Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: iPhone IOS 14.01 problems with Orbi App

iPhone IOS 14.01 problems with Orbi App

Hi,

I am having trouble with the new IOS 14 system in combination with the Orbi App. After reading that there must be granted access to the local network in the privacy tab off iOS 14. I thought "let's take a look" but as it seems there is no Orbi app present in the local network / Privacy list. So I uninstalled the app and reinstalled the app. This had no effect. 
So if there somebody has  another workaround please let me know. If it's a problem in the app I would appreciate netgear would solve it..

thanks

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 30

Accepted Solutions

Hi,
Everything works now after the new release.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 30

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Networksniffer, 

May you refer to the article below and see if you're able to view the local network access slider in your iPhone's settings. You may need to reinstall the Orbi app. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000062316/Why-am-I-being-asked-to-let-the-Nighthawk-or-Orbi-apps-connect-to-d...

Christian

Message 2 of 30

hello Christian,

that's the problem. In the local Network list normally is the app Orbi but after the reinstall the app Is gone. I have reinstalled it 4 times it doesn't come back. So if there is a way to get the Orbi app back in the list it will probably work. 

greetings 

pascal 

Message 3 of 30
Speast
Tutor

Where is the local access slider on the iPhone?  I've googled it and found no answer.  

The verification method to send to iPhone thru a push notification and the email option locks up (ie the "Continue" button is greyed out).

Thanks!

Message 4 of 30

Hi

I think there is no local access slider. When you install the Orbi app it creates a record called Orbi in privacy /local network. This has a slider which give your Orbi app access to the local network. This must be green. When you slide it left it is off and colored gray. That is what they probably mean. 

Message 5 of 30
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Orbi App users,

We recently released a new iOS update for the Orbi app. May you reinstall the app and after doing so, please refer to the article I linked earlier in the thread so that you may enable local network access. 

Christian 

Message 6 of 30

Hi,
Everything works now after the new release.

Thanks.
Message 7 of 30
Speast
Tutor

I have deleted and  reinstalled the Orbi app several times.  When I log in it asks for location access which I allow "while using the app".  I log in and get a "we don't recognize this device". No "push verification" is sent to the phone so I select "Try another verification method". It pulls up my email address but the "continue" button doesn't activate.   This is the the same issue I had when I originally posted.  Please help. 

Message 8 of 30
GY84
Tutor

I also still have this issue that has persisted for weeks. I have latest IOS version downloaded, latest Orbi app version downloaded on 9/28/2020, already have local network access green, and it still doesn't let me use the app. It says "Issues connecting with "my wifi router name." It then suggests I make sure I'm connected to the wifi router which I am, and allow access to the local network which it already has access to. I'm not using VPN as suggested by some others in another thread. I'm still getting push notifications from the app about security scans, and currently have a red "1" in the top right corner of my app on the home screen that just appeared overnight. There's clearly still an ongoing link between the system and app, but something is wrong.

Message 9 of 30
FURRYe38
Guru

I updated my iphone to iOS14.1 yesterday. I put my RBK50 loaded with v16 online again to day in AP Mode. Orbi app v2.6.4.13 now can't detect the Orbi system and says there are "issues connecting to the SSID name." 

I was asked to allow the app access. However there is no local network access slider seen under the app settings.

Removed the app, rebooted the phone, re-installed the app. Logged into my NG account. Setup a new system on the app. Orbi app says Orbi Not Found. Backing out and letting the app detect the system, it reports that Wifi Not detected though the iphone is connected to the Orbi wifi and does work with other IoT apps. 

@Christian_R 

Message 10 of 30
afff50v2
Guide

Ok. I have tried EVERYTHING deleting nighthawk app, deleting Orbi app, rebooting modem/router, I can get through the allowing network access but the app will NOT verify my phone as a trusted device therefore won’t open the app to me. Feels really insecure? And so crazy that you can not message the developer through the app. I am not happy with the lack of support from this company. 😒
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 11 of 30
Speast
Tutor

This is exactly my issue.  Is there anyone from  Netgear that would like to respond to this so it can be resolved?   And ideally please respond at a level that is easy for everyone, not just techies, to understand.  Thank you. 

Message 12 of 30
afff50v2
Guide

@Speast 

I found another thread from someone who called Netfear, stayed on the line for 90 minutes and actually spoke to someone at netgear.  he said it is a known problem with the app and that they are 'working on it'.  they told him of the work around where you select 'don't trust this device' and proceed as usual.  then it will open the app and you can update the firmware and work with the app like you used to be able to do.  I tried it and it worked for me!  After trying everything else - this is what it took.  Not selecting my iphone as a 'trusted device'.  smh.  I hope it works for you.   

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 13 of 30
GY84
Tutor

Just uninstall/reinstalled yet again to try this "don't trust device" method.... it didn't work. Exact same result as last time. Most frustrating part is I just downloaded the new orbi app update 5 min ago, and it's still broken! Idk how they mark this thread as issue solved

Message 14 of 30

Hi.
Here the same. The iPhone ask for a thrust device and the it’s done. The orbi app quits en can’t login. Trying to deactivate the verification option but this also changes nothing. So still waiting on a solution
Greetings all
Message 15 of 30
TBoeneke
Initiate

This has NOT been resolved! I've tried the solutions that are posted for ios 14 users (I have 14.0.1) and nothing works. I'm unable to access my Orbi modem - this has been going on for a few weeks now. 

I've deleted the app, reinstalled, tried both - trust my device and not to trust my device, still can't get into my modem. There is nothing in the Settings > Orbi app about "Local Network" and the app never asked to turn it on either. 

Please advise.

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 16 of 30
janilsen
Initiate

This has NOT been resolved. I purchased a new RBK752 set yesterday and wasn’t prompted to permit access to local network. I googled and got onto this thread. Installed the Nighthawk app and gave the permissions there, then uninstalled both the Nighthawk and the Orbi app, re-installed (the latest) Orbi app and still wasn’t prompted. I see this issue has been going on for sometime without solution from Netgear (it’s provoking that this thread is marked as “solved”) so I’m wrapping this product up and return it to the vendor. No use of a product not working and a maker not caring.
Message 17 of 30

Yesterday I received an update of the iPhone app(orbi). This Solved my Problem. So I hope there will be soon. A solution to everyone
Message 18 of 30
msebae
Tutor

Problem solved for me - I found I had an old Netgear Nighthawk app I had to delete, then delete and reinstall Orbi app, and I finally get prompted to allow Local Network access. I do mobile app development and my guess is Netgear is using the same developer certificate for both apps, and iOS14 will only allow one Local Network accessibility setting per cert.

So if you got an old Netgear Nighthawk; gotta delete that app for Orbi app to work on iOS 14.

Message 19 of 30
Bdl6311
Initiate

I had the same problem.  I deleted my old nighthawk app and everything now works.

Message 20 of 30
crpres
Initiate

This is important.  If you have the other Nighthawk app still installed, it will not work even if you do all the other steps mentioned on this page.  For those that have the Nighthawk app installed; you must delete it for the Orbi app to work.

Message 21 of 30
ntheaux
Initiate

So i should of looked here first - as i was having the same issue.  I do have the nighthawk app and was going to delete like recommened.  However i opened the app to see if i had anything connected to it.  It asked the permission question and i said yes, then it told me it does not support my device (bc i have orbri and not nighthawk).  It showed a link to open my orbi app and it did and guess what it loaded just fine.  Not sure if that is the solution for everyone, but hopefully this is a solid solution (i had already updated my firmware).

Message 22 of 30
Ginger808
Initiate

Omg! Thank you so much for this. I had a nighthawk app and just deleted it and now the Orbi app FINALLY detected my Orbi router. Would have never figured that out!
Message 23 of 30
portlandmh
Aspirant

I had R7000 and Orbi apps on IOS 14.1 phone.  Could no longer locally access Orbi router via Orbi App after upgrade to IOS 14.  Deleted R7000 app and now Orbi app works.  Thanks for tip.

Message 24 of 30
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Orbi App users,

Thank you for your feedback. We released iOS Orbi app v2.7.0.28 recently. We recommend updating to the latest app version along with updating to iOS 14.2 if the update is available for your iOS device. 

Regards,

Christian

Message 25 of 30
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 29 replies
  • 17 kudos
  • 15 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7