Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: firmware will not update

riffle
Aspirant

firmware will not update

I am always making sure I keep everything updated, but this last update is causing some issues. 
I saw last week there was a firmware update. The issue is an error comes up when trying to check it.i keep my phone updated .
Below is a screen shots,  the error I’m getting. Why is this error started,and how can it be resolved.

this is on a iphone that is always kept up to date 

i have deleted and reistalled the App also let me add, i tried to download the new fiormare version for the website,  and it states it canot recongnize it, so it is no good , i have tried to send emails and also started a case within the APp ,  no responce at all,  when i try to call in this morning, you cant understand anyone that answers the phone, i was at work, so i couldnt talk long,   and then my case gets marked as resolved, There is nothing resolved here. 

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 13
riffle
Aspirant

Does anyone know of a higher leverl that i can contact also, to get some answers . 

Message 2 of 13
plemans
Guru

What firmware are you currently running?

You're trying to do over a phone?

I'd try it over a laptop/desktop using the browser.  You can try the autoupdate over the manual version and if that doesn't work, the manual update. 

If you're going the manual route, download the appropriate firmware, make sure to extract the file from the zip folder, and then try uploading it. many people forget/don't know to extract the zip file.

Make sure to do manual firmware updates over a hardwired connection. I usually recommend a factory reset after update for the best results. 

Here's your support site that has the firmware, manual (with how to manually update), etc.  Try this route and if it fails, describe exactly how its failing.  aka what steps, what errors, what device/devices you've tried.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/WNR2000v3.aspx

Message 3 of 13
riffle
Aspirant

Hello 

the firmware is 2.3.1.44

and i would have to conect the router hard wire to the computer to do anything, because it doesn’t work threw wifi to even see the router.  and yes it is all done threw the app on the phone, did you see the error I’m getting in the pic i uploaded.

Cary 
Message 4 of 13
plemans
Guru

yes, I can see the picture.

Again, try the steps over a hardwired connection and let me know how it goes. 

Message 5 of 13
riffle
Aspirant

ok, i will try it after work 

thank you 

Message 6 of 13
riffle
Aspirant

Also the linl you gave me in the first one is not my router.

i have the RBR20 with a satallite 

Message 7 of 13
plemans
Guru

Sorry, was helping on another one. Here's the correct link for the rbr20

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBR20.aspx

Message 8 of 13
riffle
Aspirant

1 more question, when i hardwire the computer, what is the best way to see everything, please 

Message 9 of 13
plemans
Guru

Not sure what you mean "to see everything".

Are you talking the attached devices page?

Message 10 of 13
riffle
Aspirant

so im now hardwired on the computer, when i go to login, it says access denied, is there a trick to this or a website to go to?

Message 11 of 13
plemans
Guru

you're going to orbilogin.net?

default login is admin  default password is password

If those don't work and you setup password recovery, you can go through the recover password process to get it. If you didn't set it up, you'll need to do a factory reset to access it.  Did you try your app login info as well?

Message 12 of 13
riffle
Aspirant

EVERYTHING WORKED !!!!!!!   THANK YOU !!!!

Now when i go into the app on the phone it says ffirmware  is up to date . 

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7