 10
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello VB_RC, 

I would recommend power cycling the Orbi router only and reinstalling the Orbi app. If you can also provide a screenshot of the banner in the Orbi app that would be awesome.

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 5 of 10
VB_RC
Aspirant

Hi Christian:

ok -- I will try your recommendation later today. 

I have attached a document which shows the banner in the Orbi app of the 35% off. 

Message 6 of 10
VB_RC
Aspirant

Christian:  Hi and good day.   Last night and again this morning I power cycled the router/satelites only and reinstalled the ORBI app.   When I go to the banner on the Orbi app for renewal at a 35% discount, nothing happens -- same as before.

I dont' know if this  matters -- but I bought the Orbi WiFi system from Best Buy with total tech support for the first year.  I stopped by Best Buy yesterday -- the Geek Squad rep said that I would have to wait until the subscription expires -- March 10 -- and then I can renew then.  Not sure what, if any, discount will apply.

I also have Bitdender installed.  Not sure if or how this matters for my Orbi renewal. 

Any future suggestions?  

Message 7 of 10
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello VB_RC, 

May you check to see if you're able to renew your Armor subscription today as your subscription expired on 3/10/21.

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 8 of 10
VB_RC
Aspirant

Hi Christian 

No I was not able to renew using my ORBI app.  Got message to contact consumer support on my phone. 

After 3 calls (2 were disconnected) I spoke to someone who supported Armor.  I could not renew -- I had to make a purchase   I got my receipt & activation code.  When I go to the wesite (Armor.netgear.com ) & login, I try to put in my activation code -- I receive either an error message that it appears that I don't have a subscription or there was an error & to try again later.  I have now tried to activate the code 4 times.  

Message 9 of 10
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi VB_RC,

May you send me a private message and confirm your email address and router serial number for us to check further.

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7