Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: iphone app cannot detect orbi

tg_Orbi
Follower

iphone app cannot detect orbi

RBR20 with RBR30? satellite.  V2.5.1.16 version firmware.  phone app version 2.6.4.13

Cannot connect with iPhone 8 plus with orbi app.  At initial install could connect.  Could connect via anywhere access.  Now can't.  Had multiple issues with satellite staying connected and did full reset on both base and satellite.  Deleted app multiple times.  Deleted and did reset on phone (up/down volume then hold power button).  No luck.  Cannot see local network setting in orbi app from settings menu.  Loaded on a iPhone6s phone (spouse phone) and it works fine there. No matter what I do cannot get it work on iPhone 8Plus.  

Have had issues with the satellite staying connected.  The more I try to do things to get it to work other problems appear 

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
Mstrbig
Master

There have been may posts about certain iPhone models and the Orbi App. Not sure what the issue is, but if it works on one iPhoine model and not another, it is surely an iPhone issue. The Orbi systems are not selective. With that said, try resetting your network on the iPhone, forget the WIFI and rejoin and see if that helps. 

Message 2 of 7
Mikey94025
Hero

The latest iOS 14 release added an explicit setting for each app to control access to local network devices.  Go to Settings in the iPhone, search for "Orbi" and make sure the "Local Network" option is enabled like in the below pic.

57934.jpg

Message 3 of 7
Mikey94025
Hero

Attaching pic

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

The problem is with iOS 14.0.1 which doesn't have the Local Network settings to select for the app. 

I believe this was resolved in iOS 14.0.2 which hasn't been released yet. Im still wating for apple to release this version for my iphone. 

Message 5 of 7
chinashaw
Aspirant

HI,

I am just jumping in here. I had an iPhone XR and now the 12Plus and have the same issue. I am connected to the network, got 4 bars and all that, I can browse the web and send messages. I cannot connect to the network via the app. It just tells me it is not there.

Then it is fine.

Then a day later it doesn't connect.

I have done the rebooting thing on both the router and the iPhone. I think it is an iPhone & Orbi app issue? I shouldn't have to reboot all the time.

Any thoughts, apart from my usual one, which is A*rse and then ignore it until it works again, which is a little frustrating.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 6 of 7
steffanj
Aspirant

Having this same issue. Phone is connect TO the Orbi satelite, yet the mobile app won't show any connectivity.  Haven't done an iPhone update in a while, so I'm not sure what to do.  Just started happening 2 weeks ago and I can't figure it out.  Any help would be great!! 

@chinashaw 

Thx

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7